Consolidation Dukan Did It...DukanNotSoFattys Conso Story

Elllllliooooooooo huni, just catching up. Your photos look fabulous. Hope you had a a great birthday xxx

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your comments re photos, I don't mind the collarbones, just find them funny, bit strange when not seen them for so long I reckon. I've worn one of the tops so far and my coat, dress will be worn on Saturday for the party, then need to decide if I am keeping it as an occasion dress or am I wearing it for everyday too.

This last week has been hard, its been a binge week and I decided I was going to have to get it out of my system. I have had all sorts this week, I'm not going to list it all but suffice to say the birthday cake was only the start of it, out for a meal with a friend, a party at home for Lily and friends and other bits in between. I have renewed my 'will' and have got my menu for the week sorted, along with Dukan bread and muffins cooked, and the next two days worth of meats....Vietnamese beef tomorrow and S&P Chicken for Weds.

I've had a friend visiting today and we were talking about the diet, she wanted information and has borrowed two of my books along with lots of personal information. I showed her how easy to cook the microwave Dukan bread and muffins, and let her have a taste of the two meats. Hopefully its helped her decide what she wants to do and it gave me a bit of a boost too. The menu I am using this week is the one I gave her as a sample menu to start on attack and add veg as appropriate.

We have had a busy couple of weeks, and the next two weeks are just as busy. Lily is out overnight with her godmother, then to my parents for a few nights. Got pictures and a day trip planned, a family party to go to and then we'll soon be back to school. How quickly these holidays have gone by. Could do with another couple of weeks to be honest.

Weigh in tomorrow to see what the damage is, I can't remember the last time I got weighed, I think it was two weeks ago, the morning I went to my parents, so will see what the damage is and then get myself back on track, gonna do cruise for a few weeks as this gives me the control I need, then will ease back into conso slowly. Don't think I can do the gala days to start with as this gave me too much loss of control. Does that make sense.

Right I need more sleep, so am off to bed. I didn't get much sleep the night before last and slept nearly ten hours last night with only two wake ups....so I think I need another night to recharge.

silly double post grrr

oh dear Karin, I am so sorry you find yourself in this position. Still, you sound motivated and determined to get back to target so there's no reason why you can't knuckle back down again. I'm worried you say you're going to take away the Conso extras though. Perhaps have just the fruit, bread, cheese and pasta/rice allowance and keep away from gala meals for a couple of weeks? You'd probably find the weight dropped quickly doing this without having to return to Cruise. Up to you of course...
x

Hi Karin come on wipe the slate clean xxx

oh dear Karin, I am so sorry you find yourself in this position. Still, you sound motivated and determined to get back to target so there's no reason why you can't knuckle back down again. I'm worried you say you're going to take away the Conso extras though. Perhaps have just the fruit, bread, cheese and pasta/rice allowance and keep away from gala meals for a couple of weeks? You'd probably find the weight dropped quickly doing this without having to return to Cruise. Up to you of course...
x

That's what I meant Joanne, I will still have the bread and cheese and fruit, definitely like having those each day. I think having a daily food is fine and manageable, but having the starch and CM when I don't always know when I am going to have them, that's when I fail, I do like my things planned LOL, control freak maybe ????

Hi Karin come on wipe the slate clean xxx
Done :D xx

Weigh in this morning was a gain of 6lb from my last weigh in which was 3 weeks ago. So I weighed in at 12st 2lb. 9lb above target. I have had a PP day today and will do so again tomorrow. Its actually a relief, I am in control again and it feels good. I even turned down a pastille sweet from my daughter today, yay me!!! Only problem today was that it was a very quick lunch and I didn't get to eat a full lunch so by late afternoon I was hungry. I held out till teatime though. I bought some Swedish meatballs from aldi to add to my tea but they were horrible, I shan't be eating the other half. Had Luclac Beef with a yogurt for pudding. Crabstix to snack on. Will have having salt and pepper chicken tomorrow.

right off to bed now, am tired and got to be up earlish in the morning as DD going away overnight and need to pack her up LOL.

xx

You will be hungrier than previously on your Conso PP days as you're not in ketosis... I'm glad you're not cutting right back to Cruise proportions. I did that far too much and then never got to grips with Conso. Good luck with keeping the control. I'm sure once you're back to planning everything, you'll be fine. It's just so easy to let things lapse once not on a strict diet, so to speak, but of course Conso is a form of strict diet too. Perhaps try think of it as Cruise plus certain things... rather than real life minus things! x

Like you thinking Jo xxx

I am having a couple of PP days to get my body back in the swing of things, get rid of the water and bloat from the last couple of weeks, then plan a few days PV without the extras, then back to conso daily extras. I've got a party to go to on Saturday so that is worrying me a bit, but I plan on eating before we go out, then taking a few bits like crabstix and a few muffins....if I don't have my bread during the day, then I can at least have a couple of sandwiches off the buffet.

Has anyone ever tried tom yum paste....I bought it ages ago after seeing it in a recipe, then never used it as I couldn't remember what recipe it was LOL. So today I just added a few teaspoons to some turkey mince and made meatballs. Very tasty. quite enjoyed them.

Only thing I have just had is a peach, as I needed something sweet so I decided to have the peach instead of being tempted by other stuff. Not good for trying to have a PP day, but still Dukan conso friendly.

I use tom yum paste a lot. Just a tiny amount can jazz up the plainest dish.

I find PP days much harder to do this time around. The first time, I found them really easy but now struggle without the veggies.

Just catching up Karin x

I've had the paste for months, LOL, will definitely be using it up now.

Weigh in this morning and after my 2 days of PP I am down 3¼lb. Thank goodness. PV day today. Just had seafood quiche salad.

I don't mind the PP days too much, though I had almost forgetten what it would be like to have them and struggle not to have veggies. Did ok though.

having another PV day tomorrow, then a conso day on Saturday with bread to help with party. Then will do another few PV days before embarking fully back onto conso.

Been making cards today for a friend, and some birthday cards for others. Waiting for my DD to come home from a night away at friends. She's been shopping with them too, no doubt bringing back a handful of new clothes LOL. Why does time go sooooo slowly. Window watching for her!!!

I'm glad those pesky pounds are making themselves scarce pretty quickly! I can imagine you curtain twitching waiting for your daughter to return... awh!
Excellent that you're moving back to Conso... albeit without galas... I'd hate to see you fall into the trap so many of us oldies did! You were such a star on Cruise, and such a great mentor full of excellent advice, I'm counting on you to pick up that role in Conso!
:)

I'm glad those pesky pounds are making themselves scarce pretty quickly! I can imagine you curtain twitching waiting for your daughter to return... awh!
Excellent that you're moving back to Conso... albeit without galas... I'd hate to see you fall into the trap so many of us oldies did! You were such a star on Cruise, and such a great mentor full of excellent advice, I'm counting on you to pick up that role in Conso!
:)

Hear Hear fantastic post xxx

Keep going Karin - tiny blip in and extraordinary journey - sounds like you have it all under control. xxx

Hi Karin,

Long time no see: where have you disappeared to?!! Seriously, you look fabulous, and I'm so happy to hear you made tw. Looks like you've nailed conso and are in control. I look forward to reading your diary again!

Cxx

PS the coral top is amazing - the bright color really suits you :)

Hi Dukanista, I was only thinking about you the other day when I was looking up my friends list on here, nice to see you back.

Finally the last occasion for lack of control has gone past, party was a really good night, and all the food was sooo bad. Not one single Dukan thing, no sorry that's a lie, a bowl of lettuce. All sorts of pastries and sandwiches and birthday cake. PP day today, a day late because I took DD to parents yesterday and had a conso day instead. Been a busy day, lots of little jobs done, seems the week will be like that. Got town to do in morning, visit to bus travel place to see about pass for DD, then pick up school uniform from the school, then after lunch visit a friend who ordered a jewellery set. Also got a card workshop to prepare for, not sure what I am going to do for the ladies this week, might let them have a bit of a free for all..........with a few rules to follow LOL.

Will WI tomorrow and see how the week progressed and ended.

xx

Glad to be back K :) You seem to be keeping very busy too: the jewelry making sounds like fun!

Belated birthday wishes, btw Cxx

Back