****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um, well, it is agreed then..... we all snore.

:8855::8855:

xxx

When my mate and I flew to Cork 2 years ago we were told we definitely needed a passport. Maybe it's only Northern Ireland that you don't need one. On the other hand I was going to fly Easy Jet to Scotland in 2005 and didn't think I'd need a passport for that either and they said I did! Best if you find out for sure rather than be disappointed at the last minute x

I would feel better having it I think and intended to renew it - it's just the getting round to filling the form in and taking it to the Post Office (I'd rather pay the extra £6 or whatever to do it through them)

I know it sounds daft but I have heard me doing it - when I'm in a light sleep on the sofa - you know, the power nap type of thing ;) x

Gosh, sleeping habits revealed - at various times I grunt, groan, laugh and talk - I shouldn't really be saying all this when I may have to share a room with some poor person :8855:

Oh dear Jools - I hope you weren't driving at the time x

Haha Gem. Fortunately not but I gave the driver a fright too! :eek: x

Justa word of caution re the passport - I was due to fly a whileback and didn't have an up to date passport. I was told by a mate that I didn't need one just needed ID. Not the case - It needs to be photographic ID and even then only certain things are valid. Check the airlines web site. I had to go home :(

xx

Ya - a date has been agreed and decided - count me in!!! Have people booked yet??

Cool clarri... did you say you stayed somewhere in temple bar that was ok?????

There are loads of hotels within a 2-3 mile radius of dublin city centre.... in fact even closer.

For now I would say check out the following:

- Camden court hotel, camden street
- hilton hotel, charlemont street
- The morgan hotel, dublin 2
- Buswells, Dublin 2

I will have a look at these too over the next day or two and see if any would be best

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cool clarri... did you say you stayed somewhere in temple bar that was ok?????

There are loads of hotels within a 2-3 mile radius of dublin city centre.... in fact even closer.

For now I would say check out the following:

- Camden court hotel, camden street
- hilton hotel, charlemont street
- The morgan hotel, dublin 2
- Buswells, Dublin 2

I will have a look at these too over the next day or two and see if any would be best

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, you Irish lasses are now getting super fit but I hope you are not expecting us to walk 2-3 miles to the city centre. Lol

Pam xxx

I'M not gonna make this trip but when I was looking @ Hotels, the Best Western looked really nice - was really reasonable too & just round the corner from Temple Bar on the river.

I saw an add in the free metro yesterday offering a special weekend offer at Temple Bar Hotel - worth a look....

Hotel Breaks Dublin, Hotel Deals Dublin, Hotel Special Offers Dublin

That doesn't look bad at all. It works out at about £220 for a twin room for the Friday and Saturday night - with brekkie! :D

Can there be a list done up who is going so i can see please as im interested in going.

I'm still keen! I checked out Ryanair flights yesterday and the prices aren't too bad at the moment.

Anyone fancy a room share? (Oh, and I don't snore ... apparently :p)

Hi all I think its about time we did a definite list for who is going to attend this meet so people who need to book flights/hotels etc can get organised :D:D

So I will start and if everyone can just copy the list and add their name to it then we should get a good picture of who are the definites.

List so far :

Gen :D

Hi all I think its about time we did a definite list for who is going to attend this meet so people who need to book flights/hotels etc can get organised :D:D

So I will start and if everyone can just copy the list and add their name to it then we should get a good picture of who are the definites.

List so far :

Gen :D
Pam :D

Back