Dress size +height +weight

You should set your goals for what size you want to be and is in your healthy range....not what you think is realistic. You don't have to be in any rush to get there buy there is no reason at all that you can't do it over the course of a few months or a year or two :)

I know thats the sensible way and I do have to say I really don't think I want to be at the "lower" end of ideal weight but you do(or I do anyway) start to get caught up in the "oh lets just see what acouple more lbs look like":eek:

I'm one of them constantly changing targets lol first target was 11st, then 10st 7lb and I've finally decided on 10st.

The reason is simply I didnt know how I'd truly feel about my body and self until I got to the goal

I didn't dare dream ever being this light once upon a time. I think this thread is good cos I hope it shows people that any weight is possible (hope that makes sense).

That's true but how do you know what your ideal weight is, if you've never been that weight before?

I thought 11st was my ideal weight until I got there and found that actually it wasn't ideal cos I still didn't feel comfortable with myself.

Now I feel wonderful but my weight of 10st 4lbs was never a determined target but it is ideal

I know what you mean. I suppose probably easier for me to say because I was (once upon a time :p ) at my goal weight and was very confident in my body then so I know that's where I want to be again. Might take a bit more trial and error if you have not been that low before.

I have a bit of an issue because as a "lapsed" bodybuilder I have hit a weight of 10st 8lb in the past and had a waist that touched (briefly) on 22". I now know that whatever weight I get too it won't be the solid weight and shape that I loved so much. I am just going to keep getting a few lbs off and see what happens I guess:cry:

I think mine are too! Leanne's stats make me think I should be losing more... I guess I'll see how I feel when I get into the 10s.

Hi, please don't let my goals influence yours, just do what feels right for you. I started at 11st 9 and I would of been happy at 10st 7, but when I got to that weight I wasn't so I dropped to 10 stone and honestly I just wanted to see 9st something on the scales... Felt great but I still had my hang ups... A lot of them, so I'm just going to keep trucking until I feel great about myself and comfortable in my own skin... Just keep hitting goals and see how you feel xx

I'm 5'3 and am 11.5 I seem to be either 14 or 16 depending on make. As I was a 22 in January I'm pleased with the reducing clothes sizes.
It's interesting to see others who are the same height and similar weight have differing sizes!

As a male, i'm not sure what the dress size would be, but I think it would be 14 now from looking at the sizes- my best weight would be 10.5 stone, as I used to be that weight when younger, but to be realistic I have set 11.5 stone as my goal. If I am happy when I get there, then will go on to maintenance regime, if not, might go for 11 stone .

I find it really weird some people can be say 12 stone and size 12 while others are bigger, different body shapes I suppose I'm 11st13 ATM it took me 8 months to get my stone which I'm not proud of but my body loses weight very slowly

Really interesting thread.

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 19st 1.5 lb and wear a size 24 top and bottom.

Going by my past weight changes i generally hit a 22 around 16.5 - 17 stone. Size 20 15.5 stone onwards. Size 18 is around 14 stone.

Hope my waffle helps :D

I swear my body is weird. I am 14st 5lbs and a size 18 (I even own one pair of trousers that are a size 20 but they are big on me). When I was 10st 7lbs I was a comfortable 14 yet I saw one woman on this thread who was a size 8 at that weight and just one inch taller than me! I would love to be a size 8.

My goal weight is 10 stone so who knows maybe I'll get down to a size 12 then.

My mum is my height and weighs 9st 7lbs and is about a 10-12.

I weigh 17st 5.5lb, am 5ft 4in and am a size 20/22. When i went down to 12st i was a 12/14. I am a pear shape, so I'll always be smaller on top.
Hope that helps x

Back