Drinking

I did one week of refeed and drank and it was fine

So pleased I read this thread...I will def be sticking to water! x

I did lipotrim a few years ago and drank nearly every weekend on it, vodka diet coke only and gin and slimline tonic, lost 2 stone in about 8 weeks 12stone 8 to 10 stone 10. I'd drink sat night and back on shakes Sunday, and by sun night/ Monday morn I'd be back in ketosis.

Not drinking this time for the only reason that my 5 month old baby is teething and I'm too tired to go out

My sister in law went out and drank to much in ketosis landed up passing out, fitting on the floor lost all her bodily functions was rushed to A & E. It was very scary, she was poorly for week afterwards, not worth it.

Crikey dolly, hope she's ok. Thanks for sharing that, it'll keep me on the straight and narrow when my pushy friends start on at me :break_diet:

Hi Lavender Girl,

Drinking and doing a vlcd is a big NO, NO. Sorry:(

Yep happened to my sister in law on nite got drunk passed out and not to be to crude she let go of all her bodily functions, was taken to hospital how embarrassing. Released next day red faced, she didn't realise couldn't drink in ketosis, shame but she learnt the hard way. X

Omg that must have been terrifying :(.. Lipotrim should really have a warning about what might happen if you drink alcohol while in ketosis.

Just started LT the same time as you and I'm around the same weight how are finding it xD

Oh God, I was going to have a couple of drinks for Halloween but this thread has scared me straight. Ahhh there's a boy I really like and he really wants to go out and get drunk together and I don't want to explain to him that I'm on TFR.

I think maybe I'll just drink sparkling water and pretend it's G&T :-(. (I know i could just tell him I don't want to drink but I want him to think I'm cool ahahhhhhh I'm such a girl lol).

no you dont want to get drunk. i had some alcohol once many years ago whilst on this and was almost comotose. it was frightening you should not drink whilst doing a vlcd.

sparkling water is best they wont know :)

h x

I know, I know, sigh, I read the big terrifying thing on page one of this thread. SIGH!!

Fine, sparkling water it is, arghhhh. Stupid tfr lol.

WOW so glad I read the notes from Mini. I was thinking of having a glass of wine on my daughters birthday meal.

If I have a drink does that mean my body is no longer in Ketosis and I have to start the whole process again?

If I have a drink does that mean my body is no longer in Ketosis and I have to start the whole process again?

Hi Deepa, I really wouldn't have that drink! :( After sticking this out for 4-7 days to get into ketosis you really don't want to risk something so small making you have to start all over again. I've also heard it's very dangerous to drink while in ketosis. Any kind of cheat slows down your weight loss even if it doesn't knock you out of ketosis completely so I'd stick to my guns.

Hi everyone,

I did lipotrim last year and lost a total of 7 and a half stone. During the last phase of the diet I started going out and drinking, maybe once a week. I found it had absolutely no adverse effect on me. I would only be able to have about 3 or 4 glasses each time before I felt a bit sick because of no food. But it didn't make me feel ill or anything. I'd have prosecco or wine normally and although it may have slowed down my weight loss slightly, I was still losing like 3lb a week whilst drinking at the weekends

Back