Down with Spanx!

Spanx

Just popping in to say hi - as I said over on my diary, I'm being a Sunday Stalker and reading your exploits with a nice cup of coffee (very enjoyable and less syns than a kit kat :)). Am with you on many many points - particularly anything boob and bra related...that roll over the side of the bra - ARGH! I used to wear (and pop out of - i was that lady with the 4 boobs) a 38KK. Yep...true story! I'm now a 36D-DD but that is mainly due to the fact that I had them reduced a few years ago - it was just getting to the point where I couldn't do anything and they'd be on my lap when I sat down! They were about an E to F depending on the bra afterwards (and half a stone lighter!) and the joy of buying pretty sets is incredible!! I also have many many different sizes in my drawer and after reading your posts I am going to go and sort them all out today!

Hmmm...didn't intend for this to turn into a random boobchat, but these things happen.....

Anyway, keep up the good work and inspirational posts!

Spanx love your list on first post v funny :thankyou: .
My turning point came back in June when my dad was rushed to hospital after a third heart attack. He was always nagging me about my weight so I thought it was about time I did something seriously about it. My daughter was over weight too and wanted to lose some (she is only 13 bless her). She decided we would join SW and looked up the website and found a meeting.

Two weeks after we joined my dad passed away :cry:. So I am doing this partly for Him but mainly for most of the reasons you listed.

We have both lost over a stone each now and I can get my jeans off without undoing them :D. My daughter looks really fab.

ooohh spanx -I come baring great news :banana dancer:

Ginger, Lime & Coriander Chicken Breast, twin pack, chilled, 140g each EE ½ red½

Spanx

Just popping in to say hi - as I said over on my diary, I'm being a Sunday Stalker and reading your exploits with a nice cup of coffee (very enjoyable and less syns than a kit kat :)). Am with you on many many points - particularly anything boob and bra related...that roll over the side of the bra - ARGH! I used to wear (and pop out of - i was that lady with the 4 boobs) a 38KK. Yep...true story! I'm now a 36D-DD but that is mainly due to the fact that I had them reduced a few years ago - it was just getting to the point where I couldn't do anything and they'd be on my lap when I sat down! They were about an E to F depending on the bra afterwards (and half a stone lighter!) and the joy of buying pretty sets is incredible!! I also have many many different sizes in my drawer and after reading your posts I am going to go and sort them all out today!

Hmmm...didn't intend for this to turn into a random boobchat, but these things happen.....

Anyway, keep up the good work and inspirational posts!

Wow! 38KK - even bigger than my whoppers! How did you feel after you'd had the reduction? Sometimes I think I'd quite miss mine - they make a good shelf to rest things on for one!!!

Hope you enjoyed sorting out your undies! I'm wearing another one today that I've been able to get into again for the first time - it's like having a whole new undies draw!!

Oh yeah, and my control pants are no longer 'controlling' anything! Time to downsize methinks!

Spanx love your list on first post v funny :thankyou: .
My turning point came back in June when my dad was rushed to hospital after a third heart attack. He was always nagging me about my weight so I thought it was about time I did something seriously about it. My daughter was over weight too and wanted to lose some (she is only 13 bless her). She decided we would join SW and looked up the website and found a meeting.

Two weeks after we joined my dad passed away :cry:. So I am doing this partly for Him but mainly for most of the reasons you listed.

We have both lost over a stone each now and I can get my jeans off without undoing them :D. My daughter looks really fab.

Thanks Yummymummy - so sorry to hear about your Dad. It must have been really hard to keep on track after he died, but just think how proud he would be of his daughter and grandaughter!

Well done on your journey so far and keep up the good work! Bet you're glad your daughter found SW!

ooohh spanx -I come baring great news :banana dancer:

Ginger, Lime & Coriander Chicken Breast, twin pack, chilled, 140g each EE ½ red½

Thanks Capricorn - I have to day it was absolutely delish! I have another pack in the fridge, so I think I might cook it and take it to work with some couscous for lunch, as it would be nice cold too I think!

Well, I failed spectacularly today at having my HEXs - didn't manage either an A or a B! I think it's because I'm doing an EE day, so I was fuller all day and didn't need to use them to make interesting meals! Also because I didn't get up til late and didn't have any brekkie - oops!

Sunday: EE day

Brekkie: None (got up late and forgot - oops!)

Lunch: Chicken, baked potato, large salad

Snack: Apple, activia ff yoghurt

Dinner: Chicken (got lots in the fridge that need eating!), noodles, loads of stir-fry veggies, Blue Dragon Hoi Sin and Garlic Stir Fry sauce - 6 syns

Snack: Kitkat - 5.5 syns

Total syns for day: 11.5
Total syns for week: 22.5

Wow! 38KK - even bigger than my whoppers! How did you feel after you'd had the reduction? Sometimes I think I'd quite miss mine - they make a good shelf to rest things on for one!!!

Hope you enjoyed sorting out your undies! I'm wearing another one today that I've been able to get into again for the first time - it's like having a whole new undies draw!!

Oh yeah, and my control pants are no longer 'controlling' anything! Time to downsize methinks!

Yeah it was very strange just after and because it was such a reduction I had to have 3 weeks off work instead of the scheduled 2. I must admit I cried a bit and wondered if I did the right thing in the first few weeks - when you've spent so much of your life identifying a certain way, it's weird to not be that person any more. But, I kept them on the bigger side and I love them now :) They were just too big before.

On the subject of control pants - i've never been able to really get used to them as I feel that they just move my rolls up! and if i get the longer ones that come to your bust they just spend the day rolling down and creating a whole new roll on top of my original roll!!!!

Well, I failed spectacularly today at having my HEXs - didn't manage either an A or a B! I think it's because I'm doing an EE day, so I was fuller all day and didn't need to use them to make interesting meals! Also because I didn't get up til late and didn't have any brekkie - oops!

Spanx - if I haven't managed my Hexs I sometimes have cheese on toast as a teatime snack. Feels naughty, but all within plan and not only that, but using hexa and hexb all at once :) Either use low fat and have 2 sml slices or full fat (wahey) and have 1 big slice normal w'meal (I keep some in the freezer just in case) x

Loumoo, I know what you mean about those control pants that go up to under your bust - nightmare! I've got some from M&S though that are comfy enough to wear every day and just hold you in a bit, rather than creating muffin tops - stops the wobble a bit!!!

Mmmmm, cheese on toast! The only thing I'd worry about is that once I started, I wouldn't be able to stop!

Yesterday was an absolute nightmare SW-wise! At 8am, I got a call from work and had to change my plans and rush off down to a meeting in London... No time for brekkie resulted in a bacon roll on the train and lunch ended up being a chicken and salad foccacia on the train on the way back! (well, I say lunch, but it was 3.30 by then!) NIGHTMARE!

Interestingly, having that much bread in one day, after having barely any at all in the last 3 months, has made me feel really bloated and sluggish! Haven't even calculated the devil-bread syns yet, need to get my book out and guesstimate!

Monday: NIGHTMARE Green day:

Brekkie: White roll (14.5 syns), bacon (HEB), brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch: Foccacia (20 syns), chicken (HEB), salad, apple

Dinner: Pasta, aubergine and parmesan pesto (2 syns), strawberries, activia ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 37.5
Total syns for week so far: 60

Last edited:
Evening all! I'm not having a good week. Busy at work, not sleeping well (stressed out due to busyness and impending redundancy!) and feeling blue at what appears to be the death throes of summer! Need to get my backside back into gear and salvage this week!

Tuesday: Green day:

Brekkie: Activia ff yoghurt, alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)

Snack: Strawberries, plum

Dinner: Ginger, lime and coriander chicken (0.5 syns + HEB), couscous (2 syns), salad

Book club: Large glass red wine! (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 8.5
Total syns for week so far: 68.5

Wednesday: Green day:

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)

Snack: Strawberries, 3 plums

Dinner: Brown rice, Chick pea dahl, chicken (HEB)

Total syns for day: 0
Total syns for week so far: 68.5

I'm being taken out for lunch tomorrow by a supplier, then have a leaving lunch on Friday for my assistant and a leaving night out the same night for a team I work with! I need to try and keep to 36.5 syns for all of those to stay within my weekly limit - wish me luck!

well done to the zero syn day!! keep up the good work :)

Morning all - back to update after my 2 days of naughtiness!

WI this morning and I've managed to lose 0.5lb. Should be grateful for that after the week I've had!

Thursday I managed to do pretty well, despite the lunch out - finished the day on about 15 syns.

Yesterday was a complete disaster! Didn't eat enough, had a three course meal out (only thing I ate all day!), including a very rich chocolate mousse for pudding! Then we had a big works night out last night and I ended up having, as Bev would say, a vodka bath and a number of shots... Probably have to allow at least 30 syns for yesterday!

So, total syns for the week of around 115 - so managing to lose half a pound is pretty good!

I've lost my mojo a bit though. Need to find it quick, as I'm going on holiday in 6 weeks and I'm 12.5lbs short of my original holiday target.

I'm wondering if messing about too much, ie trying to have some red/EE days, is just proving too difficult to fit into my lifestyle and I should just stick to Green and lose more slowly, but consistently... any thoughts?

Well done on your loss Spanx :party0011:

I can see your point about "chopping n changing" which plan you are on, I stick to red days and even though I know some people have said they find it difficult after doing EE -But I find I can now do my meal plans pretty much off the top of my head as I know my allowances for A+Bs etc. My initial idea was to do Red days and then go EE if i was having a day out etc, but to be honest since I swapped to red I have done one EE and I felt pretty rough -and I didn't even go mad with the carbs ...so I will be sticking to red days me thinks :p

If you like Green days and find them easier -then perhaps its worth sticking with them, Ok you might lose a little slower BUT if its consistant then the chances are you will actually lose quicker over time *does that make sense?* :giggle:.... plus it will take the pressure off you and hopefuly bring your MOJO back. Not long to your jollies now is it!! 12.5lb -and 6 weeks -I bet you can get pretty close if not achieve that... come on,,, full on focus and give it your usual welly ;)
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Hope you are having a good weekend...

Well done on your loss spanx.stick with the days that work the best for you.we will all get there in the end:).xx

Hey Spanx,

What date is your holiday, we can make a little holiday target together if you want. I too have 6 weeks till holiday- 18th October so I will pledge to join you in your 12.5lbs!!

I have lost my mojo lately too, I think you saw on the other thread I am having a little break this week but straight back on it when back from Newcastle.

I moved all the clothes I want to take on holiday that don't fit into the spare room today and hung on a rail. They are all size 16 and can get few on if I squeeze them shut but then can't breathe! So every week after WI I am going to try them on and I WILL get into them by holiday!!

Only advice I can give- which I should listen to too, is take some time to plan- don't get caught short not knowing what you are going to eat thats when I always come unstuck. Be organised- make sure you have plently SW friendly food in and lots of healthy snacks you can take to work as sounds like you have a busy job!! Also go back to basics, stick to the rules as best you can and drink LOTS of water.

Last but not least- take care of yourself- stress makes things worse. I had a rubbish week last week because I was stressed at work, which made me eat bad things and make bad decisions, which made me feel crap in myself so on and so forth!!

You can do it!! You have done so well so far :) Keep going.

Hugs and here is some mojo for you :vibes:

Claire xxx

Capricorn, Surreygal and Claire, thank you for your comments and motivation my lovelies!

I wish I could ditch the carbs like you Capricorn, but if I don't get them, I get cravings and am very crabby to boot! I think I've done very well to give up bread (well, apart from on train journeys that is!!), couldn't be without my potatoes, pasta and rice too!

Like you on red, I don't have to think about green days, they just come naturally. Think I will stick to Green in the week and EE at the weekend and see how I get on!

Thanks Claire, that mojo you sent must have done some good already, as I've had a really good day! I'm off on my hols on the 23rd October, so I'm up for a six week challenge before then. As I said, I'm 12.5lbs short of my original holiday target and the rate I've been losing I'm not going to get there, but if I lost 9.5lbs before my hols I will have lost 2.5 stone - so that's my goal!

Today I had an EE day:

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEA), activia ff yoghurt

Lunch: Noodles, lots of stir fry veggies with soy sauce

Snack: Plum

Dinner: Hunters' chicken (HEA and 1 syn), McCain's rustic oven chips (3 syns), lots of runner beans

Total syns for day: 4

Had a fairly active day today - went out for a bike ride this morning and then to the footy this afternoon, so feel like polishing my halo!

Pretty good day food-wise as well:

Sunday:EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)

Lunch: Hunters' chicken, green beans, baked potato

Snack: Alpen light (other half HEB)

Dinner: Pasta and pesto (3 syns), strawberries and ff yoghurt

Drink: Half a pint of lager (5 syns)

Total syns for day: 8
Total syns for week so far: 12

Back