Down with Spanx!

ha ha Spanx as I offered on somewhere else do you want me take him with me on Monday? I will open an areoplane door and chuck him out somewhere above the France maybe? ( oh no poor France out of the World Cup anyway, do they deserve to get Marvin as well?)
good luck

ha ha Spanx as I offered on somewhere else do you want me take him with me on Monday? I will open an areoplane door and chuck him out somewhere above the France maybe? ( oh no poor France out of the World Cup anyway, do they deserve to get Marvin as well?)
good luck

Thanks Kasia - keep some room in your case for Marvin - I'll send him special delivery! Throw him out the further away from England you are - it'll take him longer to get back!

Hope you have a lovely holiday! x

Unfortunately I am going only to Poland so not that far, but I know someone who is going to China next week, shall I give him a call?

Spanx well done for NOT eating white bread and battered prawns etc, you would feel much worse if you would eat all of it, it looks like there is a lot of strength still with you, just cut some syns for teh next few days and you should be fine!
Thanks I am really looking forward to my holiday and hopefully it will be sunny!!!

Thanks Kasia - I did feel pretty good about not going completely over the top - until I added up the syns in what I had eaten! No choice though, as we only had half an hour for lunch and the nearest shop was 4 miles away *sigh*. Still, at least I'll know for next time to take something healthy with me...

China sounds good - or perhaps just chuck him out over the sea - with any luck he won't be able to swim!!!

Buffet lunches are the devil's own sandpit. It's a shame when your using syns on food your not enjoying, but hopefully not too much damage done. Good luck with your wi.

Q

Pinkies crossed for a good result tomorrow Spanx :cross:

I agree with queenie.... buffets are a bleepin nightmare :eek: -I am a serious pastry addict (well -pre-SW that is) -wrap anything savoury in pastry and I would be happy :eek:
Hopefully they won't throw another buffet at you for a while....You did really well not to dive in head first ;):pand to pick and choose what you thought was least "evil" :D

Thanks Queenie and Capricorn! I too am a serious pastry addict, can't look a pie (or a crumble, mmmmm!) in the face without wanting to demolish it!

WI this morning - 3.5lb gone! Am very, very pleased! Woohoo!

I'm going to celebrate by cooking the SW KFC and my first ever SW chips for tea!

Tricky week next week, with a day trip to Wimbledon and a long weekend away (at a beer festival no less)! Hopefully that loss will give me the determination to fight temptation!

Woot woot, 3 1/2 lb gone is brilliant.

Q

Hands up who loves lingerie? *raises hand*

I think my obsession with lovely undies dates back to my teens. I've always had large boobs - about a 36FF by the time I was 16. Back then, you couldn't get lovely bras in that size and there were only one or two larger department stores that sold bras in that size at all. It was very depressing, especially when friends with smaller assets were wearing skimpy lacy bras from fashionable shops!

So when I hit my 20s and started earning, I indulged in all the lovely lingerie that companies were starting to produce for women with larger assets. I've probably got £000s of pounds worth of beautiful bras, camis, french knickers, even a lacy thong or two upstairs. I think the most I ever spent was about £120 on a Rigby and Peller bra and knicker set for my honeymoon.

And where is all that lingerie now? In a bin bag at the bottom of my wardrobe, because I can't get into any of it... I'm wearing boring plain cotton bras and control pants every single day and HATING IT!

So, that's my plan for today. I'm going to sort my lingerie into sizes (it kind of charts my weight increase...almost every size from 36FF up to 40HH and 16 up to 22) and then I'm going to hang the nicest set I've got in the next size down on the back of my bedroom door to look at every morning and night until I can get back into it!

Morning Spanx...
Well done on the loss Spanx :happy036:-hope the SW KFC was good mmmmmmmm -not tried that yet...

How spooky -I have just been looking on line at bras.... I love the pretty sets -but they can wait until I know they will look nice again before I invest ;) -I have just been looking at evans as they have a sale and have some nice bits n bobbins... if only my debit card would stop playing up (it causes hassels having a BFPO address :mad:)
Im More back than boobs :8855:-I have a back like a russian shot putter -although on just measuring it again my band size has gone down a total of 12" since I started SW 8 weeks ago:eek: :D-still got a broad back though (well it might be more "well upholstered" than actual bone) :eek:
I can't wait to run wild in a lovely lingerie shop -hubby won't know what has hit him ;) -sure he will cope :8855:

Having a lovely set hanging up for you to see should really spur you on... keep up the great work :D

hello Spanx
Well done on your loss!!!! Good for you and keep up with the good work!!!
I love lingerie but for now I have to stick to underwear ( maybe not very oldfashion type but still very large in size!!) I cannot wait when I wil be able to buy something really cute and small!!
good luck with the diet I am off on my hols tomorrow morning so wish me a lot of sunny days and I hope I won't go mad with food and booze oh

see you in 3 weeks!!!

Thanks Capricorn - the SW KFC was a mild success. I liked it, but I'm not sure it was worth the extra hassle over just seasoning a chicken breast with cajun spices or similar and baking!

The SW chips on the other hand, now they were fab! Not as faffy as I'd expected and much better than normal oven chips, especially as I didn't have to weigh them! My son wolfed them down too, which is always a bonus!

I've bought from brastop.com before - they do nice undies in larger sizes, but I have found that some of the less familiar brands don't offer the support that the more expensive ones do. I'm determined not to buy any more clothes or undies though, I've got so much stuff I can't get into that when I can it will feel like having a whole new wardrobe!

So I have been fulfilling my shopping craving with buying some new (and very reasonably priced) jewellery from e-bay!

Thanks Kasia, I was really pleased with that loss, especially as I've got a tough couple of weeks coming up with days out and weekends away!

Have a fabulous holiday and enjoy seeing your family - let's hope they enjoy seeing less of you!!! Don't forget to chuck Marvin out of the plane at some point for me - without a lifejacket please!

Evening all!

I'm having a mixed week this week. I think that because I've got a long weekend away, I'm already writing the week off! Naughty Spanx!

Still, I appear to have redefined my idea of being naughty - today it's because I haven't eaten enough fruit and veg and because I had planned to have a green day and then found myself eating 2 sainsbury's cumberland sausages that were left over from monday. I decided to change to an EE day, then realised I hadn't had any superfree foods, but, to be honest, I wasn't that hungry, so I only managed an apple!

Three weeks ago, a naughty day would have meant eating a whole family sized bar of cadbury's dairy milk and half a packet of chocolate hobnobs!!!!

I recently bought a pedometer off ebay, which arrived this morning. I clipped it on my waistband and off I went...Checked it tonight and I've only done 1,500 steps! I wish I could say that today was an exceptionally lazy day, but, unfortunately I probably have 3 or 4 days a week that are similar to today. So, I am going to wear it for a week and then take an average and aim to increase that average by 10% each week... I honestly don't think there's any chance of me getting near the 10,000 steps a day mark though!

I totally agree Spanx, my naughty days are changing too - i would have had a super binge right back this time last year, but now, i sort of get past the binge mode and feel guilty before anything goes past my lips!!!

Good for you - hope you have a super loss this week xxx

Evening all!

Well, I've had a great week in one respect and a rubbish week in another! Went away for a lovely long weekend, did loads of walking and didn't overdo it on the food front (although I did on the beer front!) and came home to find I'd put on 3lbs in 4 days!! AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!

So I really need to get those 3lbs off before Saturday WI and I will be trying to have a really good week from now on.

I have bought myself some fitflops today, as a treat and to keep my exercise motivation up. They seem pretty comfy so far, but I haven't dared go out for a walk in them just yet, in case they cause blisters while I'm a mile away from home. My neighbours must have thought I was mad tonight, when they saw me walking round and round the house breaking my new shoes in!!!

I hate buffets! They are the work of the devil! And, to make matters worse, I've had one today and got another one tomorrow!

Things I didn't eat on the buffet today - bread, sausage rolls, pork pie. Doesn't sound too bad, does it? Wait for it - things I did eat - chicken leg (minus skin), salad - woohoo, doing a great job I hear you shout! But, it's not over yet... things I also ate: onion bhaji, chips, vegetable samosa. Oooops - not looking so good now is it?!!!

Must plan more carefully for tomorrow - I was starving today, as I'd already missed breakfast, so I need to make sure I take fruit and an alpen light and have at least a yoghurt for brekkie (I hate brekkie - can't eat first thing).

Get back, buffet demon, I will defeat you!

i dont think i would have passed up the samosa or bhajis either. good luck today.. im sure with some planning you can get alternatives to fill up on. Can you not pretend the buffet is prepared by someone you consider really gross with dirty nails and all sorts lol xxx

:)Hiya spanx,

The belly is still wobbling with all the laughter, you are truly one funny lady:8855:.

I dip in and out of the princess thread and exchange humorous posts with you all. But you never really know who is at the end of the other computers! Reading your diary has given an insight into who you are.:)

Its so god dam liberating when you take control of 'yourself' I feel better just having that control, lord knows what it will feel like when you hit the finishing line and know it was all down to (you, me, us):)
I have been slowly slipping up the scales for years, because it was so slow you get used to your size, the only time the bells have rung is when I have actually jumped up a dress size.:eek: But even then it must not have been enough to make me stop and think!:eek:

My turning point was last year, we had taken OH's mother to Florida with our family. (OH's dad passed away earlier in the year:() it was the first time we had taken anyone else on holiday with us. I didn't give it a second thought, until!:eek: we came home and she had shown all and sundry her holiday pics! (Yes you are already in front of me!) there was me at the water parks in a COSTUME!:eek: letting it all hang out. I was soooo upset I cried when I found out she had been picture happy. My sister-in-law made a point of telling me (she is a size 8) that it had been lovely to see all the pictures!

I lost two stone eating sensibly but then the weight stopped dropping off, so I joined slimming World. It is such an easy plan to follow and gives results when! we stick to it. For the most part I do, but we still have to have a life outside our own kitchen.

So... I wish you all the success you deserve and I know you will enjoy moving down the sizes of that slinky under ware.:)

p.s My motivation is one of those pictures, (I stole it) And when i reach my goal I will be getting OH to take at least 200 pictures of me in the most risky bikini I can find!:eek: and you know where those pictures will be going don't you... yup, to my mother in-laws house!:8855:

Last edited:
What kind of pedometer did you gey Spanx? Im looking to buy one but the last one I got was pants and said I had walked 50 steps when i only walked to the back door!!!

Back