Down with Spanx!

Hi Angem and a very happy new year to you too! Thank you for your lovely comments - and well done on your journey so far - you are doing great! xxx

Happy New Year Spanx hope 2012 is a good one:) I'm back on track now after xmas,hoping to soon shift my 4lb gain.I feel the same i was glad to be back on plan after over doing it.

Hi Spanx,

Happy New Year!!!!

Looks like you have been doing amazingly!! I could really do with some of your motivation as I have had a few naughty weeks but hey thats life & I'm back on plan now & will post the offical gain :eek: on Friday!!! On a positive I enjoyed lots of naughty food but realised just how rubbish it actually made me feel so can totally understand your cravings for veg soup & salad!!! I never thought vegetable soup could taste soooooo good!!!!:eek:

Anyway good luck on reaching your target (I cant believe how close you are!!!!)

Thank you Kenco and Sweet Pink - happy new year to you both!

Lovely to see you back Sweet Pink - glad you are back on track and raring to go and I hope the damage wasn't too bad!

I'm really, really pleased to be reporting in with a 2.5lb loss this week - and a new 6st shiny!!! :D:D:D

Only 1lb from my original target - how exciting!

Wow. Fantastic result. Absolutely brilliant. Well done on the new shiny :). So close now :D

Good luck for this week. What a massive incentive to be well behaved. Go for it. :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Lovely to see you back Sweet Pink - glad you are back on track and raring to go and I hope the damage wasn't too bad!

I'm really, really pleased to be reporting in with a 2.5lb loss this week - and a new 6st shiny!!! :D:D:D

WoW Congrats! You must be feeling very proud, your diary has definitely been an inspiration! Fingers crossed for the 1lb loss this week!

Well done you:D:D Fab result and a lovely new shiney!!! So close now:D very exciting!!! Hope you have a good week:) xx

7.5lbs so bad enough!!! :eek: To be honest I dont think I was that naughty compared to what I would have been pre SW but nowhere near on plan at the same time. The funny thing was that quite a few of my meals were on plan so it was all the wee nibbles in between that done the harm.. & the alcohol. If nothing else it has made me realise how much better i feel when I eating well so I'm going to take it as a positive to keep me on track & get to target.. hopefully by summer ;)

Hello Kenco and Sweet Pink and thank you for trying to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I really don't know what's happened to me since the new year, but I've gone completely off-plan and I think I've probably put on about a stone - haven't even dared get on the scales yet!

In the last couple of months, you name it, I've eaten it - particularly chocolate, bread and wine... :eek:

I have had a stressful couple of months, but that's no excuse for completely cocking-up! I'm so cross with myself!

Still, I'm back now and, while I still have absolutely no willpower, I really want to get back on track. I think I'm going to need all the support and willpower vibes you can give me!!!

Will WI tomorrow and re-set all my stats, waving goodbye to my 6 st shiny and possibly even my 5st shiny too...:eek:

Right, off to catch up on some threads and find some nice recipes to tempt me back in to the SW way!

xxx

Hello Spanx,

So pleased you have decided to come home ! You havent left it for very long either so damage will be, although not desired at least limited.

Clever you !! and lots and lots of luck :)

Hi Spanx,

Thanks for your message and welcome back. Yes, we must be twins !!! From one gainer to another - my advice (always happy to give, not quite so good at following it !) is to set realistic goals. I spent ages thinking 'if I can just get back to where I was, I'll be ok' but because it wasn't coming off quick enough going off track again. I'm a bit more on track now because I've just set myself a target of 1 lb per week until I go away (on my first diving trip for 3 years - eeeek) and it suddenly feels achievable again.

Good to see you back here. Keep in touch :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

P.S. thanks Jilly to your messages to both of us :)

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you Jilly and Gail for your lovely words and thoughts.

I must say, it feels good to be back!

I finally bit the bullet on Monday and weighed myself - 15.5lbs on in just over two months... :(:mad::eek: That's almost 2lbs a week... eek!

So, I've lost my 6st and 5st shinys, but I am determined to get them back!

I've had two 100% days and I already feel much more motivated and determined.

You are absolutely right Gail about setting realistic targets and not beating yourself up for a slip-up. I have decided that I am aiming to weigh less when I go to Cyprus at the end of May than I did last time I was there last October. That means I need to lose 8.5lbs in about 9 weeks - easily doable as long as I keep focused!

I am also restarting my running/walking regime - aiming to go at least twice a week for half an hour each time. Again, I will start back slowly, but I'm determined to beat last year's time of 37 minutes for my Race for Life this year, which is in June.

So that's two small, but perfectly achievable targets to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I have also decided to make Fridays my flexi-day every week. Part of the problem has been that I've been either going out, or staying in and cooking, every Friday with my new chap. We both love cooking (and red wine!) and it's been pretty disastrous!!! I know that, realistically, it's not going to change, so I am going to aim to keep around 40 syns free just for that evening. That will allow for a couple of large glasses of wine and whatever we decide to cook or eat out! It also leaves me with at least 5 syns per day for every other day of the week, which means I won't feel deprived.

The other big food decision is to give up bread and bread-type products again. I've realised that I can't control my eating as much when I allow myself bread - it all goes to pot, as well as leaving me feeling bloated and uncomfortable, which for some reason I've dealt with by eating more!

So, that's my master plan and I'm feeling much more in control...

I also hope to regain my 5st shiny on Sunday - that would be a 1.5lb loss this week to start me off nicely.

Hope everyone is having a good week! xxx

Go spanx! You can do it! Xxxx ;)

Hello Spanx :)

Your decision to keep on including your fun Friday seems wise to ensure you dont feel deprived.

I know what you mean about bread it is just so calorie dense (and soooo morish and yummy) it must be one of the most difficult foods to include on the sw plan. On the upside though so many foods are allowed in copious amounts on sw that would be tightly limited on other diets. But you know that of course as you have been so sucessful following the plan and acheived great results.

Have a good evening :)

Go spanx! You can do it! Xxxx ;)

Honda! How lovely to see you! I hope all is well with you - are you doing Atkins at the moment? How are you finding it? I don't think I could ever manage it, I'm too much of a carbs addict, so green days were made for me!

Thanks Jilly - yes, I'm afraid one slice is never enough with me, whether it's bread or cake! So cutting it out completely is best all round I think!

Another 100% day - that's three under my belt, woohoo! I have also gone through the recipe section and chosen a low-syn meal to cook on Friday night - so I will be able to have a couple of glasses of wine and not feel guilty! :p

Honda! How lovely to see you! I hope all is well with you - are you doing Atkins at the moment? How are you finding it? I don't think I could ever manage it, I'm too much of a carbs addict, so green days were made for me!

Hiya love! :D I'm doing very well, fitter than I've ever been and Atkins suits me really well, not missing the bread, tatties, or rice! Gained everything I lost on SW so started again.

Doing spin and kettlebell like its going out of fashion and this week have started doing a walk/run with the dog.

You're still a great inspiration to me love so keep up the good work, we're all allowed a wee blip now and then ;) xxx

Back