Dukan diet golden ratio - %Protein : %Carbs :% Fats

Elisheba

No matter what, carry on!
:wavey:Hello,

Does anyone know what is the ratio of calories (Protein : Carbs : Fats) on each of the 4 phases of Dukan Diet?

For the zone diet is 30%- 40% - 30%
For Paleo diet is 15%- 20% - 65%
etc..

I know we don't count calories on this diet but I'm just wondering...

I'm doing 50% protein - 25 % carbs - 25 % fat.
I'm on consolidation so there is 1 fruit, 2 slices of bread and 40 grams of cheese.
That adds up..

I havent had any bread yet, just biscuits and chocolate :(

100% protein on attack, that one is simples (if you can do it i.e find such food!) ;):D

Eccab77 said:
100% protein on attack, that one is simples (if you can do it i.e find such food!) ;):D

Almost - but then there's the 1.5 tbsp of oatbran...

The only PURE protein existing in nature is egg white.
The fat free yogurts have also carbs and even the lean meat has a little bit of fat.

I know it's impossible hence the: if you are lucky to find such foods. It just has to be as near pure protein as possible so I don't think we should be talking of any other food groups on attack. You eat as little as possible of the other groups. :)

Elisheba said:
I agree, the attack has to be "pure".
But things change once you reach Consolidation.

Yeah, you put on 1/2lb after eating a starchy meal (absolutely nothing to do with biscuits and chocolate... Nothing!!!)

:17729: oooouh : chocolate and biscuits

That is part of a GALA MEAL : a whole different story

Chocolate, dark, 85% cocoa and very little sugar :D : 5% protein, 40% carbs, 83% fat (cocoa butter)

The only PURE protein existing in nature is egg white.
The fat free yogurts have also carbs and even the lean meat has a little bit of fat.

Oh, I forgot the fish... even the fat fish is allowed on all the phases of the diet ( Omega 3 :))

Today I had ( Consolidation phase : gala meal)

my oat bran and 44 g of sugar free chocolate

salmon and egg

6 plums

tomatoes and fat free cheese

polenta and 40 g of feta cheese

tuna

chicken

3 raw almonds and 3 raw peanuts

2 slices of whole wheat bread and fat free cheese

1837 kcal of which

43 % protein - 30 % carbs - 27 % lipids

It will be interesting to see what's the ratio on a PP Thursday
(I'm using CRON-O-Meter: Track nutrition & count calories)

Hey Elisheba, what do you mean Gala meal, did you eat that in one sitting? I am assuming that this is your whole day foods, but then I am struggling to see the gala bit! :confused:

Hey Elisheba, what do you mean Gala meal, did you eat that in one sitting? I am assuming that this is your whole day foods, but then I am struggling to see the gala bit! :confused:

Sorry, my mind works in bizarre patterns I guess :)

The gala meal was : polenta and 40 g feta, the 3 almonds and 3 peanuts and the sugar free choc.

Sorry, my mind works in bizarre patterns I guess :)

The gala meal was : polenta and 40 g feta, the 3 almonds and 3 peanuts and the sugar free choc.

Goodness me, Elisheba, you are disciplined, I dont think I would call that gala, for me its more like Zoe's Gala! I would probably gain all the weight back with my galas. :(

Ive been Galaing for about 2 days, you really dont wanna take the path I have... Il be the only one complaining! I might hide my scales!

Goodness me, Elisheba, you are disciplined, I dont think I would call that gala, for me its more like Zoe's Gala! I would probably gain all the weight back with my galas. :(

Oh, no you won't.
I'm just being cautious cause I have a tendency to overeat.
So I stay in control but I do plan a big FEAST soon.
I just want to figure the ratio right.:rolleyes:. It is bugging me.

Ive been Galaing for about 2 days, you really dont wanna take the path I have... Il be the only one complaining! I might hide my scales!

I'm sure you'll be fine.
I have days like that too.. ( :secret:Once I ate half a jar of goji berries, another time I had chocolate 3 days in a row etc...etc...)
We're only human.
It is ok.

Back