Dress sizes and weight loss

Serenity01 said:
I think you have to address your biggest problems with food, when I was 16 stone I just felt so out of control, kept doing diets which didnt work... because I didnt stick to them but lied to myself and said I did lol... so I did a diet which took total control of what I ate... I did food replacement... I lost 4 stone but its a really hard diet to do as u have to give up EVERYTHING, but you lose weight fast, I lost 4 stone in just under 5 months.

Then I fell off the wagon and realised that although food replacement got the weight off fast, it didnt teach me how to eat well, when I came off it, I would binge on the food I had turned down and keep saying "make the most of it... i'll go back on the diet tomorrow" so now Im taking control of what I eat and counting calories, properly this time... instead of going "ahh thats about 1 serving" (when it was WAY over) or "thats about so and so cals" (when again... it was WAY off lol) and Im moving more, nothing crazy or which takes over my life, but when I walk the dog, instead of sitting in the park and watching him run around, I keep him on the lead and do a brisk walk for 50mins, instead of sitting on my sofa to watch tv, I sit on the exercise bike and peddle away! I only started on the 1st of May and Ive already lost 7lbs, I know Im not going to lose anywhere near that much every week but its a good kick start.

No one can pick a diet for you, you just have to think about what your major problems with food are and pick a diet which address's that. Good luck :)

I agree I'm calorie counting myself and it helps with my portion control which is probably less than a 3rd of what I used to have I found the 1st and 3rd week the hardest and school hols but they are just times I'm gonna have to control what I eat because it's not just a diet it's a change in lifestyle it's not gonna take over my life it's gonna fit in with it :) good luck on your journey :)

So I am now a stone lighter - 15st4lbs still 5ft6, and the size 18 skinny jeans and bootcuts are both really baggy - needing a belt. However the size 16 bootcuts are too tight - making a muffin top, and some linen trousers (also ASDA) are also a bit too snug. So I must be size 17!

Well done ali!. I hope I'll go down a dress size too at some point ever!

I'm 5'5" and pear shaped. I have tiny shoulders and lose weight on top first. I'm a 34c but two weeks ago I was a 36b. My bottom half takes ages to catch up. 14 on the bottom 12 on top. I'm currently 14st 4. I don't look as heavy as I have a lot of muscle and I'm of a large frame.
When I was 10st 10 I was a size 10 on top and in dresses and a 12 below.
Crazy how it varies after reading this.
However I do remember reading an article showing about 5 different women who were all a size 12, they varied in height by 9-10 inches and weight by a few stone! It's something that is hard to predict!

At last - 5ft 6in and into my size 16 ASDA bootcuts at 15stone 2lbs - no belt needed. Today, a lb lower and needing to hitch up occassionally - so I will need the belt next week, most probably. I wore an M&Co maxi dress at the weekend - no longer tight on the chest.

I couldn't work out why my 36G bras from John Lewis were starting to be loose in the cup whilst my 36Gs from ASDA - but I've just checked and realise that the Fantasies were actually 36GGs - so less suprising.

No size 14 bootcut jeans in ASDA when I popped in - so will have to ty another store as I find it very motivating to have the size down to slim into. Amazing that the 20 skinny jeans are now elephant skin baggy!

Ali

I am exactly 17stone and 5f7 I am wearing size 24 trousers (which I have to wear a belt with but size 22 are to tight!) and size 22 tops. I am apple shape! xxx

I'm 5ft4 and at 12stone I'm a 14 in tops and 16 in bottoms. Last year when I was 11stone 9lb I was a 14 in both. I think it's 10lb per dress size for me.

Oooh thanks, Steph, I hope it's 10lbs. I'm fearing it may be more like over a stone judging by the difference between my size 16s (comfy at 15stone & 5ft 6ins) and the size 14s in the same style that don't really even pull up yet!

How tall are you, newgirl?

Thanks - I was wondering as I think i will be 14 into 12s at 12st 5lbs - those the question is how much my thighs will shrink, and my bust. I'm an 18 in some sizes up top.

I've heard weight goes at different speeds from different places - so there can be a whoosh in inches towards the end. My face is really good - back 20 years apart from the furrows on my brow! My upper arms have just recently lost lots. Most has come off my belly and hips where the ultrasound treatments have been.

Good luck, New Girl!

Yeh i can fit into size 14's too, in january i used to weigh 14 and a half stone and i was a size 18 then. I think i probably am a size 14 i just dont see myself as one yet.

My weight tends to stay on my belly but comes off my face lol! Hoping to lose all over!

Thankyou, good luck to you too! And congrats on your loss so far thats amazing!

I'm delighted to be finally able to comment on a thread like that as I've lost a stone and heading down a dress size :D I often read other replies and try to guess how much should I loose to look like that

I'm 1m71 (5' 7.5'') and at 84kg (185lb) was 14-16 (very very tight 14, nearly 16!!).
Now a stone lighter (78kg, 171lb) I'm 14-12 (comfortable 14 and some 12 fit too)
Pre-babies I used to be 67-68 (150lb) and was comfortable size 10 (all UK sizes)

I always used to be more pear shaped, until I was at my heaviest when I was hourglass, now my boobs are again disappearing way faster than my bum!!!

Back