Down with Spanx!

Oh dear - I can tell this is not going to be a good week!

It was my birthday yesterday, so my team decided we had to go out for lunch. We ended up in Pizza Express. No problem, I thought, I can have a pasta dish. So I had a look, decided on an EE day and had a chicken pesto pasta. Chicken, pasta, onions, mushrooms with a cheesy pesto sauce - about 6 syns I decided, after taking out all the free food and an HEA allowance for some cheese... felt very virtuous only having a quarter of a garlic bread (another 5 syns I reckoned)...until I got back to the office and one of my friends told me you can check the pizza express nutritional info on their website...and the chicken pesto pasta was 983 calories!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: GRRR!

I was not happy, especially as I'd thought I might treat myself to one of the cakes I'd brought in for the team for afternoon tea! Needless to say that didn't happen! :mad:

So, here's my estimate of the damage:

Tuesday: EE day

Brekkie: Fruit salad, alpen light (half HEA)

Lunch: Chicken pesto pasta (15 syns?!), garlic bread (5 syns)

Dinner: Brown rice, veggie curry

Total syns for day: 20?!
Total syns for week: 34.5

Hey, well done on your losses so far. I have read your whole diary and thought it would be rude to read and run so I thought after reading about the using mash to thicken sauces was brought up, I would tell you that I use it for my gravy. Oxo water and mash, although I tend to add onion and garlic too but it tastes lovely and will work in other dishes that you would normally use flour/cornflour in and syn free :D

Tobii x

I wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday too. I reckon you can claw back the syn-age spanx. Hope you had a lovely day xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks lovely girlies! I had a lovely birthday and am happy to report in with a 1.5lbs loss this week, taking me into the 14s for the first time in over 2 years and getting me to my 2st shiny!

Really pleased with that, especially after a wine and thai food blow-out the night before WI!!!

Can't remember what I've eaten in the last few days, except to say that I've discovered a new pasta passion - fancied something creamy the other night, so mixed some quark into my pasta with pesto - delicious!

Right, back on track with a vengeance this week - no social occasions planned and my holiday is 4 weeks today, so ideally I want to get another half a stone off for then....! :eek:

Have a great SW weekend everyone! x

Thanks Surreygal and well done on your new shiny too!

I've been beaming all weekend after getting into the 14s! Another NSV today - I had to buy a new belt as all my others are too big and I spent all afternoon yesterday hitching my jeans up. Bought an 'L' and not an 'XL' - yay me!

So, yesterday ended up a rather strange EE day (ie not enough superfree...:(), but then I did have a hangover, so think I did well not to end up in McDonald's!

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), ff yoghurt

Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), apple

Snack: Alpen light (other half HEB), plums

Dinner: Chilli chicken, mushrooms, onions, McCain's rustic oven chips (2 syns)

Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 7.5

Belated happy birthday! Well done for getting into the 14s!! I'm looking forward to going down to the next stone too!!

Thanks Dream - I'm still beaming about it! Funny how sometimes something seems like such a landmark! Even though I'm still heavier than I have been for most of my adult life, it feels really good to be finally seeing and feeling some benefits!

A couple of days food to catch up on:

Sunday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), plum
Lunch: Bean and veggie soup, chilli chicken
Dinner: Gammon, peas, green beans, Mc cains rustic chips (3 syns) (son asked for them again and I was feeling too lazy to do SW chips!)
Snack: Plums, ff yoghurt, Alpen light (half HEB)

Total syns for day: 3
Total syns so far this week: 10.5

Monday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, baked beans, apple
Dinner: Gammon (HEB +3 syns), Ainsley Harriott creamy spelt (yummy and only 2 syns!), broccoli, peas
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 10.5
Total syns for week: 21

Hmmm, I forgot I was going out to lunch today! Still, wasn't too bad, we went to wagamamas and I had chicken tama rice. (Didn't dare have chicken chilli ramen like I usually have, as I had a meeting afterwards and I always spill something down my top eating noodles and soup!!!) The chicken was grilled and the rice was boiled, so I think if I allow 5 syns for any oil and have the chicken as a HEB, that should be about right!

Tuesday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB)

Lunch: Chicken (HEB) tama rice (5 syns)

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), quark, cheese (HEA)

Snack: Plum, Alpen light (Half HEB), ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 7.5
Total syns so far this week: 28.5

I found my old SW book from 2002-3 this morning. That was the last time I sustained a 'diet' for any real length of time. Out of interest, I had a look at my weekly WI results...

Out of the 50 weeks I:
Lost 3st 2lbs
Lost on 31 weeks
Gained on 11 weeks
STS for 8 weeks
Lost 2lb or more in a week 21 times.

That compares to this time round, out of 16 weeks so far:
Lost 2st 0.5lb
Lost on 15 weeks
Gained on 1 week
STS on 0 weeks
Lost 2lb or more in a week 2 times.

So, it seems so far that I'm losing more slowly, but more consistently. Also, worrying to note that last time round I lost 2st 8lbs in the first 25 weeks and then only 8lbs in total the 25 weeks after that... Note to self: KEEP GOING - DON'T LOSE FOCUS!!! :D

So, today was another green day:

Wednesday: Green day

Brekkie: None (oops! :eek:)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Turkey (HEB), green beans, peas, mushrooms, onions, passata, McCains rustic oven chips (3 syns), strawberries
Snack: TBD - probably Alpen light (Half HEB) and ff yoghurt!

Total syns for day: 3
Total syns so far this week: 31.5

Another good day food-wise, although my credit card took a battering shopping online for a new outfit for a wedding next week! So my bank balance will be shrinking quicker than I am!!!

Thursday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (Half HEB)
Lunch: Baked potato, turkey with passata, green beans, mushrooms, onions, peas
Dinner: Turkey thingy again (needed to use it up!), ainsley harriott spicy couscous (2 syns)
Snack: Alpen light (Half HEB), apple

Total syns for day: 2
Total syns so far this week: 33.5

WOOHOO! I am wearing M&S jeans in a size 18!!!! Yay me!
:clap::happy096::bliss::girlpower::winner::banana dancer::bunnydance::woohoo::party0011::party0049:

Thanks Capricorn and Kellierocks! Capricorn, are you sure you weren't watching me - those mad smilies running around shouting woohoo are exactly what I looked like earlier!!!

I've had a lovely day today, despite the weather! Got into my size 18 jeans and strutted off down to the hairdressers, where my hairdresser asked me if I'd lost weight and told me I needed a brighter hair colour to reflect the new vibrant me! So I'm sitting here with gold, copper and deep auburn highlights (and an empty wallet!!!)

Then I went to Sainsbury's and got the new Jamie Oliver cookbook while I was shopping. It's called 30 minute meals and some of them could easily be made SW friendly, so that's a job for the weekend! Some lovely pasta and veggie recipes in particular, which will suit me as I largely do green days!

WI tomorrow and I have been feeling quietly confident this week, but am now getting the usual nerves! Probably not helped by the fact I cooked an enormous tea and it was so nice I ate it all! :eek:

Friday: Green day

Brekkie: None (oops!)
Lunch: Baked potato, veggie and bean soup
Snack: Apple, Alpen light (Half HEB), Strawberries
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), bacon (HEB), tomatoes, mushrooms, spring onions, quark, cheese (HEA) YUM!

Total syns for day: 2.5
Total syns so far this week: 36

So, fingers crossed for a good result in the morning! :sign0009::fingerscrossed:

Morning wow spanx well done on your jeans size 18 i'm so pleased for you,i bet your still smiling:).Also with your hairdresser noticing your weight loss,what a great day you had!!.Your hair sounds smashing,i'm looking for a new hairdresser to get my highlights done.Fingers crossed for wi for you.x

Good morning everyone! So pleased to report in with a 2.5lbs loss this week! Woohoo! My best week for ages!

Only another half a stone to go to get under 200 as well! And if that isn't motivating, I don't know what is!!

Thanks Surreygal - I am still smiling - even more so after this morning's WI! I would recommend my hairdresser, but from your username, I deduce it might be a little far to go for a colour!!! :D

Have a fabulous day everyone! x

Back