Down with Spanx!

Your not alone, I've been up and down for over a week.

I have a really good day and end it feeling chuffed, then the next day I just go to pot... scales are up and down like a brides nightie.

I do EE all the time... Thats why I only drop a lb a week... but if I can still have all my fav stuff and drop a pound I'm happy with that.

I did fish week and was on the scales everyday, but as fast as they were going down I was having treats... whats all that about?
Ended up loosing a lb:8855:

Hope you had a lovely time enjoying a bit of freedom hun x

Grrr - only 1lb this week - that makes 1.5lbs in 2 weeks - NOT GOOD!

My motivation has been fine, but having looked at what I've been eating then a number of things jump out:

1 Not eating enough during the day, but lots in the evenings.

2 Not eating enough fruit and veg

3 Not enough variety - eg I have baked potato and beans for lunch every day at work, because at least I know what's in them! And I usually use my HEX Bs (I do green days mostly) on 2 alpen lights and either chicken or lean mince. Also, in the last two weeks, I have bulk cooked a couple of dishes, frozen them and then had either one or the other most nights for dinner.

4 Not drinking enough water

So, this week I am going to:

• aim for more variety
  • drink more water
  • eat more fruit and veg
  • try and eat more in the mornings!
  • keep a food diary
I am also going to carry on with my exercising - at least 30 mins a day. So, wish me luck for the week, will be back to update with a food diary!

hey spanx, I can relate to everything you've just said. I also lost a pound this week because of the same reasons and I'm going to do the same as you. I get into a routine and eat things I know I can have and just keep having them. So definitely need to mix it up this week. Good luck with it :)

Today's food diary - Green:

Breakfast:
Apple
Melon

Lunch (needed to go shopping!):
Alpen light - Half HEB
Fruit salad (Apple, melon, grapes, orange, strawberries)
Nectarine

Dinner:
Quorn bolognaise
2 old el paso taco shells (son was cooking tea and wanted 'spaghetti tacos!! no idea of the syns in 2 taco shells, but can't be more than 5 each?)
Salad - rocket, tomato, spring onion
Low low - HEA

Evening snack:
Chocolate and orange 2 finger Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: Not sure, but max 15?!

Thought you might like the syn value of the taco shells Spanx :D

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Old El Paso Original Taco Shells, 12 pack 13g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Not as bad as you thought eh? I will be buying some now :D

Thanks Bev! They were worth it for two reasons:

1 They tasted good - and it felt like having a naughty Saturday night treat!

2 It meant son would cook and eat something healthy to go inside them!!! :D

My motivation has been fine, but having looked at what I've been eating then a number of things jump out:

1 Not eating enough during the day, but lots in the evenings.

2 Not eating enough fruit and veg

3 Not enough variety - eg I have baked potato and beans for lunch every day at work, because at least I know what's in them! And I usually use my HEX Bs (I do green days mostly) on 2 alpen lights and either chicken or lean mince. Also, in the last two weeks, I have bulk cooked a couple of dishes, frozen them and then had either one or the other most nights for dinner.

4 Not drinking enough water

So, this week I am going to:

• aim for more variety
  • drink more water
  • eat more fruit and veg
  • try and eat more in the mornings!
  • keep a food diary
I am also going to carry on with my exercising - at least 30 mins a day. So, wish me luck for the week, will be back to update with a food diary!

I confess I'm guilty of some of these also :( I can eat the same meal 3 or 4 days together if I've enjoyed it. I do have a bit of an addictive personality :eek: AND I eat too much fruit and not enough veg. I think I need to join you in your aims for the week

Good luck Spanx.

Last edited:
Thanks Judy - I hope you have a good week too!

Well, I've done my second day of 30 mins on the wii fit - :angel09: my halo is glowing!

Still only managed a banana and a yoghurt for brekkie though, but I'm off to the parentals for sunday lunch, so I didn't really want much to get in the way of that!!!

OMG - makes you think doesn't it?

Hi spanx

well done on the loss :happy036:

My mum read that about the takeaway to me the other day -but they have picked some of the worst offenders haven't they :sigh: - I can't remember the last time I had a chinese takeaway -but mainly because the MSG they whack in it makes me sooooo thirsty..

Im planning on making a chinese banquet next Saturday ,,,Might have to make it an EE day so I don't have to "buy" rice with my syns :p-so far Im planning:-
  • special fried rice 1.5 syns
  • sweet n sour prawns 3 syns
  • sezchuan pork 3 syns
  • sticky ribs (5) -these I have in the freezer ;)
so thats 12.5syns -but thats if I have a full portion of each -which I won't
and if I can get hold of some filo I will make some rolls -should keep hubby a happy chap..
Hope you have had a good day with your parents and come away well fed :p
I was guilty of the eating not much early on and lots in an evening... I have managed to stop that now and it seems to work much better -hope it does for you too :clap:. I think the knack to this losing weigh melarky is to keep changing what you do so your system doesn't get used to the same old same old and so you don't become complacent...
Have a good evening hun... and keep up the great work :D

Thanks Capricorn - had a lovely afternoon - and a fab roast dinner - it's always even nicer when you haven't had to cook it yourself!

Your Chinese banquet sounds delish, if you weren't so far away I'd be inviting myself for dinner!

So, today's food diary looked like this:

EE day:

Brekkie:
1 banana
1 Mullerlight, rhubarb flavour (had been looking forward to this, love rhubarb, but it was nasty!)

Lunch:
Roast pork - all fat removed and no crackling!
New potatoes
Cabbage, leek and bacon
Runner beans
Gravy (2 syns)
Fresh pineapple

Dinner:
Quorn spaghetti
French beans

Snacks:
Fresh fruit salad (Apples, melon, orange, strawberries)
1 fibre plus bar (HEB)

With 30 mins on the wii and a litre of water drunk, not a bad day!

Last edited:
As my son would say, I had an 'epic fail' at my challenge today!

Really busy at work (and can never eat first thing in the morning), I only just grabbed time for an alpen light and then by the time I got home I was too cream-crackered to make the ratatouille I'd planned, so settled for pasta and pesto instead!

Didn't do any wii fit either, but did manage to drink a litre of water...

So today looked like this:
Green day:
Brekkie:
1 Alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch:
Jacket potato with baked beans
Brown sauce (1 syn)

Dinner:
Pasta
Red pesto (3 syns)
Low low cheese (HEA)

Snack:
Strawberries

School report: Must try harder!!! :eek:

Hmmm...a mixed day! Good because I avoided temptation and made some healthy choices, bad because I went out for the evening and didn't do any exercise!

Green day:

Brekkie:
1 banana
1 activia ff blueberry yoghurt (yum!)

Snack:
1 Alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch:
1 Baked potato
Baked beans
Cheese (HEA)

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Wagamamas Chilli Chicken Ramen (Noodles, grilled chicken (HEB), veg, chillis in a clear broth) Not sure of the syns - can't find them anywhere, but
allowing 10!

Snack:
Strawberries
3 small plums

So, all in all, not too bad!

Spanx you are doing so well - you just plug away and get on with it. You're not an epic fail at all (my son says that too lol). You work so hard at the plan and 1 evening out wont undo that. xxx

Thanks Karen!

Well, I had a really good day today, drank my litre of water, did 35 mins on the wii fit and ate pretty well, so I'm feeling hopeful for WI on Saturday!

Not managed to get quite as much variety in my diet as I'd hoped, mainly because I'm still sticking to baked potatoes and beans for lunch - I just never seem to get round to preparing a packed lunch!

Green day:

Brekkie:
1 banana

Lunch:
1 Baked potato
Baked beans
Cheese (1.5 HEA)
Activia ff strawberry yoghurt

Snack:
1 Apple

Dinner:
Chicken cacciatore (Chicken (HEB), passata, mushrooms, onions, chilli, herbs)
Rice
Broccoli
French beans

Snack:
Kellog's Fibre plus bar (HEB)

When rooting in the cupboard for my evening post-exercise snack, I came across a packet of crisps and realised I haven't had any for about 2 months - pre-SW, I generally ate at least one packet a day! Now that deserves a :happy036:

really like your first post - you're so humorous! :) since then you've lost almost 20 pounds - well done! you must be pleased!

I joined SW a few weeks ago and have always been on EE, maybe I should give green / red days a go so I can have more HEs!

Thanks Dream - I am pleased, although my losses have really slowed down in the last two weeks, hence my challenge to myself this week!

I don't really do red days, as I don't eat much meat and, to be honest, I'm a bit of a carboholic! Couldn't cope without pasta and rice which are hard to have on a red day, so stick mainly to green, but have thrown in a couple of EE days, mainly when my son fancies sausage!!!

Don't think I ate enough of the right things today - and again, not enough fruit and veg, but I was rushing around all day, so pleased that I managed to keep to plan!

Green day:

Brekkie:
1 banana

Lunch:
Baked potato
Asda Chick pea dahl

Snack:
1 plum
1 Alpen light (half HEB)

Dinner:
Pasta
Red pesto (3 syns)