Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Thanks everybody :D Just a quick update, as I'm off to a job interview in about 10 minutes! Arrrgggghhhhhhhhh!
My stomach is absolutely churning and I'm sooo nervous, but the positive thing is that I'm no longer bunged up! I think this is the long awaited cure for VLCD constipation (sorry if TMI!)

Anyway, for those of you waiting for an update on my Hong Kong/Sydney trip....my boss said.....YES!!!
No getting my hopes up too much because it'll depend on how many seats are free on the flight (I'm not actually guaranteed a seat like a 'normal' passenger) but it's hard not to get excited about a trip like that!

Anyway, better get going!
Wish me luck!
x

Hey Hun good luck have everything crossed for your interview and yay to your boss saying yes so exciting can we squeeze in the suitcase too lol xx

Yayyyy on the Hong Kong trip :D did you get the job?

Yes I got the job!!
Really can't believe how lucky I've been - I decided a little while back that I fancied a change of scene - applied for two jobs over the jubilee bank holiday, got interviews for both of them, went to the first interview and got offered the job!
It really has come as a big shock, partly because I've been working in the same department for 11 years, and partly because it's all happened so quickly.
Everyone's telling me that it'll be the best thing to happen to me, but at the moment I'm swinging between happiness, excitiment and terror!
I think it really sank in when got my formal offer through, and had to hand my notice in - feels very weird to be honest, but I'm hoping that everyone is right and that I'll be happy there. It's a band higher than I'm on now, so that'll be nice, but that wasn't the big incentive. I'll also be working in a brand new department in a brand new hospital, so it should feel very different to where I am now (ancient building that will probably be demolished next year!). Ah well, life's for living so I cant just stay in my comfort zone forever!
And looking at it from a weight-loss perspective, I'll be on my feet all day, so that's gotta burn a few more calories ;)

Speaking of which - weigh in day was yesterday and for once we were both quite pleased with the results! I lost 4lbs and The Man lost 2lbs :)
That takes me to 11st 9 - lighter than I've ever been :eek: Although I know it's all academic because I've got hen do's, wedding and possible trips abroad in the next few weeks!

We celebrated my job offer last night with a rib eye steak, salad, and all the trimmings (no chips/onion rings obviously) so yesterday's calories were about 1200 for me according to MFP (carbs were less than 60 for the day though). We might also go out for a meal this weekend to celebrate properly, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'll be out of ketosis because of the hen do on Saturday, but I'll see how The Man feels about it closer to the time.

And that's about all my news I think....
Hope everyone else is doing well
x

Well done Hun... And congrats on the new job!!!

Woohoo fantastic Alex, new beginnings :)

Hi alex sorry not been on here much, internets been down :-(

Fantastic news about the new job CONGRATULATIONS!! X

Thanks everyone :)
Another 2.5lbs off for me this week (taking me to 11st 6.5), and 2lbs again for The Man.
I won't be anyway near that now though, as I was on a hen do on Saturday, and had the day off yesterday with The Man. Pizza, chocolate and chips were all involved, in large quantities, and I feel about half a stone heavier as a result! Really wish I hadn't eaten so much because I just feel awful today - sick, fat and very very bloated. When will I ever learn eh?
I'm determined not to weigh-in until next Sunday, in the hope that the damage will be mostly undone by then - if not, I'll have to cope with whatever gain comes my way! I know I deserve a gain so I can't exactly complain about it.

Having said that, the pressure is off a bit at the moment weight-wise as I'm now NOT going to Hong Kong/Sydney :cry: Not by choice, it's because my friend has been taken off that flight. Ah well, it obviously wasn't meant to be, and to be honest, it had come at a bit of a bad time (just before new job/friend's wedding etc). I never would have turned it down just because of the timing, but I know there'll be other trips and other opportunities :) She's already taken me to Japan and Jamaica so I can't really complain!

So this week I am just going to chill, chill and chill some more - last week was just crazy - every single night I was running around like a maniac after work trying to prepare stuff for my friend's hen do, but it was soooo worth it because she had a brilliant time :) And I must admit, it did feel good to do fancy dress stuff without feeling self-conscious about my appearance and about drawing attention to myself. We got some great pics too... wigs/glasses/false teeth etc. so lots of funny memories to look back on..

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
x

Oh well it wasn't meant to be :( Looks like you will be too busy to miss Hong Kong too much anyway :p
Doing well hunni xx

Yeah, I must admit, it would've been a bit of a mad rush trying to get ready in time for HK, but I wouldn't have let that hold me back if I'd had the opportunity to go.

Back on the wagon now after my little food free-for-all at the weekend, but it's now day 4, and I'm still not in ketosis :( I curse the fact that it takes me so long, and even when I do get there, I don't get any of the strong positive symptoms (lack of hunger and/or an abundance of energy). Ah well, I'll plod on regardless! Ketosis should be just around the corner, and with a bit of luck, I might've lost most of my binge gain by this Sunday. I have no idea yet though, as I'm staying away from the scales!

After that, I've got until the following Friday to hopefully lose a bit more, before I go on yet another hen do that night, and a wedding reception on Saturday! I really am up against it at the moment, but I do live in hope that I'll manage to get to 4th August (Freind's wedding) at roughly the same weight I am now, if not a bit lighter!
x

You are doing amazingly well and I'm sure you will def be lighter come a months time!

Hello!
Well it's been another spell with no update from me - but I've been plodding on as normal.
Last week's result was a STS for me and a 0.5lb gain for The Man. Neither of us minded that, as we'd both been off plan for two days the previous week.
I've weighed in early today, as I'm on a hen do tonight, and was really pleased to see that in five days I'd lost another 2lbs, taking me to 11st 4.5lbs! Those 10s almost feel within my reach now, which is something I really can't get my head around!

But back to the here-and-now...I went shopping yesterday with The Man's mum - mostly looking for bits and bobs (shoes/tops etc) for my new job, but also just a general mooch around the shops. Anyway, for some reason I've had my heart set on a new maxi dress (god knows why in this weather), but none were really floating my boat. It got towards the end of the day and we were about to head back to the car, when one caught my eye in Dorothy Perkins - It was from their Billie and Blossom range, bandeau style, longer at the back than the front, and the pattern was really pretty. The only problem was that it was only a 16 :-/ - now, I know I'm a comfortable 16 on the bottom (nearly ready for 14s) but I always go up a size in dresses so they don't cling on my belly and hips :( But I thought I'd try it anyway...and to my amazement it fitted!!! I didn't get the full impression at the time because I kept my jeans on, and I didn't have a strapless bra, but I could tell I liked it, and The Man's mum liked it too, so I got it :)
So this morning I decided to try it on, without jeans and with some more suitable underwear, and to be perfectly honest....I was beaming from ear to ear. Yes, I'm still a bit chubby, and I have masses of loose skin so I'll need a shrug to cover the bingo wings....but I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, you know what? You look like a normal 34 year old woman :) Not perfect, not slim, not toned, but more normal than I've ever felt. And that felt great! I don't think of myself as a vain person, but I think today I saw myself as I really am, and realised how much my body is changing. I've been so fixated on my problem areas (bingo wings, belly, hips) that I'd completely missed the emerging shape of the rest of my body...in fact, it was like looking at someone else's legs because I hadn't noticed the shape of my calves at all!

I know this has been a bit of a self-indulgent ramble, and I'm not really big headed about my appearance or weight loss, or any of that stuff (I'm living proof that pride comes before a fall, given that I'll fallen on this dieting path so many times), but I really wanted to tell people who understand how it feels not to blend in with the crowd. Because that's all I want really - I don't want to be the skinniest, lightest, or have the best figure. Average will do for me...and I'm getting there!

By the way, this is the dress (without me in it) if anyone is interested :) New Dress.jpg

Great post Alex. Straight from the heart and full of honesty. Keep on keeping on hunni xxx

Thanks guys...
Really struggling today though :( Completely bugg£ered it up at the weekend as I was off plan from Friday afternoon through to Sunday night. Friday and Saturday were planned days off, but it spilled into Sunday as I was hungover, weak and craving junk.
I'd already weighed in on Friday, so the plan was that I would weigh in this Friday and then have a planned night off this Friday for some drinks as it's my last day in my current job. Anyway, I scuppered any thoughts of a STS for this week when I jumped on the scales this morning to see that I am 6 LBS!!! heavier than on Friday :( And that's after 2 days back on plan.
Now I'm not sure whether I should go out on Friday night after all, or try to plough on for another week in the hope of losing the gain. Seems a shame not to mark my last day of work though eh? Even though I wouldn't be going out with work colleagues....

Decisions decisions...
Oh and I did say that pride comes before a fall - it seems that I fell in a spectacular fashion into a big stodgy pizza!
x

Hi Alex, loved your post about fitting on the new dress & you being delighted with your current body shape & image. It's great that you took time to appreciate what you have achieved in a relatively short time. You have added YEARS to both yours & The Man's lives. So don't stress over a few measly pounds of water weight after a well deserved week-end off.

Best of luck in the new job.

Kind regards,

Conor x

Hey hun

How's things an goes the new job xxx

Back