Down with Spanx!

Thanks Karen - looks great. It just so happens I have some cold chicken in the fridge which needs using up and most of those spices on the shelf - so it looks like I could be cooking Dopiaza tonight! :D

Karen - thank you - dopiaza was absolutely scrummy! The sauce was so rich and spicy it's almost impossible to believe it was syn-free. Added some mushrooms and green beans that needed eating, along with 2 cold chicken breasts I'd got in the fridge and it's made 3-4 portions. So something to put in the freezer for the nights I can't be bothered to cook! Will definitely be making it again.

Another good day for me today:

Brekkie - 1 banana (not hungry!)

Lunch - Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn), apple

Snack - Alpen light (half HEB)

Tea - Karen's scrummy dopiaza with chicken (HEB), mushrooms, onions and green beans, boiled rice

Naughty night-time nibble - 10 mikados (5 syns)

Oops - just noticed I forgot to have a HEA...!

That Dopiaza does sound goooood, have to give that one a go x
I made the yummy 5 bean beef chilli last night that in the Extra easy book...that really was numnumnum Even Hubby said so and he thinks that Low fat food is bland !! lol x
Hope you're having a good day Spanx. I'm off for lunch at the Harvester with a friend xxx

Hi Caroline - hope you had a good time at the Harvester! What did you have? I normally go for the chicken and bacon stack, with the BBQ sauce on the side (dipped into sparingly) and a baked pot with no butter or sour cream instead of the chips. Treat myself to a spoon of coleslaw from the salad bar to go on the spud and have a big bowl of all the salad with no dressing! Yum!

Will have to try the bean chilli - I'd got out of the habit of cooking anything with beans in it as my ex couldn't stand any type of bean - so there's another good result of him going to add to the list!

Dreading my WI tomorrow - feel really bloated despite having a reasonably good week. Think the heat's to blame - my fingers and ankles are a bit swollen - must be retaining water. Will try and drink a load of water tonight (and probably end up running to the loo all night - think I could count that as body magic?!)

Hi Spanx, I wasn't very adventurous at the Harvester, I had the simply chicken with jacket (no butter) and peas with loads of salad. I even managed to steer clear of the lovely rolls that are there to tempt you, would've polished off at least 2 or 3 before sw.
It's definately been a bit too hot for exercise though which is quite frustrating as I really miss it...never thought i'd hear myself say that!

Fingers crossed for you for good results at wi tomorrow, note to self...really must start drinking more water.
Take care xx

Thanks Caroline! Well, the water and the strawberries worked - 2lbs off this morning! WOOHOO! That sends me over the 1 st lost mark and down into the 15s, so I'm really chuffed!

Well done on avoiding the bread rolls - so deadly how they leave them out by the salad bar!

Well done Spanx you are a joy to read. x

Well done on the loss. I'm sure that running to the loo must help (though possibly not as much as the water and superfree foods).

Q

Evening Miss Spanx,

I see you are running a clean ship, which is more than can be said for the princess house.:rotflmao:

I think a name change is in order Miss Minxspanx... has a nice ring to it, dont ya fink?:rotflmao:

Oh look... its the saucy one herself. Miss dudette you are a man eater!:rotflmao:

Hey... the shy ones are the worst!:rotflmao:

Its nice to come on here and have a lark about tho, even if in the real world you would run a mile. ;)

Spanxie... we have hijacked your diary... ner ner ner!:p

Well done with the 2lb loss Spanx. That takes you over your first stone loss and also into the 15's. It's certainly a super feeling to reach milestones, makes all the hard work worth it.
xx

Thanks groovygroovy and Caroline - I felt really good about the loss yesterday, but unfortunately, completely blew it today!

Some friends had a BBQ and by the time we ate I was Hank Marvin! Tried to be reasonably good, but there was no brown bread to HEX, and no salad or fruit to fill up on, so I ended up eating 2 burgers and a hot dog! As if that wasn't bad enough, someone had bought a huge malteser and caramel cheesecake and I allowed myself to be persuaded to have a piece of that too! Nightmare! Have guestimated a total of 60 syns, so will have to be really good for the next week! That could be difficult, as I have two days away from home in a hotel, so I will have to take a box of alpen lights and some fruit with me!

There was a pool at the BBQ this afternoon and I watched enviously as they all got their kit off (no, Patsy and Sian, not all their kit!) and jumped in. I vowed there and then that next summer, that will be me!

Patsy and Sian - I love you guys! You can hi-jack my diary anytime, as long as you promise to be rude!!! I think Miss MinxSpanx sounds like a lap dancer - maybe once I've got the weight off I will find a new vocation!!! :eek:

Thanks groovygroovy and Caroline - I felt really good about the loss yesterday, but unfortunately, completely blew it today!

Some friends had a BBQ and by the time we ate I was Hank Marvin! Tried to be reasonably good, but there was no brown bread to HEX, and no salad or fruit to fill up on, so I ended up eating 2 burgers and a hot dog! As if that wasn't bad enough, someone had bought a huge malteser and caramel cheesecake and I allowed myself to be persuaded to have a piece of that too! Nightmare! Have guestimated a total of 60 syns, so will have to be really good for the next week! That could be difficult, as I have two days away from home in a hotel, so I will have to take a box of alpen lights and some fruit with me!

There was a pool at the BBQ this afternoon and I watched enviously as they all got their kit off (no, Patsy and Sian, not all their kit!) and jumped in. I vowed there and then that next summer, that will be me!

Patsy and Sian - I love you guys! You can hi-jack my diary anytime, as long as you promise to be rude!!! I think Miss MinxSpanx sounds like a lap dancer - maybe once I've got the weight off I will find a new vocation!!! :eek:

Eww...:eek: 'kit off' at a BBQ, just think of all those greasy fingers and lips swishing about in the pool after troughing on the BBQ.:eek: Spanx's darling you were saved from a fate worse than death, the germ levels would have been higher than a lap dancers thigh!:8855:

Next year you could go in the pool at a push if you really need to, just get one of the nice boys to lather you in sanitary gel when your done!;)

p.s... thats with costume on!!! I ain't doing no dirty stuff tonight, I is in a good clean wholesome mood!:8855:

p.s... thats with costume on!!! I ain't doing no dirty stuff tonight, I is in a good clean wholesome mood!:8855:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!! :8855: Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor! :p

When are you ever in a good clean wholesome mood?!?!?! ;)

hee hee

Sian xxx

Back