Dreading christmas!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
At christmas i CANT go without my gravy, bread sauce, sticky gooey pudding, nibbles and sweets.........im going to try to reduce my normal christmas intake but i dont think i have any will power (i actually know i have zero will power!) How is everyone else going to get through christmas??

I am dreading christmas too, I have decided to just have what I want on the 25th and keep to my plan on all the other days x This weight loss is going to ba a life long thing so I need to factor in special occasions now, as there will always be something but not every day or week, I thibk it is about planning and making the right choices

To be honest, for Christmas day and Boxing day I'm going to have what I fancy. Mainly cos I'm at my parents' and don't want to make a fuss, but also cos it's CHRISTMAS!! There's no way I could forego my mom's roasties done in goose fat (oops!) and trifle.

BUT.... straight back on plan on the Sunday. I have followed the plan absolutely 100% since I started almost 7 weeks ago, so I think I have earned a day or 2 off!

I'm going to have the works on my Christmas dinner.
I'm having Christmas Eve, Christmas day, Boxing Day and NYE off plan.
Hopefully I won't go too mad and I'll be on plan the rest of the time.
I'll buy lots of nice free food that I don't normally have e.g. smokedsalmon, big prawns, fresh pineapple, proper ham etc and hopefully that'll help me feel like it's a bit different and special.

I'm going off plan for xmas day and probably boxing day as it will be torture watching bf and son munching away. I can cope any other time but you have to live as well. So i plan to enjoy xmas and not go over board but not deny myself either. Will probably find we can't eat as much as we did coz our tummys have shrunk :D

May also have to have New years day off to as its bf birthday and have people over for a meal.

This weight loss is going to ba a life long thing so I need to factor in special occasions now, as there will always be something but not every day or week, I thibk it is about planning and making the right choices

Sandra, this is exactly how I feel and its one of the reasons I didn't put off starting SW til after christmas, theres always a special occassion around the corner, so if I didn't start now when would I :D

I'm going to be probably boring and say i'm sticking to plan, i've planned what we are going to have so don't feel I am going to miss out, I feel 15 syns will allow me to have an odd chocolate, or bit of pud however, if I do fall off the wagon so be it :D I won't beat myself up, I will just go for an extra long walk the next day for damage limitation.

I posted this last week, but it is my plan for red, amber and green food to help me stick to plan:

Green Food- the stuff I will fill my house with and eat in abundance
Turkey, chicken drumsticks, prawns, smoked salmon, eggs, cooked and tinned ham, roasted (fry light) parsnips and potatoes, sprouts, carrots, syn free dips, rice salad, spiced cous cous, tangerines, pomegranites, syn free sausages wrapped in trimmed bacon, pickled onions, lean pork mince stuffing, crab, sushi, lamb shanks, 0% greek yoghurt with sugar free caramel syrup, pasta salad, braised red cabbage,

Amber food- HEXs
10 almonds, 6 cashew nuts, 7 roasted chestnuts, 16 peanuts, 9 hazelnuts, 71g dried apricots, 57g dried figs, 28g brie, 28g stilton, ryvita minis, pagen rolls, 42g camembert, 85g low fat soft cheese, 2 Boursin garlic and herb portions, a baked apple with 1 level tablespoon of mincemeat, 57g reduced fat hummus,

Red food- treats I will allow within syn allowance
Xmas cake/stollen- 8 syns for 42g
Mince pie- average 12 each
Pork pie- 10-15 each
Dates – 2 syns each
Quality street- 2 syns each
Baileys – 4 per 25ml
Light mayo- 2 syns per tablespoon
Low fat Christmas pudding- 13 syns per 100g portion
Low fat custard- 3.5 syns per quarter tin
Crackers for cheese- average 1.5 each

CP, this post last time was the push I wanted to plan my menu and write my shopping list, so many thanks :D

Thanks CP. I've been on the 100% til X-mas challenge and I will have X-mas day off but after dat I'm straight back on. I don't ant my hard work going to waste!!

Scouzer. X

I'm going to my OH's parents on Christmas Eve and not coming back til Boxing Day. Unfortunately thay don't believe in 'low fat' so will have to be off plan for a couple of days. I think my mindset has changed so much though that i'm not going to be eating just for the sake of it... I hope :)

Well, for my breakfasts i will be keeping them SW... probably wont have lunches as dinners are always so big, and for dinners I will eat the traditional dinner (turkey, ham, stuffing, roast potatoes, veg and gravy) and I wont be synning my dinners. I will eat like this for christmas eve, christmas day and boxing day.
I will probably have 1 pudding and that will be Christmas Day only.
I dont drink alcohol and I rarely eat chocolate anyway, so I never have any chocolates just for the sake of it anyway.
I plan on eating lots of vegetable broth, vegs, prawns, lean turkey and ham and stuff like that. So EE it will be, and I will enjoy my 3 days, sticking to SW as much as possible, but not beating myself up about it if I dont. And straight back onto plan 100% the day after boxing day.

I say enjoy Christmas and New Year. Just make up for it in other ways. After Christmas Dinner me and my family are all going on a nice long walk. We have the route planned. This will certainly help the digestive system! I think everyone should enjoy the Christmas season, just make sure that you do more exercise than you normally do and maybe it will balance it out!

Come on - Xmas are only once a year!!!! - have a time off!!!

Considering you are 100% on plan before and straight after what damage is it going to make????? Not tham much as you'd be back on track in no time. And at the end of the day this 2-4 extra lbs are not the end of the world - it might add an extra 2 weeks to achieving your goal but I think it's worth it given the chance of properly enjoying your Christmas. xxxx

I'm back to my parents on the 21st for a week. I know what mum is like with food, but have told her no chocolates this year. If she hasn't got any in will stock up on Satsumas/clementines when I get there.

Will be eating my roast dinner and turkey sandwiches as usual, just careful with what else I eat and probably will cut down on the drink a bit.

Back to it again when I get back on the 28th.

I'm dreading it!

23/24/25th at the most SW unfriendly house in the country and will not be in control of any meal (except brekkie maybe but it'll be cereal :( ) as I'll be a guest. 26th will be my 'Xmas Day' with my parents and 27th although also with my parents is their 40th Anniversary plus my Mum's Birthday so probably out for dinner (and now scared of even steak & jacket pot after the Weatherspoons syn level!).
29th we're going to Edinburgh for Hogmanay and we've got a meal out NYE plus a round robin buffet for NYD - we're going with my aunt & uncle to all the neighbours houses in turn for nibbles/party food/snacks! :(

It's looking like a min of 10 days completely off plan and I'm struggling enough as it is :(

Hi everyone,
I am new, I was going to wait till the New Year to start Slimming World but after two people asked me if I was pregnant, I decided not to wait a second later. No wonder they askedme that though as I have never ever been this weight other than when about to give birth!! I will not be on plan Christmas Day or Boxing Day however, I plan to be as good as possible and fill up on fruit and veg. The thread earlier with all food was great, I'll be stocking up on all that!!
good going everyone!!

Oh dear, no-one should be "dreading" Christmas. Have fun, enjoy the company of friends and family, count your blessings, don't worry, and get back to the plan immediately afterwards.

The sky will not fall, the world will not come to an end, and all will be well.

Oh dear, no-one should be "dreading" Christmas. Have fun, enjoy the company of friends and family, count your blessings, don't worry, and get back to the plan immediately afterwards.[/QUOTE
The sky will not fall, the world will not come to an end, and all will be well.

Absolutely this, Christmas is once a year, enjoy it! Even if you put on we all know now that we can lose it again, and in a healthy, varied and yummy way! I am certainly going to be enjoying myself, keeping to plan when available but I'm not going to refuse anything that I want - pint of Baileys please! - Enjoy Christmas and then look forward to getting back on track 100% afterwards. This time next year when we're all wearing festive gold hot pants we'll look back at all of this and laugh :D

Back