Down with Spanx!

I had a great morning this morning - I went through my wardrobe and tried on all my old clothes and then packed them all away in bags waiting for the next charity collection! :D

Most of my old skirts fell down over my hips and I could get all my old trousers on without undoing the zips!

Saturday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Syn free biryani (veggies - tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peas)
Dinner: Chicken, oven chips (5 syns), huge salad

Syns today: 5
Syns for week: 77.5

Hopeful of a decent loss in the morning! :cross:

Good luck weighing in. Hope the scales are kind to you :)

Thanks Rozy, WhitePigeon and Sweet - your 'good luck' thoughts must have worked, as I lost 2lbs this week!

Really pleased with that, and will continue with controlling my carbs intake to see if it gives me another good week!

Even more importantly, I finally got my 4.5st shiny! Woohoo! I looked back over my weight-loss spreadsheet *geek alert!* and realised it's taken me three months to get it - oops! Hope it doesn't take me three months to get the next one!

Onwards and downwards! :D

Yay. Well done Spanx. Congrats on the new shiny. Must try and take a leaf out of your book........!!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you lovely ladies!

Rozy - good luck for your first WI, I'm sure you will do fabulously!

Gail - I know that you will be back on track sooner than soon - have a great week!

ginlin - well done on your fantastic progress so far!

Another good day, went to my Mum's for lunch and she cooked a low-syn feast, so that was yum! Great that she's finally got the hang of it too, after months of her putting oil and butter in things. Mind you, she still offered me a choc ice and/or fruit strudel for pudding :doh: - which I resisted!

Sunday: EE
Lunch: Chicken, curried rice (3 syns), potato wedges (3 syns), large salad
Dinner: Chicken biryani, cherry tomatoes
Snack: FF yoghurt, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 11.5

I had a great NSV today. I popped round to a friend's house tonight to lend her a book and was standing in the kitchen, when her husband walked in and walked straight past me without even saying hello. Now, I've known him for 20 years, so I was a bit surprised. Five minutes later he walked back through the kitchen, facing me this time and realised who I was! You should have seen the look on his face - and his spluttering apologies for not recognising me!!! :D

Monday: EE
Lunch: chicken, huge salad, small baked potato (150g)
Snack: Apple, banana, ff yoghurt
Dinner: Pasta (100g), pesto (2.5 syns), cherry tomatoes, spring onions, mushrooms
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 19.5

Yay congratulations on your loss and your new shiney:happy096: Love your nsv:D:D brilliant !!! x

WOW well done on your 2lb loss and new shiny :D
I bet it felt great being able to put those clothes in a bag for charity! Make sure you keep at least one pair of trousers so you can do the before and after shot whilst standing in your old trousers and showing how big they are on you now :D

It was great Surreygal - especially as he then said 'Wow - you've lost loads of weight...oh, am I not supposed to say that? Is it not politically correct? Well, how on earth is a man supposed to comment in this situation!!!' :D:D:D

Thanks MiniMum - I'm not sure I've still got any of my biggest clothes - think I threw them all out a while back, mind you, I bet there's something hiding somewhere (probably in the bottom of a laundry basket full of stuff waiting to be ironed - and it will probably waiting until the next blue moon!!!).

Had a pretty rubbish day today. I must learn to deal with it better when a day ends up being not as I expected! I had another business meeting that overran, so when I got to the sandwich shop they'd only got chilli left to go on my baked potato. Now it didn't look too oily, and it did have both kidney beans and chick peas in it, as well as onions, mushrooms and of course, tomato, so I decided it would have to do and I would be on an EE day...

Then my afternoon meeting seriously overran and I ended up having to rush straight out to meet a friend. By the time I got to the restaurant I was starving, and my willpower was zero - so I ended up having potato skins with cheese and bacon, followed by chicken and chips :eek::eek::eek:

In my defence, I did have a massive salad with it!!!!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better....

Tuesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, chilli (5 syns for oil?)
Dinner: Potato skins with cheese and bacon (HEA plus 8 syns?), chicken (didn't eat skin), chips (12 syns), large salad (no dressing or coleslaw)

Syns today: 25

Hi Spanx. I started here last week and love it . I am so amazed at the staying power of so many people in these diaries ..it shows how sustainable the SW plan is .. You have done sooooo well and , like you ,I have the laugh at yourself approach. Being able to laugh at yourself is so important and I will do it whatever size I am..I can relate to so many of those ideas in your first post.. I hope you are getting to cross some off the list now.
Diana

Thank you dm - and good luck on your journey! Minimins really is great isn't it?!

I think the most important thing I have learnt this time round (second time on SW - first time got to about this weight and stalled, finally put it all back on and more!) is that you really can do this for life.

If you need some more inspiration, look at Capricorn or Gail's (gl and then some numbers, can never remember what they are!) diaries - both really inspirational and, like me, both in it for the long haul!

I've had a rocky couple of days, I've been eating out a lot this week, catching up with friends while my son is away - and I've realised I've got another 3 nights out next week and then a few days away with family - eek!

Still, I've not been too bad:

Wednesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Chicken, gammon, cheese (HEA), bbq sauce (2 syns, only had a little!), peas, chips (oops! 12 syns), huge salad

Syns today: 14

Thursday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, salad, apple
Dinner: Joe's peppered chicken (v. nice!), huge salald, rice with peas and mushrooms
Snack: ff Yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5

Week so far: 64

I had a great morning this morning - I went through my wardrobe and tried on all my old clothes and then packed them all away in bags waiting for the next charity collection! :D

Most of my old skirts fell down over my hips and I could get all my old trousers on without undoing the zips!
What a fantastic feeling that must have been..so worth all the effort.
Diana

Hi Diana, it was great! The only not great thing is that I've now got nothing to wear to a business meeting on Monday, so I think I might have to go shopping this afternoon!

I have no idea at the moment though, what will suit me. I've seen other people on here say the same thing - that now they've lost weight they have no idea what to buy. All my old clothes were of the 'what will cover me up the most?' variety!

I still have big boobs (36H) and a big tum, but my shoulders, arms, bum and legs look much slimmer... well, I shall just go and face one of my least favourite things - changing rooms with big mirrors!

Got back on track yesterday and managed a great NSV for me. We all went to the pub after work and I had 2 diet cokes, when I really wanted a beer! Then someone bought 6 packets of crisps for everyone to share and I didn't have one!!! :D

Before SW, I'd probably have demolished at least 2 of the packets!

Friday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Joe's peppered chicken, baked potato, huge salad
Snacks: ff yoghurt, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5
Week so far: 69.5

I had the strangest experience this afternoon - I went clothes shopping and actually enjoyed it!!! AND - I had to call the changing room lady in both M&S and Next and ask her to check whether they'd got things in SMALLER sizes!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Ended up buying 3 pairs of trousers in a 14 from M&S and about 6 tops from next in a 16 and 18 - I was over the moon and grinned all the way home!

I also bought some things that I would never have bought a few months ago - fitted tops and short tops - ie tops that finish at the waist rather than covering my lower stomach and hips. Fantabulous!

I also had a bra fitting in Bravissimo and have shrunk another size to a 36GG - all in all, a great afternoon!

What a lovely afternoon you have had:D:D Thrilled to bits for you.Definately fantabulous:D:D.x

Back