Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Well day one has arrived...I really wasn't looking forward to it but I'm doing alright so far :D
I've had two litres of water already, and I'm just having my beloved vegetable soup at the moment (think I must be the only person who :heartpump:s the soups ;))
Can't wait to be back in a proper routine and to start shifting some of this lard!
x

The quicker it goes on, the quicker it comes off! I'm sure you'll have a bumper week this week and be back on track in no time :)

The quicker it goes on, the quicker it comes off! I'm sure you'll have a bumper week this week and be back on track in no time :)

Thanks Kez :D That's what we're both hoping!
Hope you're enjoying CD and that all is well with you :)
x

Have a great week Alex, good to see you back xx

Thanks you two! It's good to be back (in a strange kind of way!)

I was saying to The Man that getting started this time feels different to last time.
Last time I had crazy hunger - my belly was literally growling like a wild animal, and I was constantly having arguments with myself in my head about starting again tomorrow, or going back to calorie counting or whatever.

This time, my belly is behaving and I feel very motivated, but physically I've felt much more ropey than last time. I didn't feel sick at all last time, but I felt really queasy for the last hour at work yesterday, and I've been tired and lethargic overall :(

I slept really well last night though, and I feel a little better today, but still lacking in energy considering how much sleep I had! Although it would have been more if I hadn't got engrossed in the episode of Casualty that I'd recorded on Saturday! I didn't realise when I put it on that it was a feature-length episode, but I couldn't bring myself to switch it off!

x

Thats exactly how I feel this time around. I had so much energy last time but now tired all of the time!
Still hungry though...never quiet felt what others felt in ketosis!
I suppose we're all different :-D

Nope, nor me Shelly - I always felt hungy even when I was in ketosis - and at times I even doubted that I was in ketosis!
Now I've had a break, I realise that I definitely WAS in ketosis, and that there's no way I would've been able to stick it out for nearly 100 days if I hadn't been. Yes, I still felt hungry in ketosis, but the stomach pangs and the food cravings were so much worse over Christmas, and that was at a time when I'd given myself permission to have whatever I wanted!

I guess I have to realise that I'm not going to be one of these people who would forget to have their pack, because they don't feel hungry at all! I think my belly will always remind me to eat, it's just a lot easier not to when ketosis kicks in.
x

Hiya Alex, good to see you're back into the swing of things. I've also found this time round i am not bursting with energy like last time, and i'm also feeling hungry a lot more, especially around late afternoon, whereas last time i don't think i got a single hunger pang after day 4! Still, it's teaching me not to give in to them i suppose, a good lesson for once i reach goal, hope you don't suffer too much. is 'The Man' (hehe) back on the diet with you as well? x

Thanks Steph...
Isn't it funny how it can be different every time you start Exante?! Late afternoons are my problem time too....the last hour at work just seems to drag, and my energy levels are really suffering by that time. Hopefully it'll get better once I'm into it properly :)

Yeah, The Man is back in the swing of thing of things too - we're both determined to blitz out Christmas gains. He's finding it slightly easier in terms of hunger than last time, although he says that he's waking up hungry in the mornings. Nothing a litre of water doesn't sort out though.

Hopefully within a few weeks we'll be back to losing new blubber - I can't wait!
x

How's day 4 for you Alex, still hanging on in there? xx

I am!
Maybe I'm imagining things but it doesn't seem quite as difficult as yesterday so maybe ketosis in around the corner somewhere.
It's hard to tell with me though, as I don't get that big rush of energy that some people get, and I still get hungry (trust me to be one of the unlucky ones ;))
Hope you're still doing well Ali x

Yeah I am most definitely here. I wrote my first blog today and I have got a few things straight in my head. Plus, it has made me realise how stupid I have been and how I should have just cracked on with it last year!
I haven't exactly had a rush of energy but I feel good :) It was 2pm before I had my first shake but I have had 3 coffees and 2L water.

It can only get easier :)

Yeah, I have been full of regrets about allowing myself to re-gain so much over Christmas, but we can't keep beating ourselves up about what we could've done differently in the past. It's the future that matters, and we're changing ours for the better :)

Day 5 nearly over and I think ketosis may be here as I actually did some housework earlier rather than slobbing out on the sofa! My hands are freezing too, so if I'm not there yet, I will be soon :D

Just off to have a bath and watch one born every minute on 4oD while I wait for The Man to get here...
x

Thanks KB - it's weigh in day tomorrow, and I can't wait to post a (hopefully) good loss. It'll be a bit of a novelty considering that I've spent the last 3/4 weeks watching the scales gradually creep up!

I ordered a sachet of the porridge the other day, which has been tempting me for the past few days. I promised that I'd wait until The Man was here before trying it though, so I've had to resist!
Really really hope I like it because I love ordinary porridge....fingers crossed!

Might have to clean my windows today :( This sunshine is great, but it makes it hard to ignore the fact that your windows haven't been cleaned in recent months!
x

I didn't do them in the end. I lay down for a bit, and the urge passed ;)

Right, we've been out and about today, so I'm only just getting around to posting our results, but better late than never.
We didn't really know what to expect, given that we took our start weights last Sunday morning, but carried on eating that day (all day ;))and started properly on Monday!
So we were both absolutely chuffed when we discovered that I'd lost 10.5lbs and The Man had lost 17.5lbs (which is just crazy for a 6 day week)!!!

I really wanted to get 10lbs or more, as it would take me back into the 13s, so I was so pleased with that :D It's still kinda sobering that I still have to lose another 11.5lbs to get back to my pre-Christmas weight, but I had a word with myself today and decided to start focussing on how close I am to my goal instead, and how soon I could be there if I put my mind to it!

I know I'll probably adjust that target when I get there, but it'll be so nice to get back to my lowest ever adult weight (last seen sometime in 2007, despite 4 years of trying to get back there!)

Have a great week everyone :D

Back