"Drop a Dress Size" - What does it mean?

Freedom Pass

Tidying some magazines, I spotted the strapline "Drop a dress size in 2 weeks" Took a quick look, seems the magazine think that 7 pounds is a dress size!
Not on me.

At 14.7, my size 18's were becoming tight. At 13.2, my 18's are loose, but most 16's are not possible yet.
What is your experience? Do you drop sizes quicker as you get smaller?

There's no way 7lbs loss would equal a dress size for me!! It seems to take a huge loss for me to drop a size in trousers :( i lose weight much more easily off my top...i suppose it depends on body shape etc.? x

On here its been discussed on how much to drop a size. If I remember correctly its 2 dress sizes per stone when wearing sizes over 20 then once under that a size a stone. Also dresses fit differently to trousers as most dresses don't need a waist measurement.

I feel personally its all a load of rubbish as my top half is bigger then my hips because my boobs are huge. So at the moment I'm a 14 on my bottom half top half I can wear a stretchy tee but if its not stretchy its has to be a 16 if not 18 depends on the shop.

But all that aside 7lbs is not a dress size.

It took me well over two stone at the start to drop a size, but now I drop a size in 7-10lb. But also I can see a massive difference now when I lose 7lb but at the beginning you couldn't see a 7lb loss.

I've lost just over a stone so far and have dropped from a 28 to a 26. From what i remember a size 20 for me is roughly 15 stone so i have 4 stone to go to drop 3 sizes if that works out right then. (cant wait to get into the 18s and down again!)

I wish it was 7lbs! That would be great!

Just jumping in here from s&s board, I once heard a dress size was 12lbs.. I reckon it must also depend on lots of other factors like height, shape, and where on the spectrum of each size you are. For me 12lbs-1st does seem to make a dress size, but its a sketchy area.

Back