Down with Spanx!

WI tomorrow and I'm dreading it a little! Really want to lose at least 1lb, so that I meet my target in Moomintrolljen's 'summer sex kittens' thread, but fear that I just haven't eaten enough fruit and veg this week and I am sitting here feeling rather bloated.

Also, I am off for a long weekend tomorrow and I know that will involve a couple of meals out and a BBQ, so I wanted a decent loss this week to make up for next!!

Really strange thing - but since I started SW again my hair has completely changed! It's usually a wavy/curly mop with lots of body. I went to the hairdresser today and told her it hadn't been its usual self and that maybe we had cut the layers too short last time, as it has been rather straight and flat of late. So we decided to leave the layers in a bit longer, but as she was cutting (I've had the same hairdresser for about 10 years) she said that my hair felt really different!! I've now decided it's because I'm not eating bread and therefore not eating crusts and therefore my hair's not curly!!! :D

Friday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB) (not v hungry!)

Lunch: Baked potato, 2 triangles laughing cow light (HEA), beans

Dinner: Noodles, stir-fry veg and pork (HEB) with soy sauce

Snack: Strawberries

LOL, I was always told to eat all my crusts or I wouldnt get curly hair. My hair is poker straight and I have ALWAYS eaten my crusts. Even when I have had a perm they have been a tragic disastrophe of terrible proportions, and the curl drops out within about a week!

Have a lovely weekend away and GL for WI!

Wahey! I did it - lost a pound this week - met my summer sex kitten target and got my Club 10! Very pleased as you can probably tell!

Off to the New Forest for the weekend and amazingly, the forecast now says sunny all weekend! Must be my lucky day!

Spanx i love ur blog :D. Tbh i usually just read the 1st post and last post get the gist and then see where its up 2 kinda thing....but over the last 3 days ive read about 90% of yours! so funny and honest loved it loved it loved it!!! xxx

Thanks Jigglymum! It's great to know that others can relate to my wittering! :D

Well, I'm back from my break in the New Forest. Had a lovely time, but completely off plan for the whole 4 days! I've just done a rough estimate of the syn comsumption since Saturday and it's looking like 120 or so!!!! :eek:

Somehow I don't think the few miles of walking I did is going to be enough to cancel out all those syns! So, I'm just going to write it off and try and have the best week possible from now until WI...:eek:

Do you know what though? It could have been a lot worse! I didn't go overboard on the alcohol, 1 pint and 1 glass of wine. I only had an ice cream on one day and I only had a few crisps with my picnic lunch, instead of the whole packet (much as I might have wanted them!!!) Sadly, most of the syns came from bread and chips - so I really fell off the wagon big time there!

I did notice a difference though in terms of fitness. Climbing hills and running around with the kids playing football was definitely easier! Got to take the pluses where you can get them!

The other thing I found this evening is that it's so easy to be tempted to stay off the wagon - the thought that I've already ruined this week, so I might as well carry on and start again next week has crossed my mind a few times! Why is it that it's so easy to sabotage yourself?

Right, I'll be back tomorrow with my back on track eating plan!

sounds like you had a great time in the new forest.fantastic reaching your summer challenge and club 10 woo hoo.xx

Thanks Surreygal! Back to the grindstone though now, son was back at school this morning and I'm at work...:(

Well, I managed to get back on track yesterday, although the works canteen tried to sabotage me by running out of Jacket Potatoes!! Fortunately I batted my eyelashes at the chef and he bunged one in the microwave for me!

So, yesterday looked like this:

Wednesday: Green day

Brekkie: 1 Alpen light (half HEB) (think I must be single-handedly keeping them in business!)

Lunch: 1 baked potato, cheese (2xHEA), 1 tbsp coleslaw made with reduced fat mayo - 4 syns

Snack: 1 apple, 1 nectarine

Dinner: Savoury rice, Quorn and veggie curry

Snack: 1 alpen light (other half HEB)

Total syns for day: 4
Total syns for week: 124!!! :eek:

hey Spanx just dropping in to show you some love!!! sounds like you were pretty good on your break - i mean 120 syns sounds a lot - but really its not that bad (i could go over that in one day EASY!!!)

Good luck for your next weigh in x

Thanks Elle! Hope all is well with you and you're still powering your way to that fabulous wedding dress!

I've had a couple of people notice that I've lost weight this week, which has been great motivation to recover from my syn-ful weekend and get back on track! It's a funny thing though, when someone mentions your weight loss, I don't know whether to be embarrassed or pleased!!!

Another green day today, although having seen the 7 day recipe plan in the new SW mag, I'm tempted to swap to EE for a while - that plan looked fab-u-lous!! Some lovely recipes overall in the mag this month, as well as a free comfort foods recipe book, so if you haven't got the mag yet it's well worth it!

Thursday: Green day

Brekkie: Activia peach ff yoghurt, apple, alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)

Snack: Alpen light (half HEB)

Dinner: Grilled pork steak (HEB), baked potato (I know, I know, 2 in one day, tut tut! But I was starving and it was quick!), large salad

Snack: Mullerlight orange and choc yoghurt, apple

Total syns: 0
Total syns so far this week: 124!

Finally got round to trying Ainsley Harriott's spice sensation couscous tonight - WOW! It's yum and well worth 1.5 syns! Can't believe I've had it in the cupboard for so long and not tried it - and even better, it's ready in 5 mins!

WI tomorrow and after the New Forest blowout, I'm hoping to have STS! :eek:

Friday: Green day

Brekkie: Apple, activia ff yoghurt, 1 alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, baked beans, cheese (HEA)

Snack: Alpen light (other half HEB)

Dinner: Pork (HEB), AH couscous (1.5 syns), large salad

Total syns: 1.5
Total syns for week: 125.5! :eek:

Thanks all!

Bev, love the new pic - red suits you!!! :rotflmao:

Well, I've got something of a reputation as an 'impulse buyer', so true to form, after a discussion in the office this week, I ordered a vibration plate off amazon! It arrived this morning and even I, the most diy-allergic being on the planet, managed to put it together relatively easily!

I have had a quick go (it recommends no more than 10 mins at a time for the first week or so) and did a pretty good impression of a jelly for 10 mins! This afternoon I went out shopping - walked a couple of miles (in my fitflops of course!) and now I can really feel my legs aching - so something's working!

Decided to take my measurements again today (I think it's about 2 months since I did them last) so I can see if the machine has any effect - will update on a monthly basis! Today's measurements were:
Bust 48"
Waist 44"
Hips 49"
so I think I've already lost about 3 inches off each in the last 2 months! (Will have a look back through the thread in a bit and see if I can find what they were when I last measured!)

Aha! Found it - from the 4th July, so exactly 2 months ago!

Bust (fullest part) 52.5" - now 48!
Bust (underneath) 42"
Waist 47" - now 44!
Hips 52" - now 49!

Will need to do under bust again, and might also do thighs, to see if the machine has any impact...

I'm with you on the boobs thing. I'm an H. Irritates the crap out me when girls are like 'WAH. My boobs are too big!' and they're only DD!

Tis rather fetching isn't it ;) :8855::8855:

Rigby and Peller ya know :p lol

I wouldn't have expected anything else! After all, you are one classy orangutan! :D:D:D

I'm with you on the boobs thing. I'm an H. Irritates the crap out me when girls are like 'WAH. My boobs are too big!' and they're only DD!

Hi Nay - I'd be ecstatic to get down to a DD! I've gone down one back size and one cup size so far, but still a 38H!!! Big boobs roolz ok! :D

I see you are in the West Mids - me too! So perhaps it should be Big Brummie Boobs roolz ok!!!!

Oooh, my legs are aching now - let's hope they haven't 'set' by the morning!

My aim this week is to try some EE days and to try and make sure I have my HEXs and at least 10 syns a day...let's see what that brings!

Food diary for today: Saturday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB) activia ff raspberry yoghurt (new flavour? haven't seen it before, but it was yummy!)

Lunch: Pasta, Red pesto (2.5 syns), tomatoes, cheese (HEA), apple

Dinner: M&S ginger, lime and coriander chicken (allowing 3 syns, as it had a little oil in the marinade, everything else was free), jasmine rice, lots of stir-fry veggies

Snack: Strawberries, activia ff vanilla yoghurt, 1 kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 11

Back