Double up or not????

Discussion in 'alli' started by Jem292, 7 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Jem292

Jem292 Full Member

I've got some alli tablets but have noticed people saying that they are on double strength from doctors so was wondering if I can take two alli tablets? I dont have the container as i wanted to hide what I was taking so I can't read up on recommended doses. Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    I wouldnt like to say yes to you, as i honestly dont know!! I know they are supposed to be the same ingredients but like you say xenical is double strength!! Hope you get an answer for this soon!! Will your doctor not put you on the xenical??

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wouldnt. The reason you get these over the counter is because of the strength of them. Either see your doctor about getting Xenical or just take alli the way its meant to be taken. Its not as clear cut as just taking 2 tablets to make it the same as Xenical

5. Jem292

Jem292 Full Member

I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor and ask to be put on it. I've been before about it and they advised me to try some Internet site to look at which might help but was a load of rubbish!

6. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    I found it hard to go to my doctor as i weigh so much, but i felt better once i did!! Try again and see what they say!! Try not to feel emmbarrassed,

7. booboocraig

booboocraig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(22.96%)
    Diet:
    xenical Orlistat, low-fat diet
    Jem you need to go to the Dr.....

To me it was important that my Dr was involved then if anything went wrong he knew what I was taking especially as I am on other meds !! There is no reason to be embarrassed...they are there to help :)

8. Zest for Life

Zest for Life Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.72%)
    Diet:
    Zest for life of course ;-)
    I always take two, not sure if it's bad thing or not. But if they half the strength I can't see a problem. I'm going to google it now.

9. BigBones

BigBones Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(32.21%)
    there's no problem taking 2, it just doubles the mg to the same strength of a xenical, problem is it will cost a fortune lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.