dreading easter bank holiday!!

I always thought I could never go on a night out and have fun whilst everyone was drinking

Well done you ! :D that is another huge hurdle you have sailed over.

I always used to say I was driving or on drugs .... the prescribed type of course ! even when I wasn't, just to stop people trying to force drink on me ! Keep up the good work xxx

thanks chips with everythin! (great name by the way lol). Yeh i was thinking of using antibiotics for my next cunning excuse lol xx

Giving up booze was always a bit of an "Oooooo I don't know if I can do that!" for me. DH & I had got into the really bad habit of bottles of wine on a Sat night (1 each!!) pub and then wine again (yes another bottle each) on a Sun aft/eve and then it crept into mondays and tuesdays as well. The only reason I wan't drinking every single night was because I work 3 night a week! (No wonder I could never lose any weight!!)

I finally had to bite the bullet because I was soooo tired of 'messing about' at trying to shift the flab. I now haven't had a drink for nearly 8 weeks and I can honestly say it hasn't bothered me in the least. I still go to the pub with DH on a Sunday but I drink water or/and coffee. He still has his wine .... although to be fair I think he HAS cut down a little in the last couple of weeks.

I haven't nagged - I was determined when I started this that I wasn't going to make anyone else suffer for my decision. So even though I think he should, I haven't said anything about him cutting down. I HAVE asked him to move his glass away from me because I really don't like the smell.

I haven't been in a lot of company whilst not drinking though ... but I'm fairly sure I could cope ... ? I think the worst thing would be probably getting irritated by 'silly' behaviour ... we'll see if it happens I suppose.

(I LOOOOOOVE the meercat advert too!!!)

8 weeks?! good work!!! its really not as hard as u think is it? Yeh I agree, 'silly behaviour' can be annoying, thats the only thing I found a bit challenging, and also the fact that my feet were really hurting in my killer heels - which is normally numbed by alcohol lol but apart from that its all good, I can defo put up with it to lose the weight. I've been invited out next sat for a night out and I was going to say no but I think I might just go now that I know I can go without having to drink, what a good discovery! lol xx

Back