Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Well done Alex, great results for the two of you xx

Fantastic loss . Well done to you both :)

Well done, Alex, great result for both of you, keep it up! Enjoy your duvet day,

KB x

Thanks KB :D I love duvet days...caught up on a few things on my Sky planner, then watched the final of the darts with The Man.

Well done Alex superb results for you an OH.
Stapo

Thanks Stapo - hope you're having a good time on your jollies :D

Great results for both you and your hubby well done:)

Thanks Sami... we're not actually married though...The Man's my boyfriend :D

Fantastic results babe keep going!!! I'm back and starting Day 1 tomorrow. Feel positive now so I'll be joining you on the road to slimville x

Thanks Shelly - I seem to have found my mojo a bit now. Got a trip away coming up in the middle of March so I'd like to be at my initial goal by then!
Hope you're doing alright too x

Well done Alex, great results for the two of you xx

Thanks Ali :D Sounds like you're doing great too! :)

Fantastic loss . Well done to you both :)

Thank you :D But what can I say - 1lb to goal? You're doing just brilliantly :D I'd just love to be a size 14 - my 18s are fitting just fine, and I can just about squeeze into a 16 sometimes, so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm wearing them comfortably!

Can't believe we're half way through another week already - it seems to be flying!
I'm off work this week, so I'm taking advantage of the time (and weather!) to have a massive clear out at home. I don't know what's come over me - literally everything that isn't glued down is going to the charity shop, being offered on Freecycle, or sold on Ebay!

Yesterday, I spent the whole day sanding and re-oiling my solid oak worktop (a job I'd been putting off for months, if not years) It was in a bit of a state to start with, but I must admit to being pretty proud of my efforts, as it's come up lovely :D

Today is going to be spent clearing out the 3rd bedroom (aka junk room). I have plans to turn it into a dressing room, with a lovely dressing table, and all my make-up/hair stuff, so I don't have to keep it in the main bedroom.
Someone gave me a really old dressing table a while back from her nan's house, so I'm going to sand it down and paint it white. I've not done anything like that before but I've done some googling and I think I know what I'm doing.
Not sure I'll get around to that this week, but you never know!

Needless to say, all this activity is taking my mind off food, so I'm not finding it too difficult this week. I just hope all the activity helps with the result on Sunday!

Hope you're all having a great week :D
x

Lovely Alex, your very own boudoir! Have a look at decoupage and try that on the dressing table you can make it match any decor. Xx

Woohooo well done mr an mrs!

Xx

Double wooo hoooo u super trooper well done to u and the man - he sounds abit like the stig like the mystery man kinda Thingy bob lol lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Precious!!!! How u doin chickie xx

Thanks everyone - I'm spending so much time stalking other peoples diaries that I keep forgetting to update ours!
Yesterday's weigh in was pretty run of the mill in terms of weight loss - 4lbs for The Man, 2lbs for me :) but we hit a couple of significant milestones.
I finally lost the last of my Christmas gain, meaning that I'm now back to losing virgin blubber :D But the big news is that The Man hit the 6 stone mark!!! :wow:

So proud of him :heartpump:

Well tomorrow is Valentines Day, and we've decided to go for a WS day so we can have a nice meal together in the evening. It's going to be rib eye steak, with salad and a few (ketosis friendly) trimmings....
I don't think we'll be watching the calories as much as if we were doing a full week of WS though! :eek:

Onto other news - I went for a lovely spa afternoon on Saturday, and ate out for the very first time on Exante (I usually just say no to all social stuff involving food!) It was a little bit challenging though....firstly because the set menu consisted of baguettes, sandwiches, and jacket potatoes only!! So I had to negotiate a tuna salad with the waitress after explaining that I'm low-carbing. The second challenge was that the salad arrived at the table complete with a HOT granary roll and butter!!! :eek:
It really did take all of my willpower not to wolf it down in one gulp!
The spa was lovely and relaxing though, and it was great to spend an afternoon with a couple of my best friends... we all left saying that we must do it for often :)

Hope everyone is well x

OOOOHHHHH well done on the will power. Butter gets me very time, I just love it with everything so it is banned from the house except on special occasions. Christmas etc. Really well done on getting back to where you were at Christmas, didn't take long really in the great scheme of things.
Enjoy Valentines, and keep up the good work!

KB x

OOOOHHHHH well done on the will power. Butter gets me very time, I just love it with everything so it is banned from the house except on special occasions. Christmas etc. Really well done on getting back to where you were at Christmas, didn't take long really in the great scheme of things.
Enjoy Valentines, and keep up the good work!

KB x

Yeah, butter is my downfall too (or one of them!) and it's one thing I won't compromise on...it's got to be Lurpack or I won't bother. I'd rather go without than have some kind of low-fat, low-cal margarine.

That's fab you are back at your pre-Christmas weight. You and the man are doing sooo well!!

Go will power...I need some today x

Thank you :D It does feel great to be back to my pre-Christmas weight, but I'm getting impatient now! I just want to get this weight off once and for all.

Totally awesome Alex very well done chick x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Precious - hope you're doing okay too :)

Alex_1978 said:
Thanks everyone - I'm spending so much time stalking other peoples diaries that I keep forgetting to update ours!
Yesterday's weigh in was pretty run of the mill in terms of weight loss - 4lbs for The Man, 2lbs for me :) but we hit a couple of significant milestones.
I finally lost the last of my Christmas gain, meaning that I'm now back to losing virgin blubber :D But the big news is that The Man hit the 6 stone mark!!! :wow:

So proud of him :heartpump:

Well tomorrow is Valentines Day, and we've decided to go for a WS day so we can have a nice meal together in the evening. It's going to be rib eye steak, with salad and a few (ketosis friendly) trimmings....
I don't think we'll be watching the calories as much as if we were doing a full week of WS though! :eek:

Onto other news - I went for a lovely spa afternoon on Saturday, and ate out for the very first time on Exante (I usually just say no to all social stuff involving food!) It was a little bit challenging though....firstly because the set menu consisted of baguettes, sandwiches, and jacket potatoes only!! So I had to negotiate a tuna salad with the waitress after explaining that I'm low-carbing. The second challenge was that the salad arrived at the table complete with a HOT granary roll and butter!!! :eek:
It really did take all of my willpower not to wolf it down in one gulp!
The spa was lovely and relaxing though, and it was great to spend an afternoon with a couple of my best friends... we all left saying that we must do it for often :)

Hope everyone is well x

Hi Alex well done both of you, Yay to virgin blubber and 6 stone amazing :eek: I read your diary a few days ago and didn't comment! How rude of me? lol Hope you enjoyed your spa and the Valentines meal :)

Hi Alex well done both of you, Yay to virgin blubber and 6 stone amazing :eek: I read your diary a few days ago and didn't comment! How rude of me? lol Hope you enjoyed your spa and the Valentines meal :)

Haha, I'll let you off ;) It's so easy to read and run when there are so many diaries to catch up on at the moment! I know I'm very guilty of it!
The spa was lovely thanks - just what I needed after a week of clearing out cupboards!
Valentine's was great too - the steaks turned out really well (I'm always a bit nervous when cooking steaks) and we both enjoyed the evening.

I really don't know what's going to happen on the scales tomorrow though, partly because the meal was quite big on Tuesday, and partly because I've had a few other WS type bits and bobs this week (chicken mostly). I've upped my water to 4L over the last couple of days, so I'm helping that might help, although I'm not really sure why!? Maybe flushing out the baddies ;)
x

Thanks precious, but there's not much positivity here today I'm afraid! :(
Just a measly pound for me (again!) and 1.5lbs for The Man. This is starting to get to me now. After 6 weeks back on plan, I've had three good weeks and three bad ones :( I know I'm still losing, but my mood is up and down like a yo-yo at the moment.
I know I can't give up on Exante, as there are only three weeks to go until my trip to London, and I'd been hoping to reach my first goal by then. I don't know whether that'll happen at all now, but I know that I don't stand a chance if I give up on Exante, and that'll make me feel even worse.

I know this week's result is probably because of the Valentine's day meal and the other tit-bits I've had, but if that's the effect one meal and 300cals worth of chicken has on my body, I dread to think what'll happen when I go back to eating real food again at the end of all this!

Sorry for the moaning :( hopefully I'll have a better result next week! I feel like I really need one!

Onto better news - I'm into the 12's now....only just (12st 13.5lbs) but I'm there nonetheless! :)
Have a great Sunday everyone...I'm off to wallow in my own self pity ;)
x

Hey, Alex, it's still off my girl, be proud! All continues to go in the right direction for you, head down, chin up (if that is possible) and keep going, you're getting there!

KB xx

Hi Alex, take some of the advice you have given me...a loss is still a loss...better off than on!!!

You are doing really well, don't get disheartened like I did and give up...you can do it...we both can!!! X

Goal 1 - get into the 12's by week 2

Goal 2 - get into the 11's by week 5

I dont think a vlcd ever goes as well any other time than the first, I dont know whether your body knows whats coming and fights it or what. Also I think after the first time we are tempted to sneak the odd bits in here and there, where as first time we are much stricter.

With the weight gain, I also think on a vlcd we just have to accept that when we come off we are going to gain up to 7lbs. But thats the whole reason we move up the steps, so our bodies can adjust back and drop the initial glycogen gain.

Stay strong! You've done amazingly well and are a complete inspiration to us all. Be proud of yourself and yay for the 12's! I'm 4 stone behind you :)

Back