1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Dry and Crunchy?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Teaandtoast, 11 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Teaandtoast

Teaandtoast New Member

Hello, I'm a big fan of SW. It really suits me. The only thing is I crave some dry and crunchy foods. For example apples can be very crunchy but are wet! I imagine all the free and super free food is owing to its high water content (whilst also obviously low sugar, fat etc). So I have found half HEXb of bran flakes on fruit and yoghurt helps with the other half on half the Ryvita HEXb - I.e. 17g bran flakes and 2 dark rye Ryvita.
    Does anyone else find this or does anyone have any cunning ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Superfree Princess

Superfree Princess Well-Known Member

Yep, Im exactly the same. Sw chips help, melba toast is a good one too and only half a sin each. Oh and sometimes I overcook bacon too so its crunchy, adds another texture to salad and veg :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

4. PeggyDee

PeggyDee Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the same cravings for dry and crunchy.
    I love the bitesize Nestle honey nut shredded wheat without milk or yoghurt. 30g is a HEB and I eat them for breakfast or as a late night snack if I have not yet had my HEB. The honey nut gives them a lovely flavour. But I have always liked dry cereals (maybe I'm just weird :rolleyes:).
    There are also a few lowish syn snacks like Walkers baked crisps (5syns per 25g bag), or snack-a-jacks (5.5 syns per 25g bag).
    Several different types of nuts can fulfil your HEB requirements but each different type has a different amount, you can find these in your book.

5. jo.b

jo.b Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I get uncooked poppadoms (meant to be fried) but I microwave them (1 at a time) on a sheet of kitchen towel for 30 seconds....half a syn each and lovely and crunchy. Delicious dipped in some free yoghurt, mint and cucumber dipped.