****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also it needs to be somewhere fairly easy to get to from the airport - to be honest €150 for the night would be too expensive for me :(

The Maldron hotel is the more reasonable but there is no availability on the Saturday night. A lot of the hotels I saw on Expedia were very expensive on the Saturday night compared to Friday and Sunday. So as you say something is on that day.

Pam

I think with expensive hotels I'm gonna have to say no, not this time but its on the cards for another time - I would still love to come over x

I had planned to come over on the Saturday morning as I don't think I can come on Friday.

The apartment looks nice though and I don't mind sharing :)

Looks a bit better Clarri - will check with my mate x

Thanks for doing the "leg work" Clarri x

I saw several lots of apartments when I was looking but dont know whereabouts they are situated, so thanks Clarri.

I shall be flying into Dublin on Friday morning (hopefully) and wont be leaving until Monday morning as the Aer Lingus flight to Lisbon is very early in the morning. If we stay at the apartments I could always stay in one of the hotels at the airport on the Sunday night as I shall have to be up very early on the Monday.

Pam xxx

It's not looking very promising for us. It's really expensive and I could be about to have a cut in pay just at an expensive time - so sorry x

Well I've booked Ryan Air flights from Stansted - £15 there and £20 back, going over Saturday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon :D

Ooohhhh need to look at flights today..... am feeling excited now :D

Are people just staying Saturday night or are some staying Friday night too? x :confused:

Well I've booked Ryan Air flights from Stansted - £15 there and £20 back, going over Saturday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon :D
Whoo hoo!!

Are people just staying Saturday night or are some staying Friday night too? x :confused:
I think a bit of both Jools.

Can I make a request. I dont want to be pushy but we really need to get accommodation booked, but would be reluctant to before definite figures IYKWIM. I think, as Caws has done, the sooner flights are booked, the cheaper they will be, and the same with accommodation. Im going to have a scooch around again today to see if there are any other options.
xx

Thanks Clarri - the flights I'm looking at arrive early Sat morning and leave Sunday evening so it'll just be the one night accomodation for me. I'm asking Ches if she'd like to come too but if she's not confirmed by this afternoon I'm booking my flights anyways :) xx

Woop Woop... my flights are booked! :D

Good old Ryanair from East Mids.... £5 out (no taxes) and £13.99 back - they are sooooo sneaky.... even though no taxes or booking fee for the £5 outbound they charged £5 admin fee.... and £5 admin fee on the return......

Can't grumble though as TOTAL fare is £33.49 return... great result huh?

I'm mega excited already... goodness only knows how I'll be on the day :8855:

Oh how exciting, people are booked and the lovely Miss Hope is one of them - can't wait to meet you all!!!!!

I think Clarri is right and accomodation needs to get sorted asap, i will have another scout around this eve and see what i can find!

It looks as though I need not come on Friday is no one else is and leae it until Saturday morning. I cant leave until Monday though because afer a night on the town in Dublin I could not get a 6.30am flight on Sunday. Perhaps I should kid Hope into letting me stay at hers Friday and fly over with her on Saturday. lol

Pam xxx

Back