Drunken (and general) rambling thread :-)

Hmmm been quiet today where you all been lol

Been AWOL for a few days, granddaughter has colic and I've been assisting. My DD is still in panic mode regarding her DD and I am (hopefully) a calming influence. Her partner is back to work nextweek, he has his own business, and I will be going in every day to help out, so won't be on here much apart from the evenings.

Tonight I am having a medicinal v & t to help things along, lol

Been AWOL for a few days, granddaughter has colic and I've been assisting. My DD is still in panic mode regarding her DD and I am (hopefully) a calming influence. Her partner is back to work nextweek, he has his own business, and I will be going in every day to help out, so won't be on here much apart from the evenings.

Tonight I am having a medicinal v & t to help things along, lol
Oh I remember when my oldest had colic cor she screamed for england. I just had to pace the floor for hours with her.

Hope the colic is just paying a quick visit.

I too am hoping its just a short term thing, as she is such a good little thing, and will sleep if she's not in pain. I spent the night with them, and got her off to sleep at 1am after a midnight feed, and she slept till gone 6am, had a feed and a change and back to sleep again at 7am till half past 10. So can't complain there, but its just the colic that is unsettling her at the moment.

I too am hoping its just a short term thing, as she is such a good little thing, and will sleep if she's not in pain. I spent the night with them, and got her off to sleep at 1am after a midnight feed, and she slept till gone 6am, had a feed and a change and back to sleep again at 7am till half past 10. So can't complain there, but its just the colic that is unsettling her at the moment.

Aww bless you just feel so helpless when they are so young.

Thanks you two, just want to help and not "interfere". J, DD's partner has said he is quite happy for me to be there, and wouldn't rest going to work if DD was on her own. I have told them to tell me if I outstay my welcome, but I feel at the moment it is a steep learning curve for all of us! She is such a beautiful little thing, and it really breaks my heart to see her in pain, she really really cries and I feel so helpless - I would do anything to take the pain away from her

bless ya cheryl ,hope little one settles and they all get a good nights sleep.Everything seems slightly easyier dosnt it when everyones slept.:)

I am on my second, or is it third -lol, vodka and tonic (slimline of course) and starting to chill out. I am knackered tho, must have walked miles these past few days just pacing up and down with Charlotte. I have the day off tomorrow as J is home with DD so will catch up on shopping, housework and washing. God, I forgot how much babies throw up on you, have changed my clothes sooooo many times these past few days. Then, of course, I will have to catch up sometime on the ironing of said clothes!

My posts may get a bit more rambling as the evening/night goes on lol xxx

Thanks you two, just want to help and not "interfere". J, DD's partner has said he is quite happy for me to be there, and wouldn't rest going to work if DD was on her own. I have told them to tell me if I outstay my welcome, but I feel at the moment it is a steep learning curve for all of us! She is such a beautiful little thing, and it really breaks my heart to see her in pain, she really really cries and I feel so helpless - I would do anything to take the pain away from her

Ahhh I am sure they know you are there to help if they need it. My mum was there for me with my kids when they were babies and it was a huge help. As for the Mother in law she just use to walk in and take baby off me with out asking and feed and change her with out asking even if I had just done it. GRRRRRRRRRRRR She even use to stand there and watch me wash the bottles to make sure I washed and steralised them proply.

I am on my second, or is it third -lol, vodka and tonic (slimline of course) and starting to chill out. I am knackered tho, must have walked miles these past few days just pacing up and down with Charlotte. I have the day off tomorrow as J is home with DD so will catch up on shopping, housework and washing. God, I forgot how much babies throw up on you, have changed my clothes sooooo many times these past few days. Then, of course, I will have to catch up sometime on the ironing of said clothes!

My posts may get a bit more rambling as the evening/night goes on lol xxx

LOL, dont worry about rambling you enjoy your drink.:party0036:

Its so hard to strike the right balance, I am mum to DD but a mother in law to J, so I don't want to overstep the mark if you see what I mean. There's a lot of history with my DD too, and a lot went on in her life prior to this "settled" period and I don't want anything to tip her back the wrong way.

I haven't posted anything to do with her prior life, but it has been horrendous, very frightening and extremely serious, so I don't want anything to set her off down on THAT path again. That is why I am doing what I can to keep everything on an even keel. Having said that, I couldn't do all of this without the support of hubby, who has been a total rock these past few days and is behind me 110%. Thank god for him xxx

Back