Down with Spanx!

I live on those pre-prepared fruit packs Dream, so far, since Sunday I've got through 2 packs of pineapple, a pack of plums and a punnet of strawberries! They are yum - and really good when you need a quick sweet fix!

I'm feeling really positive today - a friend a work asked me if I'd lost weight this afternoon, which is always nice!

I ordered a bicycle last week from Amazon and tonight I got my wobbly butt on the saddle and wobbled off around the block with my son! We ended up in the woods and did some biking on the trails - I was cream-crackered after about 15 mins, but it felt really good! Son enjoyed it too and it was fantastic to be out doing something healthy together! Although his hysterical laughter when he saw me in my cycle helmet and then when he was cycling behind me and shouted out that I'd got 'builder's bum' wasn't quite so much fun!!!!! :D

We even managed 20 mins on Just Dance when we got home, so I'm feeling very angelic!

Today's food started as a possible EE day, but ended up half-EE and half-Green - could be either really!

Wednesday: EE/Green day

Brekkie:
Mullerlight, apple, alpen light bar (Half HEB)

Snack (throughout day!):
Pineapple

Lunch:
Baked potato
Baked beans
Cheese (HEA)

Dinner:
Rice
Quorn and veggie curry
Apple

Snack:
Alpen light (half HEB)
Kitkat orange (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 5.5

Total syns so far this week: 38.5

Thursday: EE day

Brekkie:
1 Alpen light (half HEB)
1 apple
Strawberries

Lunch:
1 baked potato
Baked beans
Cheese (HEA + 3 syns)
Strawberries

Snack:
Alpen light(other half HEB)
More strawberries!

Dinner (too late/knackered to cook!):
Salmon
McCain's rustic chips (3 syns)
Salad
Apple

Snack:
1 Activia ff strawberry yoghurt

Total syns: 6

Total syns for week so far: 44.5

Another good day - although no bike ride as it's been pouring down here since about 5pm. I should have known the weather would take a turn for the worse as soon as I invested in a bicycle!!

Well done on getting out on the bike. You're braver than me :D

Take care lovely x

Hi Elle and JJ - lovely to see you both! Hope all is going well for you!

Well, I don't know how I'm going to fill my diet show addiction now, as the two series of Biggest Loser USA on sky real lives have finished and I've run out of 'you are what you eat' on V+...:mad: There's still BL on sky on monday nights, but that's only once a week - how am I going to cope?! :D

Also, I have a bit of a confession. I've swapped allegiance from Bob to Jillian! :eek:
I know, I know, how dare I? But Bob was a bit two-faced on the series I've just watched and was also dissing the other team - and me no likey that!!! To top it all, the two series were running in parallel and they showed who had won one of them on the other one before it had finished :mad::mad::mad: I was not impressed (even though it was the person I wanted to win!)

So, if anyone knows of any obscure dieting shows on at the moment, let me know - I've got a hole in my trash-TV schedule to fill!

Well, another pretty good day today, so I'm hopeful of a decent result tomorrow... I've really tried to cut down on the carbs this week - haven't managed it totally, but let's see if it delivers a result tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Today: EE day

Brekkie: 1 activia ff cherry yoghurt, 1 alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: 1 uncle ben's chicken and mushroom risotto (4.5 syns)
1 apple, strawberries

Dinner: Chicken noodle stir fry with loads of veg
Vanilla mullerlight and strawberries

Snack:
1 alpen light (Half HEB)
1 clementine

Total syns: 4.5

Total syns for week: 49:)

Good luck for weigh in. I've got everything crossed for you:D

Thanks JJ!

So, big WI this morning. The nation needs to know: Has that takeaway finally been taken away? Has a week of no nanas sent me round the bend? Should Wii fit be renamed Wii fat?

And the answer? 3lbs off WOOHOO!!

Very pleased and I will certainly be carrying the 'no nanas and fewer carbs' rule on this week to see what happens!

aww spanx that is BRILLIANT! i eat lots of nanas and carbs...hmmm... might copy-cat ya. Well done, Chick xxx

Thanks Karen, Bev and Kasia - it felt really good, I can tell you!

So, forgot to post my food diary for yesterday...

Saturday: EE day

Brekkie: None (oops - but had a lovely lie-in!)

Lunch:
Baked potato, baked beans, cheese (HEA) and a bit of rocket
Apple, strawberries

Snack:
Alpen light (half HEB)

Dinner:
Pasta, chicken, pesto (4 syns), tomatoes, mushrooms
Strawberries, mullerlight vanilla yoghurt

Snack:
Alpen light (other half HEB)

Total syns for day: 4
Total syns for week: 4

NSV: I went to the footy this afternoon with friends. Normally a friend brings cheese rolls and I bring chocolate to share. Today, I'd already asked my friend not to make me a roll and I took choccy for everyone else, but I had an Alpen light! Can you see my halo shining from there?! :D

I am soooo unfit! Went out for a bike ride with my son this afternoon, after only half an hour I was completely cream-crackered! I did manage to get further up a big hill before I had to stop than he did though, but that's a bit of a hollow victory considering he's only 9!!! :D

Today's food diary:

Sunday: EE day

Brekkie: Pineapple and activia ff yoghurt with 1 Alpen light (Half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, baked beans, cheese (HEA), plums

Dinner: Baked ham, new potatos, curried rice (5 syns), cabbage, leeks, green beans. More plums!

Snack: Alpen light (other half HEB), Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 10.5
Total syns for week so far: 14.5

Hmmm, trying to use more syns and HEXs this week - but failing miserably. It seems my fridge is either full of rubbish, or full of free food! Kitkats to the rescue again!

Monday: EE day

Brekkie: 1 alpen light bar (half HEB), 3 small plums

Lunch: Baked ham, baked potato, large salad

Snack: More plums (was given a huge bagful yesterday by next-door neighbour!), fresh pineapple

Dinner: Quorn and veggie curry, boiled rice, strawberries, activia ff vanilla yoghurt (much nicer than mullerlight!)

Snack: Alpen light bar (half HEB), Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Hmmmm, there seems to be a HEA missing... it's hard sometimes when you can't stand milk and yoghurts are free!!!

Total syns for day: 5.5
Total syns for week so far: 20

Well done chuck... the shake up has really worked for you.

Good wishes and vibes for this week xxx

Well done with the 3 pounds loss xxx
Nanas and low carb? I ate 4 nanas yesterday (coz they look like they are turning black soon) hope that will aid my weightloss

Thanks Patsy, Surreygal and Dream! :thankyou:

Um dream, I've been trying to cut down on nanas, as lots of people think they can slow weightloss! Hope your four yesterday don't do that to you this week!

Well, my low carb week has officially bitten the dust! Still no nanas, but I'm back on the green days, despite my best intentions! Largely because I'm going away at the weekend and so I'm not going shopping - so I've got very little in that's fresh!

Yesterday, I did attempt to have a healthy lunch, so bought a pre-packed salad in the canteen and a baked potato. Opened the salad and tipped it out onto the plate with the potato on - mmmmm, looked yummy! I was about to take my first mouthful when I spotted not one, not two, but three bugs in my lettuce!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

So that was the end of that and it was back to baked potato and baked beans!

Also, forgive me slimming world, for I have synned! Had the day off work today and had planned to go for a bike ride. It has poured down all day, so ended up doing 30 mins stepping on the wii and the housework. By the time it got to dinner time, I was bored and hungry, so DS and I ended up going to nandos for a treat. I honestly did try to order spicy rice, but the word 'chips' just came out of my mouth at the crucial time! :eek: Still, could have been worse, as DS had garlic bread and I didn't even have a taste...:angel09: I also had the 'macho peas' - which are ordinary peas, cooked with mint and chillis - yum! Am going to try that at home, made the peas much more interesting!

So, two days food to catch up on...

Tuesday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), activia ff yoghurt

Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA) and beans, 1 apple

Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns),cheese (HEA), 1 nectarine

Snack: 1 Alpen light (other half HEB), 1 kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 8
Total syns for week so far: 28

Wednesday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light(half HEB) (not hungry!)

Lunch: Baked potato, two thirds of a can of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli, 1 nectarine

Dinner: Nandos chicken breast (no skin) (HEB), chips, macho peas - going to allow 15 syns for the chips and peas (they have a bit of butter/oil on them, but I tried to avoid eating too much of it!)

Snack (for later!): 1 apple, 1 nectarine

Total syns for day: 15
Total syns so far this week: 43

Have a good evening everyone! x

Last edited:
Oooo, shame you weren't on a Red day! All those bugs in your salad could have counted towards your free food! ;) xxx

Now why didn't I think of that!

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Another yucky day - why did I have to take a few days off work during the worst week of the summer holidays?!

I spent some time updating my iphone this morning and found a couple of free apps that look interesting - one is 'mi coach' a personal-trainer type app by adidas and one was a free calorie counter. Amazing what you can get on your phone these days isn't it!

So, today was another green day due to eating what's in the cupboard rather than going shopping!

Thursday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB) and activia ff yoghurt

Lunch: Ainsley Harriott wild mushroom risotto - not sure of syns as SW gives syns for pack made up as directed, but I didn't use butter, so I'm going to count 6 syns
Sprinkle of parmesan (half HEA)

1 Apple

Dinner:
Quorn and veggie curry
Baked potato

Snack:
1 pack of Velvet Crunch (4 syns)
1 nectarine
1 Alpen light (other half HEB)

Total syns for day: 10
Total syns so far this week: 53

Back