Dress sizes

I lost 2 stone on the plan before. Was a 21 - 20s wouldn't fit, 22s were too loose, but I wore them. Found it ok to drop pounds, but hard to drop a dress size. Two stone off, I dropped to an 18.

11 pounds off, some size 18s still too small, some fine, some too loose. Mind you, SOd's flippin law, it's all come off my waist, leaving me with big boobs and big ass and thighs - the places you want it off are always the last places it flippin comes off! I said on this site before, it's looking like I'm gonna end up looking like a blow-up doll! :rolleyes:

Mind you, suppose it worked in reverse too - put on two stone before I went up a dress size...:eek:

I remember joining WW years ago at 16st 6lbs and was a size 22.
I joined Slimming World in May at 16st 4lbs and a was a size 18/20 (shop dependant)
I lost 7lbs and got into a size 16 FCUK dress! (that fitted nice!) infact i bought TWO!
I lost 1st 10lbs and was still a size 16, ive since gained 10lbs and back to size 18, but it wont be long! (most of 16s still fit) x

So far I've lost 1 stone 8lbs and have dropped two dress sizes on my bottoms and no change in my top size...I think it just depends on the person.

I mainly shop in new look because I know what size I am there so can just buy without trying anything on. I don't like that different shops have different sizes for the 'same' size. There should definately be some sort of convention between all clothes retailers!

I've found that I have dropped sizes about every 10% weight loss, wish it was a size per 10lb though, as that would make me a size 10

I think this is really interesting... I was a "good" size 16, probably more an 18 when I started.

2st 10lb off and I'm still a 16, my work blouses are still an 18 (boobs not shrinking enough) and I'd never get a 14 trousers over my hips! I'm still wearing the jeans I wore to my first WI, for WI now!

Makes me wonder where all the weight has gone from x x

This is really good topic! Almost 2years ago lost 2stone through bein sick and went from an 18-16, then got ether ANd put it all back on to a size 18 sometimes 20 in sum shops! Have lost 1stone 3.5lb now and my work trousers which are 18 are all hangin off me but wen I put on a 16 they are two tight on my flabby belly! Also my chest in the last 2years has gone from a 38e to a 36g!!!! So still an 18 for my chest!!!!! I'm dreamin of the day I'l make it into a 14 all over!!!!

I started in oct with size 24 Evans clothes- lost 3st 4 & into size 18 principles jeans - I'm dying to buy something from riverisland- never been able to b4!

I think it depends where the weight is, I'm a size 26/28 and although my clothes are getting looser on the waist it'll take a bomb to get it off my hips, also that 10lbs a size doesn't take into consideration that you may lose it from your arms and lower legs too?

I noticed it took ages for my arms/face to get fat and I'm hoping it go from there first as I hate looking like someone pumped up my head with a bicycle pump! At the moment all the weight is disappearing from my rib cage area lol

I started SW as a tight size 14 and have lost 2st 13.5lbs and now a size 8.... And in some shops ie next even a size 6 :eek:

I think it really does on the person and also the shop.

Nikki<3 - OMG you only ever gained once and that was only 0.5lb gain!!! that is amazing. Other then your birthday are you always on plan? Whats you secret, what days do you do?

Sorry its just I am looking at a gain tonight, it is * week but thats no excuse as I have never gained before because of that, only gained because I can't stop eating.
So I am looking for so inspiration :D

Amy2249 said:
Nikki<3 - OMG you only ever gained once and that was only 0.5lb gain!!! that is amazing. Other then your birthday are you always on plan? Whats you secret, what days do you do?

Sorry its just I am looking at a gain tonight, it is * week but thats no excuse as I have never gained before because of that, only gained because I can't stop eating.
So I am looking for so inspiration :D

Thanks hun :)

I was actually quite gutted with gain...but only because I weighed in a day early and know if I'd gone on my usual Tuesday id have STS.
To be honest I tend to just stay clear of green days, I love meat and fruit and can just easily get along with big salads etc.
I tend to have some days over my syns and some days have non at all. I also find (and I know I shouldn't do it) but weighing myself daily helps, ifi see a gain I know what I can do to get rid of it in time for WI.

I think something just flicked on in my head back in the summer and now I don't feel like I need to eat the flake Easter egg that has been sat on my worktop.

It has been hard but now I can see the results I don't ever want to go back there!

You can do it hun and unfortunately us women have to put up with the dreaded *week and just work through it. Plan you day, get your free foods ready and then get 15syns worth of treats, keep them in you bag and you know your always prepared!

Good luck :)

Ive noticed my clothes are getting looser , i have lost just over 1 stone , but cant get into a smaller size because i suspect these clothes streched as I grew !!

I totally agree with this

My jeans and trousers are so baggy its not nice however I went shopping today to buy some new ones and size 16s were still too tight :cry:but the bottoms I have at the moment are 18's and are too big :confused: I think they most definitely have stretched.

I just want to be able to go into a shop and pick up a size 16 jeans or trousers and for them to fit and be comfortable and then I'll be heading for my size 14 Topshop bottoms - my main goal.

10lbs a dress size???!!! I wish - at that rate I should be a 14 by this stage, not an 18. Agree that it just depends, I don't think I'd even look good at below a size 14(my goal) cos of my child-bearing hips:cry:, I think I'd look sick. But would be nice to have a little glimmer of size 16 looking back at me to spur me on!!

As for the clothes, I dream of being able to sit down and not have my jeans do a builder's bum cos my waist can't keep them up, but my hips and thighs aren't in the same postcode as the next size down. I'm at that horrible stage that they're hanging off me, just cupping the belly that's hanging down, framing it perfectly! Nice.Ah well, after the probable gain tomorrow night, it'll be back to toning, free foods and small amounts of chocolate...

I definitely disagree for me personally 10lbs loss didnt mean i dropped a dress size in fact it was alot more think my height may of had something to do with it though as i feel my weight hasnt come from just one specific area but all over im 2lb off 5 stone and ive dropped 1 confidently, nearly 2 dress sizes....annoyed yep! But i no if i persevere i will get there in the end!! X

It took me 2 stone to officially drop a dress size, after about 1.5 stone I could fit into size 16 work trousers but 2 stone to get into size 16 supper skinnys lol x I think it depends on your build etc x

I hate looking like someone pumped up my head with a bicycle pump!

That made me lmao.

It's very true that sweeping statements like 10lb=one dress size can be very disheartening if that's just not the way you lose weight. With me it starts at the top and works it's way down so my face goes thin first, then my boobs>waist>hips>bum and finally my thighs.

I'm a pear shape and would love for it to drop off my legs first of all. I absolutely hate my thighs. I find buying trousers a nightmare because in comparison to my hips/thighs I have a small waist so to buy something that fits over them they're always baggy on the waist, leading to constantly unattractive builder's bum.

I must of been really kidding myself I was a size 24 as I have lost 4 1/2 stone and now I'm an 18.

It's so nice to shop in normal shops now but I still look forward to shopping in the skinny shops.
X

Snap! Was a size 24, lost nearly 2 stones down to size 18 now, I love the feeling of walking into most shops now, just can't wait to be size 12.

Back