****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, Sarah, I am so sorry you cant make that date. It would have been so lovely to meet you after all this time.

Now for a laugh.

I dont fancy Ruinair. There are no other direct flights from Portugal. I looked at Expedia and TAP an I would need to go to Heathrow, Madrid etc and change to fly to Dublin. Prices vary from £170 to £250 and take from 7.5 to 9+ hours. No mention of BA anywhere.

So ( and this is where the laugh comes in) I checked the BA website. The cheapest they can do it is £914.76 and no quicker on the time scale.

Do you think that they will still be in business in September trying to charge those prices?

I really think that I ought to combine the trip to Dublin with a visit to friends in England.

Pam xxx

That is the only one in Sept I can't do!

Oh deary me... well if everyone can put the dates in that they can do or at least say whether that date suits them or not and if they are defo gonna go then we can arrange something. There is no point in people saying that dates don't suit them if they aren't gonna go if that makes sense????

Be great if everyone can make it but I know that is never gonna be possible.

So I am going to do a new poll I think for a weekend that weekend in september or a the weekend of the 15/16 october. What do people think?? Once the date is set there will be no more messing around like this cos I know all this is annoying for people.

Sure let me know anyways :D

Hopefully I can make either September or October. I shall be coming whether a certain someone is happy or not. And he can babysit my Mum.

My only thoughts on September were that the weather would be better and before the nights started drawing in too much..

Pam xxx

I also prefer September (any date) but won't be able to come in October cos I'm in Portugal... and the date you mention, Gen, is when Nikki gets married :D

xxx

Has there been an affirmative on the date yet? I need to book my flight and my hotel [Camden Court Hotel ;)] - Expedia are telling me £333 for 17-19 Sept (flights & hotel).

For my 2p, would prefer August; it's warm - October in Ireland doesn't fill me with joy - done it many times and the weather really is quite hit 'n' miss. Also too close in time to when I fly to Jamaica.

Pls let me know your plans.

Thanks.

P.S - Would I be the only person coming on the Friday? Ireland is too nice a place to go for one night....

Last edited:
I also prefer September (any date) but won't be able to come in October cos I'm in Portugal... and the date you mention, Gen, is when Nikki gets married :D

xxx

The October date is when Ms nephew gets married too.

Well guys it looks like it is September it seems to suit most.

17th to 19th September with the main meet up on the Saturday 18th - venue to be decided.

CC I would say you would get a much nicer hotel than the camden deluxe especially now with the prices being so low. I would maybe hold off on the hotel booking just now... but of course that is totally up to yourself!!

So that is the date I am suggesting..... I will be here... will you :D:D:D

xxx

I'm definitely there with you 17th September :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yay I love to see people putting their names down. Unfortunately there is never a way a meet can suit everyone and I did try my best to accommodate changes but it just wasn't happening.

So I am gonna start a list here and if I have missed ya please jot ur name down and just copy and paste in ur reply. I think for now if you are just interested still put ur name down and maybe a % of how likely it is you will be there or not. The only reason I am saying this is because the last few meets were arranged and then loads backed out at the last minute and the meets didn't happen so I suppose its just so people know who is defo gonna be there. And also for those booking flights/accommodation it is very important a meet doesn't fall through if all is booked. Does that make sense or seem like a good idea???

I am gonna start the list in my next post to avoid confusion :D:D

Back