Dukan and Exercise

Teddy67

M just wondering how most of you manage to get so much exercise in whilst on this diet?

I did 4mins of swimming the other day (back was hurting me so I stopped) - then spent 10mins in the jacuzzi - got home and had a snooze I was so tired.

Went to my Pilates class yesterday (another injury based class so pretty light-weight) - got home had my lunch - and then zonked out for 90mins!

I eat til full - ensure get 1200 cals a day - am losing pretty slowly after attack now average 1lb a week - have noticed when entering food on fitnesspal that I am low in iron and potassium - presume this has quite a lot to do with it.

Any thoughts?

What do you do?

Thanks,
Ted

I walk an hour to work... take all stairs at work etc etc etc..

To find that hour, I get up at 6am!

Are you asking, because you get tired really easily?

I usually have a coffee about half an hour before I go to the gym..usually gets me going and because I work out/ usually go quite often in a week, on a day where I really feel I have no energy I don't force myself into full on exercise instead as I'm a nanny I take the kids for a walk or something..

I also got to bed at about 9... 10 the latest!

Make sure you eat plenty of iron food, like broccoli (PV days..) and red meat.. (that's allowed..) my Mother has low iron and she takes supplements.. also vitamin B is good for energy.. there are some sachet things you can get which you add to water... not sure if they'd be allowed but my Mum takes those..

Yes - thank you - I was asking because I get tired really quickly - just a bit of activity and I am wiped out.

Thanks for the tips on broccoli - I do eat a fair amount of red meat - but less green leafy veg on PV days ie yesterday over two meals I had tomatoes, pak choi, beansprouts, shallots and red/green pepper.

Maybe a regular supplement would help.

Also make sure you are drinking enough as you are exercising... I remember reading in my gym on a poster or something that you perform better the more hydrated you are..

Dehydration will exhaust you I think...

But don't rely on that :D

I'd love to know if there's an answer to this because I'm having it today...just completely wiped out, not doing any more than usual but I was only up two hours and I felt like I could sleep again!

Well I feel down now because I feel tired! :)

I'm in bed by 9pm each night, plus I drink loads of water throughout the morning before I exercise. I find that because I go at the same time each day (1:30 after I finish work) it's become a bit of a habit. And if I'm feeling particularly tired, then instead of a run, I do 30mins cross trainer or even walk on the treadmill as it's better than nothing at all!

I find fish more energising than meat so I make sure I have both in regular amounts, fish every other day and red meat not too many times in the week.

Back