Down with Spanx!

Thanks Karen and Elle! I feel pretty motivated at the moment - I have finally realised that slow and sure can win the race! Green days suit my lifestyle best, so I shall just have to accept the slower losses and keep on going!

Pretty good weekend SW wise (let's not talk about X-factor, oh, go on then, let's - gutted Aiden went out over Katie...grrr! Although I did think she sang better than him in the sing off, think nerves got the best of him until the last bit *sigh*)

Saturday: Green day

Brekkie: None - had a lie-in!

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), peas, mushrooms, cheese (HEA)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns),Kellogg's fibre plus (HEB)

Total syns for day: 4

Sunday: Green day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), oven chips(5 syns), large salad
Snack: ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 5

Total syns so far this week: 9

I am being very slack of late in reporting in my diary - note to self, must do better!

Having a good week this week, well, until Friday night when the girlies are coming round for curry and red wine, but hey, needs must when one's friends need relationship advice and a shoulder to cry on!

I feel like I haven't made much progress of late, even though I have lost every week. Sometimes I think it's good to lose slowly, sometimes I look at other people's results and feel rather envious! Possibly just feeling like this because I haven't had any NSVs of late and my holiday is already feeling like a long time ago!

It isn't affecting my motivation though, I'm still 'in the zone'!

Monday: Green

Dinner: Pasta, pesto (3 syns), peas, mushrooms, apple
Snack: Alpen light (half HEB)

Total syns for day: 3

Tuesday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), ff yoghurt
Snack: Apple, alpen light (half HEB)
Dinner: Noodles, chicken (HEB), stir fry veggies, soy sauce
Extras: TicTacs (3 syns)

Wednesday: Green

Snack: Apple, Alpen light (half HEB)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), noodles, stir-fry veg, soy sauce
Extras: TicTacs (3 syns)

Total syns so far this week: 18

Wish you the very best of luck hun!! take care xxx

also SPANX... how do u get the SW awards on ur signature please???

Thanks hun! xxx

Down in the dumps today and it's all my own fault! I'm having a girly night tonight, which will involve lots of red wine and a curry (I'm being good on that front though and have got a SW friendly chicken and spinach curry in the slow cooker!) Anyway, I decided to have a sneaky peek on the scales this morning in case tonight sabotaged my WI in the morning and discovered I've put on 1lb since last week...:mad:

I've been really good this week as well...lots of low syn days so that tonight won't mess up my weekly syns total. :sigh:

So, now hoping for a minor miracle for WI in the morning!

Anyway, here's yesterday's food:

Thursday: EE day

Brekkie: None - oops, must do better!
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese, apple
Dinner: Sausage casserole with extra veg (5 syns), new potatoes
Snacks: Apple, Alpen light (half HEB) and ff yoghurt

Total syns so far this week: 23

:sigh: Well, it wasn't quite as bad as it could have been, but still only lost half a pound this week... Still, a loss is a loss, need to pick myself up and soldier on! This 200lb barrier is proving very hard to get through!

My Friday night probably didn't help, although still nowhere near my weekly syns total:

Friday: EE day

Lunch: Sausage casserole with extra veg (3 syns), baked potato
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Chicken curry with potato, spinach, peppers and mushroom (1 syn), naan bread (10 syns)
Snack: Tortillas and dips (10 syns)
Extras: Half a bottle of wine (18 syns)

Total syns for day: 42

Total syns for week: 65

So, on to this week:

Saturday: EE day

Lunch: Sausage casserole with extra veg (3 syns), baked potato
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)
Dinner: Chicken curry leftovers (1 syn), boiled rice

Total syns for day: 9.5

Spanx

Sorry to hear you're feeling glum, but if you're within your weekly syns total then keep the faith and good things will happen on the scales in the next few weeks :D Speaking of syns, I see you've put 18 down for 1/2 bottle of wine, which puts a whole bottle at 36. Whenever I've looked, it's always been 8.5 syns for a generic 250 ml, so more like 25.5 for a 750ml bottle of wine, which puts 1/2 a bottle at 13. Hope this helps.....

Evening all! Another reasonable day SW wise, but as my son had been at his Dad's all weekend and wanted to go out to Nandos for dinner to 'celebrate his return' I decided to compromise and have a fairly high-syn dinner.

Also, got on the wii earlier for the first time in ages and it told me I was well under 14st! Love how it always underweighs!

Son went off in a strop tho', as I beat him at skateboarding! 'Huh - how can you beat me at that? You need to be cool to be good at skateboarding!' was his comment. He's really in for it today, as about 5 minutes later he asked how long ago it was that I married his Dad...when I said 11 years, he said 'Wow - I thought it was much longer ago than that, you look a lot older now than in your wedding photos!!!' Don't you just love kids! :rolleyes:

So, today's food looked like this:

Sunday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), apple
Dinner: Turkey steak (HEB), 1 rasher bacon (half HEB), cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (2 syns), oven chips (5 syns), ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 7

Total syns so far this week: 16.5

And yes, I know that looks a bit light on veg, but I had cooked a massive cauliflower soup to have before dinner (and for the week's lunches), but it tasted disgusting! Don't know why, just didn't work and I ended up chucking it away!

Spanx

Sorry to hear you're feeling glum, but if you're within your weekly syns total then keep the faith and good things will happen on the scales in the next few weeks :D Speaking of syns, I see you've put 18 down for 1/2 bottle of wine, which puts a whole bottle at 36. Whenever I've looked, it's always been 8.5 syns for a generic 250 ml, so more like 25.5 for a 750ml bottle of wine, which puts 1/2 a bottle at 13. Hope this helps.....

Thanks Loumoo! I was working off 6 syns for a glass and a bottle being 6 glasses, but am very happy to be told otherwise!!! Looking back though, I think I probably underestimated the syns for the nachos, so it was probably about right in total!

Am feeling a bit better today, at least it was a loss and it keeps my 'record' of only having one gain in almost 6 months going!

I really need to increase the variety in my meals though - hence cooking a vat of spicy cauliflower soup today to take to work for lunch. Thought it would help me get some extra veg, but it was YUK!!!

When I get some time I think I will make a meal plan and try and stick to it!

Hope all is well with you xxx

Evening all!

Blimey it's gone cold again hasn't it?! Does shivering count as body magic?!!!

Had the munchies all day today and am very pleased with myself that I managed to control them! I have, however, converted half the office to Alpen lights - we all had the munchies mid-afternoon, so I offered them round and they did the trick! Only problem is the whole box has gone, so I need to get some more! I think I am keeping Alpen in business! :D

Monday: Green

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn), apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), cheese (HEA), lean bacon (HEB)

Total syns so far this week: 21.5

sounds like you are keeping the colleagues well fed too lol. feels good when you can resist the crap and make good choices...especially when already hungry/picky!

you burn more calories when cold - its the only bloody upside to sitting here FREEZING!

Quite pleased with myself today, as I avoided lots of temptations! Spent the day at a conference venue and then had a night out with friends in the curry house...

Tuesday: EE day

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), apple
Snack: Apple (when everyone else was eating danish pastries!) :angel09:
Lunch: Salad, chicken, sweet and sour vegetables (5 syns?), boiled rice, fruit salad
Snack: Small pot ice cream (7 syns) (yes - I know, that's not being good, but I did avoid scones with cream and jam, chocolate bars and carrot cake!!!)
Dinner: Chicken Dhansak (6.5 syns), boiled rice, poppadom (4 syns), 1 little bit of nan (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 25.5

Total syns so far this week: 47

I blame the cold weather entirely for me going 'off-piste' today!

I was at a workshop all day and there were choccy bars, cakes and sweets everywhere you looked! Sadly, I fell off the wagon and overindulged!

That 200lb barrier is still looking pretty insurmountable this week!

Wednesday: Green

Dinner: Pasta, peas, mushrooms, philly light with garlic and herbs (HEB)

Total syns for day: 0

Thursday: EE

Brekkie: Alpen light (3 syns), apple
Snack: Funsize toffee crisp (5.5 syns)
Lunch: Wholemeal bread (HEB), cheese (HEA), chicken tikka (2 syns), egg mayo (3 syns), melon, pineapple, cake (6 syns)
Snack: Funsize Yorkie (6 syns)
Dinner: morrisons eat smart sausage (1.5 syns), baked potato, peas

Total syns for day (approx!): 27
Total syns so far this week: 74

Good job there's only tomorrow to go before WI!

Hi Kellie - I see from your sig that you completed the New York Marathon - well done you! Actually, well done you isn't quite strong enough! So I'll settle for WOWZERS!

Bloomin' freezing here again tonight, my computer's telling me it's -5 at the moment! The frost is so thick on my car already I thought it had snowed! And surprise, surprise, I've got a stinking cold...:mad: Which reminds me, must find out how many syns there are in blackcurrant lemsip!!!

So, WI tomorrow, fingers crossed for a reasonable result. :fingerscrossed:

Friday: Green

Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), beans
Snack: FF yoghurt
Dinner: Chicken (HEB) and spinach curry (2 syns), boiled rice
Extras: Blackcurrant Lemsip (2 syns?!)

Total syns for day: 4
Total syns this week: 78

WooHoo! I did it! :D:D:D:D

199lbs this morning! :bliss::bliss:

That's 2.5lbs off this week, which makes up for a rubbish week last week!

Now to get into the 13s before Christmas....

Well done spanx.Great loss:D .You must be one happy bunny this morning.Have a nice weekend.:happy096:.xx

Back