Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Morning all!

Well, despite all the odds I was up this morning doing day 4 of the shred and I think the rest yesterday did me the world of good. The cardio felt easier and the strength felt er, stronger. I enjoyed it actually. Feel very virtuous and even as I was getting dressed for the workout I can see my body shape slightly altered. More muscle definition in arms and my horrible flabby tummy. My waist is shrinking too.

So last night was lovely to be honest. A nice walk with the dog and husband (kids at aunties), a nice tea and a good old swig or 4 of gin and slims!

So after my workout I had porridge with cinnamon, raisins and sunflower seeds with a cup of tea and 2 pints of water. - yumm!

Just waiting for husband to finish his run and we're off for a walk with the dog - up a very big hill!

How healthy and virtuous I am this Sunday!!! Loving bank holidays and zero uni work to do, I feel like a different person!

Thanks Frona - I am! A combo of no uni crap, bank holiday, exercise etc!

So today has been exhausting!

Up at 8 to do day 5 of the shred - felt lots easier today with me being able to do all the cardio - pushed myself hard and now I can do it all I will do it every day.
After that we went to blackpool sandcastle with the girls - a lovely, tiring, funny, expensive day and full of food. We ended up having lunch in there (should have taken a picnic!) so I had a tuna sandwich with crisps and a sugary drink (for energy)... I also had a twirl with a coffee.

Another 3 hours of splashing, swimming, diving, sliding etc and we were ravenous so had fish and chips by the sea - lovely sea air and sunshine too! I couldn't eat all my chips and fish and actually gave some to my hungry kids! Was very pleased with myself. ..... UNTIL- I went to pound land for some drinks and came out with bags of sweets - and demolished a bag of eclairs (with husband and kids help) and some cheap crap until I felt sick!!! Bloody hell :-(

Anyway - I did my exercise and tons in the sandcastle and so I'll live - down day tomorrow and doing day 6.

Hope everyone is good and enjoyed their bank holiday x

Hey guys,

Down day has gone well. Up early to do day 6 of the shred and it felt good.

Breakfast was porridge as I can't exercise like that and skip a meal!

Lunch was a sugar free fizzy vimto and some water. Felt much better skipping lunch than breakfast. Ill be doing this in the future.

Tea was an egg on toast and a pack of ww crisps. I did have 2 tsps if sweetcorn as I got the girls tea ready! Devil.

Just got into bed with a large glass of lemonade and some popcorn but I don't think I'll have the snack - not really hungry so I can do without.

Work was boring... I came home and tackled the ironing and the girls wardrobes out to keep me occupied and then a nice chill out in bed. If I stay downstairs I am tempted to eat.

I've made my lunch for tomorrow. - large salad with low fat feta cheese... Looking forward to it already!

Hope you are all well,

Kellmo x

Hi,

I'm ok - nothing positive to report/write home about and so I've not updated. I'm still shredding - just about to get up and do day 9 but I have been eating rather a lot and don't want to weigh myself. I spent FAR too much money this month and I felt really guilty and the very first thing I did to comfort myself was eat - ridiculous eh? It just made me feel better - I don't know what else would have done that (other than somehow earning that money back!) I don't feel guilty about the eating but I wished I hadn't, it's just 2 steps forward - 3 steps back with this weight thing and its driving me mad. Because it was bank holiday week I also had quite a few gin and tonics and some black sambuca and lemonade which I suppose aren't that calorific but when I combine it with a desire to eat it turns into a binge! Then because I'd been 'naughty' those days it snowballed into the other days too. I still fasted like a soldier on Tuesday and Friday (yesterday) though - thankfully!

I'm considering doing alternate day fasting for 2 weeks just to get down to target weight...
However, I have my daughters 5th birthday party tomorrow and her actual birthday on Wednesday. Maybe I could do Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday?? That'd be tough with fasting at uni and the weekend but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! ?

Also seriously considering slimming world (again). Might go and have a butchers this week ad check out these syns etc.

Xxx

Hi Kellmo,
Right you’re aware that you have not been sticking to planfully and I understand you not wanting to face the scales so as of now go backto what you were doing , plan your menus on here in advance including sometreats. You’ll be less inclined to binge if you’ve written out your proposed menu.
Also it’s great your sticking with shred, that at least willgo someway towards damage control and most importantly you stuck to DD’sreligiously. When you feel in controlmaybe add one more DD into the mix as you seem to do great with those.

Sending you big hugs and positivity. Come on girl, you cando it. x

Ok today 11.5.13

Breakfast - bran flakes and a banana

Snack - yogurt , handful of raisins

Lunch - salad with boiled eggs, low fat feta and beetroot, spring onion, coleslaw (reduced fat), seeds and Jacobs crackers.

Highlights hot Choc and curly wurly - 1 caramel snack a jack.

Tea - chicken curry with roasted BNS and salad (small tablespoon of rice)

How's that?
I did weigh myself - 3lbs on :-(
but that will be off for next Saturday - guaranteed!

Last edited:
Looks very good to me mrs, make sure you still do eat enough at the same time. the 3lb will be partly salt and water too. Good luck chicken.

Hi Kell...you are right not to feel guilty about eating. You still stuck to your 2 fast days and have been doing the shred every day too. I know it is frustrating with the one step forward two steps back thing. I'm an emotional eater. When things not to do with food...family stuff, money etc....get to me I can turn to food too as it makes me feel better. It's partly why till my treatment ends I'm doing SW. I need to be able to eat at the minute,lots...but not put weight on. I'm hoping SW can help me do this as you can have lots of free and superfree foods without guilt on non fasting days. It is very much cooking from scratch all the time but it still allows for treats like chocolate, alcohol, whatever your guilty pleasure on a daily basis and you can factor in the odd takeaway too. Your 3lb gain will soon be gone as you are so focussed...far more than me! *hugs*

You're so sweet Frona - if you look back at my dukan diary you can see where I too have had a crisis/panic/meltdown with dukan - one reader said she could hear the panic in my voice as I wrote, it was true. I was and still am so terrified of ending up where I started that I was afraid to eat, I feel tonnes better but 9 stone 7 is slowly creeping away from me and I need to learn what to eat on these up days. I'm starting SW ASAP. I need to do it for me. I cook from scratch most nights (uni work allowing) and until last year WW had always worked for me - I don't know why it didn't the last time?

I'm signing up this week but there is no way I could eat unlimited rice, pasta, carbs- they're my trigger. I will also do down days too to get the excess off quicker... Let me know how SW goes - we can menu swap?

Hello,

Sorry I've not been around. I have been reading diaries but I'm so busy/genuinely exhausted I've not responded. It's 20 to 9 now and I'm shattered!

I joined slimming world and I've been mulling over which plan to do - I've decided the original 'red' plan is more me, if I did EE I'd be feasting and gorging myself daily. Still doing the 5:2 though but hopefully this way the SW will help me control the up days (this is the theory!) getting my head round the plan is going to be difficult but I've mulled it over and read and researched - might take pics of the pages I need regularly so I can check on my phone if I need some food.

I did a dd on Monday at uni, not half as hard as I thought it would be and I managed to have some energy left for maths (4pm-6pm) as I wasn't full of food and tired!

When I joined it was half four in afternoon and I weighed 10 stone 4. Not happy with that. I'd like to weigh 9 stone 7 in the morning so maybe that's about 9 stone 10-11 in the afternoon?

So I started SW properly today (of all days my daughters 5th birthday.)

Here's my food diary -

Milk allowance for tea - hex a no 1

Breakfast - bran flakes (hex B no. 1) banana and mullerlight (both super free)

Snack - apple and banana

Lunch - leftover superfree chilli with large salad and 2 small pieces feta (hex a no 2)
2 olives (1 syn)

Snack - highlights hot Choc (2 syns) and jelly (0.5 syns)

Tea - small carvery with ham and beef, loads of veg, 2 roasts, 1 spoon mash and gravy (hexb no 2 for potatoes)

Pudding - erm... Snickers ice cream, some leftover mars ice cream and 2 bites of carrot cake (ok, 30 syns?!) if more please tell me?!

It wasn't the greatest start BUT if I hadn't have been doing SW I'd have had chips with burger and lots more ice cream if I'm honest.

Down day tomorrow and back on the shred thu, fri, sat and sun - level 2.

I'm also doing a down 24 hours fri 6pm - sat 6pm.

My usual dd are from say 9pm Sunday night until 7am Tuesday morning - about 34 hours including sleep, is this ok to fast for this long???

Hope you are all well,

Kellmo x

What a start lol, good luck Kelly xxx

What a start lol, good luck Kelly xxx

Hmmmm. I had to celebrate my baby's big day. It was worth it. She was worth it! And the ice cream was made by angels!!!

The red plan im following seems more like dukan protein and veg days with limited carbs and healthy extras. I still can't touch turkey, fried eggs or sweetener though so some things will have to be avoided!

My heads in the right place Sid so I'm feeling confident with this. The only niggle I have is that because I did no carbs for so long that my body will 'hold' on to them ... Does that make sense???!

Totally xxx happy birthday to your DD

Good to hear from you Kellmo. I think SW will be great for you combined with fasting and shred. I wouldn't worry about the carbs, I think fasting should offset it.

I feel like I've been in this 'not knowing' position for most of my life. WW, sns, dukan, 5:2, JUDDD, SW. This is a LIFELONG bloody battle to be slim and healthy. I blame my parents!

Thanks for your support! Here's a pic of my wonderful little 5 year old...Halle

image-374117025.jpg

:)

image-3682528640.jpg

Thanks ladies! She's amazing!!! As is my nearly 9 year old!

So I got up early to do the shred this morning and my husband had failed to take the washing out of the machine (so no sports bra) meant I couldn't do it. I'm pissed off, this was supposed to be level 2 start today, I can't do it tonight cos I've got uni until 7 and won't be back until 8 and I like to get it over and done with in the morning. Grrrr. Selfish bloody sod :-(

Down day today so porridge for breakfast, 2 bottles of SF fizzy drink at lunch to fill me up and then something after uni tonight.

Back