Dukan, Diabetes and Dinner Suits

You can really see your loss in those pictures AND you've lost more besides since so you must be so chuffed!

I'm just the same as you at the weekends. I'm loving your idea of a personal trainer!

Congratulations on hitting your Christmas target! Next week you can better that!

What are you eating these days? Posting here more frequently might be a motivator too! :D

Meh - missed my update yesterday, went shooting instead of sitting behind a PC!

Weighed in at 19st1lb - and the same today.... seem to be struggling to get below 19st and maintain it, but I am certain that kicking up the exercise will move me to the next level.

Went to meet my Personal Trainer yesterday evening - and I have my first session with him on Friday morning. Certainly my workout will change significantly, as he wants me to focus more on weight training, with a little Cardio work... usually I do 100% cardio, aiming to burn fat... but clearly it hasn't worked. Now the diet has kickstarted and consolidated the weightloss, a different approach to the gym could make a huge difference.

Plan is to see him two or three times a month - and do workouts myself inbetween - aiming to be in the gym 4 times a week for about 60 or 75 minutes.

Food wise - I am sticking pretty well to the PP/PV alternate days - still lots of chicken, steak and fish. Oatbran porridge every morning, and some ham mid morning (which I trick my brain into thinking is bacon). I keep to the 2 liters of water, apart from at the weekend where I don't seem to keep up with that... work is much is better for a routine.

Challenge for this week is to be back under the 19st mark in time for Christmas - I had promised myself to almost 'forget' the diet over the Christmas and New Year break - but I can't do that, and won't relax unless I have hit my target.

OK... massive jump in weight - but 100% expected, and planned (in a way).

I had always promised myself two weeks off from Dukan, in line with two weeks off work, for Christmas and New Year - and I kept my promise.

A week at home for Christmas, and then a week away in France for New Year with good friends. I stayed 100% alcohol free, but allowed myself to ignore my diet completely.

And there is the result - clear to see on the scales, I gained 10 pounds in two weeks. Ugly - but I know what I need to do to get back into the swing of things.

Seven Days of attack starting this morning - Oatbran Porridge, Ham, Chicken and Steak for Dinner... drunk all my water, and did 20 mins of cardio at the gym (along with some weights from my new personal trainer).

PP for a week should be easy to achieve, and then I will assess where I am at my weigh in next Monday!

Happy New Year my dukan darlings!

Yay Matt!! Blinding start today....fantastic....10lbs is fine & could have been a lot worse (I put on 8lb in 5 days once in the states) and as you said you planned to indulge and well deserved....the quicker you put in on, the quicker you can get it back on again. And that is an Andria fact so it must be true...lol.....

keep up the attack.....today's food is next weeks body.

:)

It's true that it does come back on pretty quick but a lot of that will be water weight and that'll come off equally quick!

It's almost a relief to be "back in control", I'm finding.

Happy New Year to you too...

(and to all of you. I've run out of time and am rushing out x)

Back