Dress sizes

curvesncurls

11 lbs off in a month - DE -LIGH- TED!!! Nearly a stone off, but all from my waist, none from my ass, which is where I want it off. Just wondering, how much did people lose before they went down a dress size?

Oh, and as a by the way, next week is * week, what's the average gain you ladies have? Or is it STS?

Thanking you!!
C&C xx

hey hun..well ive lost 1 st 8 lbs in 8 weeks noticing the difference in clothes but as yet havent gone down a size. im not too bothered i have big hips so i know i wont go below a size 12 anyway.im still a 16 but im sure ill drop a size soon enough :)

I think dress sizes are so vague its difficult to tell, I am wearing sizes 18/20/22 and even have 1 size 16 t-shirt. The main thing is you are losing and long may it continue xx

i agree and the sizes differ in most shops anyway a size 12 could be a 14 or 16 in another shop!

I'm top heavy and always lose weight around my backside and tummy first. I'm still 18/20 on top but 14/16 round waist. I hadn't noticed much difference til I started exercising and the muscles are tightening up. I was shopping and walking along when I couldn't take a proper step. I looked down and my skirt was around my ankles! Thank god I was wearing leggings!

Oh Glenda that sounds so funny!! I wish I had been there to see you. I started SW at New Year and you have lost 3 times the amount I have. All I have noticed is that I can get into trousers that were tight a few weeks ago. Don't think I'll ever get below size 16, but I hope not to go back to size 18.

My S/W consultant says 10lb = one dress size but I've found it to be about 1 stone myself. I suppose it just varies. Also I agree about the difference of sizes, I brought a size 12 skirt in peacocks last week and at the same time tried on a pair of size 18 trousers that where far too small ha!

I think it's because the skirt was fitted at the waist and the trousers at the hips. Maybe I'm an hourglass shape underneith all the flab!

My S/W consultant says 10lb = one dress size but I've found it to be about 1 stone myself. I suppose it just varies. Also I agree about the difference of sizes, I brought a size 12 skirt in peacocks last week and at the same time tried on a pair of size 18 trousers that where far too small ha!

I think it's because the skirt was fitted at the waist and the trousers at the hips. Maybe I'm an hourglass shape underneith all the flab!

If thats the case by the time I've finished I will be a size 2 lol

i have lost a stone and it all seems to have gone from my thighs

which means i cannot buy smaller size trousers yet (due to the big belly) but the ones i do have look stupidly baggy

so i have had to buy more in size 16 but a more fitted cut

I can't wait to drop a dress size. Lost 1st 1.5lb so far and my size 16s are still fitting me. Some things feel more comfortable, but not loose enough for me to have the confidence to try on a 14!

I can't wait to get into a 14 for the first time since I was about 15!!

My S/W consultant says 10lb = one dress size but I've found it to be about 1 stone myself.

it also depends on whether when you started you were kidding yourself on your dress size and squeezing into the size below or had just stretched your clothes a little lol i kidded myself i was still a size 22 and not a 24 , after 3 stone 3.5lb loss i can get into 18,20 and 22's just depends on what shop they are from;)

I lost a stone and a half before i went from a size 18 to a 16. This was in shops like new look. Now im a size 14 in new look but a 16 in river island. But when i looked at the sizing, new look says "A size 16 is a 44" and river island say "A size 16 is a 42". So i guess im wearing a size 14 in both stores?? I know i definatly wouldnt get into a river island version of a size 14 lol! xxx

Vanity sizing is incredibly different from store to store and can be confusing and sorry to say this missleading. I know i have come down from a size 22/24 to a 18/20 and have lost all together 16.5lb :D. I have a lot of cloths form when i was smaller but my first clothing goal, size wise, is a top shop size 14 which tbh is more like a 12 anywhere else :D

I must of been really kidding myself I was a size 24 as I have lost 4 1/2 stone and now I'm an 18.

It's so nice to shop in normal shops now but I still look forward to shopping in the skinny shops.
X

I had lost a stone by Christmas and the new clothes i bought were all a size 14. I wasn't a snug 16 though by any means...i am almost at 1.5st now (had a rubbish couple of months with SW tbh), i think i will need another stone off before i drop to a 12.

In total from losing weight before Slimming World and to date I have lost 2.5 stone, and have only moved down 1 dress size. Now my 20's are feeling too big and falling down, but I am still too large for an 18.

it also depends on whether when you started you were kidding yourself on your dress size and squeezing into the size below or had just stretched your clothes a little lol i kidded myself i was still a size 22 and not a 24 , after 3 stone 3.5lb loss i can get into 18,20 and 22's just depends on what shop they are from;)

Ive noticed my clothes are getting looser , i have lost just over 1 stone , but cant get into a smaller size because i suspect these clothes streched as I grew !!

My c also said 10lbs is a dress size. I have found this to be true, used to be a size 16 but my 14 jeans are beginning to feel a lot more comfy! Still got about a stone to go though, want to get into a size 12 then I will be happy.

it also depends on whether when you started you were kidding yourself on your dress size and squeezing into the size below

Defo agree with this, largest clothes I ever owned were a few pairs of size 24 jeans but at my biggest I couldn't zip them up and so just used to wear them with a long top. Wish I had kept them now!

Back