Drinking too much?

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
Is there such a thing?

I have my usual 2L of water a day, but I sometimes have extra drinks on top of that.... Just wondered if you can drink too much?

(I am talking non-alcoholic here.... coming from the woman who would think nothing of Drinking 15 pints of cider in a day! :rolleyes:)

i now drink 2lt of water at work, bout 4 glasses of squash at home and 6 mugs of green tea :) more you drink the more you slim!

Yeah I'm the same. I drink at least 2l water, plus endless tea and coffee...

There are cases of people who have drank too much fluids and died as a result but we are talking about huge amounts there. 2l or more is absolutely fine, so carry on drinking as it will do you good.

Yes it is possible to drink too much, but you are nowhere near that point, so don't worry!

People have been known to die from a condition known as "water intoxication" or "hyponatraemia". But this occurs when too much water is drunk too quickly, and the body cannot process it.

You may remember the sad case of Leah Betts, who died after taking an ecstasy tablet. But it was not just the ecstasy that killed her (although it was a contributory factor). Because she had been told that it was necessary to drink a lot of water after taking ecstasy, she apparently drank about 7 litres in less than 2 hours. (The "lots of water" advice is meant for people who are dancing at raves, and she wasn't.)

We need about 2.5 litres of fluid a day, but that can include other drinks, and some of our fluid needs are met by the water content of fruit and vegetables.

Thank you :) I do remember reading in the paper a few years ago about a little old lady who drank too much water and died :( I do also remember Leah Betts.

I think I just picked something up on another thread somewhere, smeone saying they'd been drinking their 2L and 5 cups of G.Tea a day, and someone asked if they were over doing it? Forums can sometimes be the greatest places ever, sometimes they can make you paranoid too if you don't read them right lol!

Back