Dukan Diet

Morning Kaz!
For the galette you use 1 egg white, 3tbsps oat bran, some ff cream/cottage cheese (depending on sweet or savoury?) and either herbs like basil/oregano etc. or cinnamon if you want it 'sweeter'? I make 2-3 thin pancakes with this mix to have as a snack throughout the day as I find the protein meals very filling on their own?

My journey- well, it's not looking good unfortunately? I'm starting day 5 and according to my scales I'm UP 1lb since I started?? Granted its the week before my totm (traditionally a 'bloat' week) but still? I'm drinking at least 3l of water a day, eating only the foods listed and still I've lost nothing??? Typical. I'm so fed up of just meat/fish, but I'm going to stick it out until Wednesday- that'll be day 7, and see how it goes. I'm pretty disheartened to be honest....

Hi Irishmum,
You should only use 1.5tbspn of oatbran per day on attack phase, then 2tbsps per day on cruise phase. Maybe this is why you've not lost......? (Recipe is 1.5tbspns oat bran, 1.5tbspns FF fromage frais & 1 egg)

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been following this diet for 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm down 7lbs so far. It's going quite slowly now but at least this is not a starvation diet and if you feel hungry you can have something to eat! I did 5 days of attack and am now on 1PV/1PP. And I'm really enjoying the rhubarb on PV days!

Hi all,

Hope you are having a good day so far?
Well, after 1 week on Dukan I'm feeling not too bad. I had a rotten cold all week and felt pretty poop but hopefully that's on it's way out. :cool:
Am getting more into the swing of things now but still finding the pure protein days pretty montonous but as long as it's one day at a time it's do-able. Am loving the gallettes and today's one was just perfection!!!

Looking forward to my veggies tomorrow i can tell you.:)

Am currently re-reading the book - so much of it could've been written for me!!!:D It explains a lot!!

Keep up the good work!

Hi Irishmum,
You should only use 1.5tbspn of oatbran per day on attack phase, then 2tbsps per day on cruise phase. Maybe this is why you've not lost......? (Recipe is 1.5tbspns oat bran, 1.5tbspns FF fromage frais & 1 egg)

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been following this diet for 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm down 7lbs so far. It's going quite slowly now but at least this is not a starvation diet and if you feel hungry you can have something to eat! I did 5 days of attack and am now on 1PV/1PP. And I'm really enjoying the rhubarb on PV days!

Hiya!! Well done on your loss!;) Mine is not flying off but i'm just happy it's going down at all after the frustration i've been having with all the trillion other diets i've tried!! I am defo one of those diet resistant people whose system is messed up that Dr Dukan mentions in the book!!:mad:

Chat soon:)

New special Dukan Diet forum

Hi,

Sorry for yet another post but just noticed that there is now a seperate spot just for the Dukan Diet!!!:)

Wonder if it would be better to move this thread to there?? Not sure how that can be done though?

Hi Jax,

Well done to you too! I'm also a serial dieter so relate entirely to what he says in the book, unfortunately! :cry:

I must start to re-read again, I read it so quickly as I just wanted to get started but I'm a bit anal in that I have to make sure I'm doing it properly - so wouldn't start til I'd gone thru the book! lol

I'm not sure either about moving the thread......?

Will report back tomorrow with my 2 weekly loss - not expecting much more to be honest but anything will do.....

Icandukan - is the recipe you posted taken directly from the Dukan English book? I'm curious as it's different to the French one, perhaps because some things aren't available in the UK...

:) I am starting the Dukan Diet today. Please wish me luck. Have tried so many diets in the past SW, LL, WW to name a couple but the weight just goes back on. I have read the Dukan diet book and it does seem a sensible way to keep the weight off. Am off to get the oatbran.
Not sure how to get a ticker maybe someone could help.
Thanks, look forward to posting good news!!

Icandukan - is the recipe you posted taken directly from the Dukan English book? I'm curious as it's different to the French one, perhaps because some things aren't available in the UK...

Hi maintainer,

Yes the recipe is from the book. And it makes just the one galette.

My weight loss now is 8lb total over 2 weeks. Getting there slowly but surely.....

ICD

(Strange how the recipe is different in France!) That's a great loss! Well done! Do you post your menus anywhere? Would be interesting to see what you're all eating...

(Strange how the recipe is different in France!) That's a great loss! Well done! Do you post your menus anywhere? Would be interesting to see what you're all eating...

What is the recipe in France? I wonder why it's different?

I've not posted any recipes anywhere but am happy to do so if there is a thread......? I must admit I don't really feel like I'm dieting, apart from missing bread & potatoes now and again. But I am determined to see this through and can't wait to be on the protein thursdays & maintaining.......

I'm presuming it's because the other ingredient isn't available in the UK... It's supposed to help with errr potential "transit" issues!

Here the galette/muffin recipe is:
2 soupspoons of oat bran (son d'avoine)
1 soupspoon of wheat bran (? son de blé)
1 egg
1 soupspoon fat free fromage blanc

Also, here at least, only 0% fat dairy products are allowed... so no cottage cheese, etc... even ham must be fat free (and in French supermarkets you can find a "dégraissé" ham - nasty looking stuff!). Otherwise, no pork.

Anyway, no matter... while you're all losing, GREAT! If anyone gets stuck, we'll see what can be eliminated from the diet!

I was actually using that recipe with the wheat bran, got big bags of it from Holland and Barrett.
Today was the first time I actually made the galette following the English book recipe, which is without the wheat bran and found it much lighter than the one with the wheat.

So I think I might just alternate with and without the wheat.

Also, here at least, only 0% fat dairy products are allowed... so no cottage cheese, etc... even ham must be fat free (and in French supermarkets you can find a "dégraissé" ham - nasty looking stuff!). Otherwise, no pork.

Anyway, no matter... while you're all losing, GREAT! If anyone gets stuck, we'll see what can be eliminated from the diet!

I think that's exactly the same then - the only cottage cheese allowed, like all other dairy products, is the fat-free variety (I've only managed to find it in Tesco so far) and only the very leanest ham, no other pork.

Excellent!

How's everyone doing today? First salad and veg for me today and not too soon... looking forward to a CRUNCH at lunchtime.

I think I got so used to just eating protein I keep forgetting the veggies!

That's brilliant! (

I have loads of recipes, but they're all in French and I haven't yet found the time to think about translating them! I needn't feel bad now!)

Back