Down times

ChrissyGee

Hi Everyone,

My wife is doing the Total Solution on Exante and is now on day 15. She's lost just under a stone, which is fantastic, but she's finding it quite tough. It's not the hunger so much as the boredom of no food, not going to lunches with friends, not having food to prepare in an evening.

She's going through a bit of a low patch it seems. Bored and sad. Has anyone else been through this? Any tips on getting through it? Unfortunately the amazing weight loss seems a bit intangible at the moment and isn't enough to keep her smiling.

I notice elsewhere on here that people are treating themselves with the occasional coke zero. Can I recommend that to her as a treat?

Also, we're off on holiday with friends at the end of next week. This is the week that Exante recommend having a meal a day in addition to the three Exante products. I guess for this she should stick to lean meats and green veg/salads?

Thanks - I think she probably just needs to know that others have been through the same :)

Chris

hey , and how lovely that you are trying to help her so much :D It is totally normal to feel like that , in our society food plays a massive part in our lives and its hard to fill that gap !! I have just started having soups , which I find really helps as its nice to have something to sit down with a spoon etc and actually 'eat ' , has she tried the soups ? I also find myself doing much more cleaning and sorting , and meet friends for a 'coffee' instead of lunch.
The biggest thing that helps me through is the knowledge that food will be waiting for me when I have reached my goal weight and its only a temporary 'break' in normality .
Coke zero and Dr Pepper zero are both allowed , and I find a few glasses in the evening really cheers me up , and it is also a bit like another 'meal ' as the bubbles seem to fill me up !!

I hope she manages to stick it out and gets to where she wants to be weight wise .. i am sure she will succeed when she has such a supportive hubby .. and if she is not on minimins herself it may be worth her getting on here and getting extra support and advise from us lovely lot :D

Hi Everyone,

My wife is doing the Total Solution on Exante and is now on day 15. She's lost just under a stone, which is fantastic, but she's finding it quite tough. It's not the hunger so much as the boredom of no food, not going to lunches with friends, not having food to prepare in an evening.

She's going through a bit of a low patch it seems. Bored and sad. Has anyone else been through this? Any tips on getting through it? Unfortunately the amazing weight loss seems a bit intangible at the moment and isn't enough to keep her smiling.

I notice elsewhere on here that people are treating themselves with the occasional coke zero. Can I recommend that to her as a treat?

Also, we're off on holiday with friends at the end of next week. This is the week that Exante recommend having a meal a day in addition to the three Exante products. I guess for this she should stick to lean meats and green veg/salads?

Thanks - I think she probably just needs to know that others have been through the same :)

Chris

Well done Chris for all your support, but get her to join us. It sounds as if what she is feeling actually mirrors my experience.

Its a huge change and re-adjustment and there is a lag time between finding boredom and gaps and the magic effects of actually feeling the weight loss. When she drops the first size in clothes it will re-awaken her enthusiasm and energy.

Sadness and boredom can be relieved with some small treats; I started getting my nails done with gel - it lasts three weeks. I drink green tea in Costa too - it makes me feel normal.

Then beware the serious shopping starts. I am trying to solve the national debt - single handed. New clothes that actually fit and you have bought them because you like them not just because it fits makes a huge difference and boosts your resolve.

Coke zero and Dr Pepper zero served in a wine glass with ice are wonderful too.

I cook for my family and it leaves me cold now - but it was not easy at the start and even now not easy every day. I still don't know why some days are just too hard. when the going gets tough - try Minimins - its saved me so many times.

So its not for life, its tough but it works. Good luck.
GSQ

PS - Adding a meal week is great for holidays. Stick to low carbohydrate, protein is filling (chicke, fish, shell fish etc) and add some salad and green vegetables. In my experience it really helps, and by the way, have fun on your holidays.
GSQ

Thanks, all. Much appreciated!

I'm sure she'll be on here in due course. She's not the most forum-savvy of people but she'll get the hang of it in no time.

Tell her to keep her chin up :) This is a temporary thing and soon she will be slim, happy and able to have meals and keep her diet under control alone :) good luck to her x

Hello
I'm the wife in question - and you're right, I'm very lucky to have such a supportive husband.
I am really pleased with the results so far but the fact I'm feeling so low has come as a bit of a shock - I have no intention of giving up though, I can't wait to look good in a pair of jeans.
Thanks for your advice!
GG

Hey, thanks for the welcome.
As Chris mentioned, I'm not used to forums but it's really good to know there are people I can talk to!
GG x:)

Hi GG and Chris - so nice to have such support :D

I get bored too (I am on day 18) and sometimes I just miss the taste/texture of food rather than needing to eat. It can be a bit depressing drinking yet another shake or soup but I just look at websites with fab clothes and think soon I will be buying those!

Also this site really really really (cannot stress this enough!!) helps! Because you know everyone else feels just like you do and they are facing the same highs and lows. It is just so nice to talk to other people in the same situation and have a good moan if you need to lol

Congrats for getting to day 15 and good luck for the rest of the way :D

G.G said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome.
As Chris mentioned, I'm not used to forums but it's really good to know there are people I can talk to!
GG x:)

Welcome. Everyone here understands and is keen to help. It's tough but we all share the ups and downs. I think its been really important to me and helped me keep going.
GSQ

I'm feeling better already! :)
Good luck and all the best to you guys, you all sound like you're doing amazingly well - it's really encouraging xx

Hi GG, my first time on a forum too, and its not been too scary!! Good luck and Ive been trying the old tale about water whenver Im missing food, and much as I never thought Id say it...it actually does fill you up!! Been really lucky that I loved shakes in the real food world, so right up my street with shakes all the time. I make them mega thick and convinced myself they taste like Costas or the golden arches!! I know sad but true!!
Good luck GG, Ive got my own Chris at home whos making it much easier too!
Have good rest of week!

Hey GG welcome :D glad you've got such a nice man to support you :)
Well done on your great loss so far :)
Like everyone says stick to protein and greens when you are having a meal :)
Wishing you loads of luck :)

Hi chris and gg and well done on your loss so far your doing fab and yes these boards really do take some boredom away and it's nice to have advice etc on hand good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Back