****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And me!! x :D

And me :D

Aha, found it. I'm going to try my best to gatecrash :)

Need to sort children out, check flight prices and hotels - has anyone booked anywhere yet ?

I think an hotel needs to be decided on at this stage. What are "we" looking for? Central, or just out, (cheaper if just out, I dont mean way out, Im thinking ballsbridge Gen??) there are the d4 hotels, fairly basic but would do, or P and I stayed in an hotel in Temple bar, and it was really nice, and very reasonable. Would be nice to be central to save busses and taxis if we go into town. Sorry Gen, not trying to take over, just pondering!!!!
I dont mind doing homework if anyone wants me to!
xx

I think an hotel needs to be decided on at this stage. What are "we" looking for? Central, or just out, (cheaper if just out, I dont mean way out, Im thinking ballsbridge Gen??) there are the d4 hotels, fairly basic but would do, or P and I stayed in an hotel in Temple bar, and it was really nice, and very reasonable. Would be nice to be central to save busses and taxis if we go into town. Sorry Gen, not trying to take over, just pondering!!!!
I dont mind doing homework if anyone wants me to!
xx

Oh Clarri work away.... what hotel in temple bar did you stay in???

Yeah the D4 hotels are great but might be a bit far out..... maybe the mespil or somewhere like that???

Yeah I think its a good time to start looking at hotels xxx

YAY for you laydeeeess..... I get all excited when I think about this lovely meet. I'm away now to put the dates is my diary! :D

I was going to post that I think I snore so did not think anyone would want to share with me. lol

This is the conversation I had with M this morning.

M: Did you sleep well?
Me: Yes, I think so but only you can say whether I snored or not.
M: Well actually, you have not snored for some time. :)

So I mentioned that Clarri had asked about if people wanted to share or not on the Dublin trip.

M: "Oh, so you are still planning leaving me here with your Mother and going off? Surely you would want to have a room to yourself? Oh, on second thoughts, I have a tiddlywinks convention that weekend in Eastbourne. "

MEN!!!!

Pam xxx

Lol Pam, I was going to say that I may snore (so my children tell me) !!

I've also realised that my passport has expired so I need to renew it :rolleyes:

Ahh, I've got a photo driving license - I wasn't sure if a passport was needed for Ireland but I'll renew it anyway - I might need it to go somewhere else !!

Lol Pam, I was going to say that I may snore (so my children tell me) !!

I've also realised that my passport has expired so I need to renew it :rolleyes:

As far as I know, you only need drivers licence for travel between England and Ireland, but its handy to have the passport anyway!!
xx

I was about to say that Clarri. I do know that my daughter and her family travel to and from Ireland without passports and my grandaughters would not even have driving licences.

Don't worry about the snoring, Caws. lol

Pam xxx

Snoring? erm I've never heard me doing it :8855:

When my mate and I flew to Cork 2 years ago we were told we definitely needed a passport. Maybe it's only Northern Ireland that you don't need one. On the other hand I was going to fly Easy Jet to Scotland in 2005 and didn't think I'd need a passport for that either and they said I did! Best if you find out for sure rather than be disappointed at the last minute x

Snoring? erm I've never heard me doing it :8855:

I know it sounds daft but I have heard me doing it - when I'm in a light sleep on the sofa - you know, the power nap type of thing ;) x

I know it sounds daft but I have heard me doing it - when I'm in a light sleep on the sofa - you know, the power nap type of thing ;) x

:8855: :8855: I've actually woken myself up before with mine!! Mind you that was sitting up asleep in a car (that's my excuse anyway!! ;)) x

Back