Dukan Diet

Well, so far so good. I stuck to it 100% yesterday, and had 2.5l of 'pure' water (apart from my black tea!):D
I kept myself busy by cooking up some chicken last night for 'snack attacks'! I stuffed chicken breasts with ff cottage cheese & finely chopped onion, wrapped it in thin low-fat ham & baked. I sampled one when they were cooked and OMG- lovely!!:drool: One recipe I'll definately keep using! I chopped a few other breasts into strips, tossed them in ff yoghurt & spices and baked as well. Not as nice, but handy for when you're out & about?
I'm going to try a fish 'soup' for lunch- poached white fish in a little skimmed milk, mixed herbs, some chopped surami (crab) sticks and cook until I can 'mash' up the fish a little. We'll see what it's like!
I also made up some lean beef burgers. I'm not a big red meat eater, so I figured these were a good compromise? I mixed up lf mince, herbs, 1 egg white, and some finely chopped onion & grilled them.:) Now I have a load of stuff ready to just heat up when I'm hungry?
I miss my veg though? The hardest part will be staying off the scales for 4 more days! LOL!:p
kb1979- let us know how you're doing? And any 'recipes' you come up with?:eat:;)

I was just thinking- you could probably do something similar with the minced beef? Kind of like a stuffed steak...or just stuff a steak! LOL!
When I get the oat bran I'm going to try making the 'galettes (sweet & savoury), tuna 'burgers' and meatballs in (ff) cheese sauce...mmm...(hopefully!)

Thanks! I've been trying to 'adapt' recipes but it's nearly impossible during the attack phase? I never thought I'd miss veg as much!
Change of plan...I had scrambled eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) with smoked salmon (bits- the cheapest I could find! LOL!) and one of those stuffed chicken breasts for lunch and I was so full I actually had a pain!
I still have some chicken strips, fish soup, 2 beef burgers and a yoghurt left on my 'menu' this evening...
I'm so used to cc-ing I'm still at it, and todays food will bring me up to 1250cals (1260 yesterday!)- which is brilliant as I was afraid I'd over/under eat while doing this, but my cal intake is high enough to prevent me going into starvation mode, and hopefully the multi-vit will keep me going nutrient-wise until I can reintroduce my veg?

Hi everyone, glad to see more people joining us. And welcome. It is so much easier to do something like this with a group for support. In fact all the addiction services claim it is the only possible way!
I've just finished day 5 of attack phase. It was hard but I think I've lost about 3 or 4 lb but will weigh tomorrow.

Am I right about cruise phase? - Do you eat protein and veg one day then only protein the next day and so on? I don't know if I thought that was too clear in the book

Get the oatbran folks from Holland and Barrett as it makes it much easier. I have not been very inventive over the past 5 days as just wanted to get my head down and get through them. But I made the galette and put cold meat in it like a wrap and took to work for lunch every day; it's nice and it's filling.
Will post again tomorrow after I weigh in.
xxx

Tuna steak or Swordfish steak

Heres my recipe for Tuna or Swordfish Steaks

Serves 4
Prep time = 15 mins
Cooking time = 6-7 mins

4 x Tuna or Swordfish steaks
3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp of Aspartame (sugar substitute)
1 clove of garlic
2-3 handfuls of fresh oregano
2-3 handfuls of fresh parsley
Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper

1. Place the lemon juice, aspartame, garlic, herbs and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
2. Place steaks in a shallow dish and pour some of the mixture over steaks. (you can marinade them for a few hours if you like)
3. Transfer the steaks to a hot griddle pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes (you could also grill or BBQ the steaks)
4. Serve the steaks with the rest of the herb dressing

This sauce would also go with Chicken :)

Hi There

I too am thinking of jumping on board and have ordered the book. Could anyone kindly post the recipie for the oatbran gallete (pancake?) for me in the mean time as I would like to start today.

Onwards and downwards hopefully

Thanks
Kaz

Morning Kaz!
For the galette you use 1 egg white, 3tbsps oat bran, some ff cream/cottage cheese (depending on sweet or savoury?) and either herbs like basil/oregano etc. or cinnamon if you want it 'sweeter'? I make 2-3 thin pancakes with this mix to have as a snack throughout the day as I find the protein meals very filling on their own?

My journey- well, it's not looking good unfortunately? I'm starting day 5 and according to my scales I'm UP 1lb since I started?? Granted its the week before my totm (traditionally a 'bloat' week) but still? I'm drinking at least 3l of water a day, eating only the foods listed and still I've lost nothing??? Typical. I'm so fed up of just meat/fish, but I'm going to stick it out until Wednesday- that'll be day 7, and see how it goes. I'm pretty disheartened to be honest....

Hi Broxi, In answer to your cruise phase question, as far as I can tell you can alternate any number of days, e.g 2 days of protein then 2 days of protein+veg or 5 days protein/5 days protein+veg.

When I get to cruise phase I think I will do what your doing though - 1 day protein then the next day protein+veg, it should make it a bit more interesting that way

Irish Mum

Thanks for the reply regarding the Gallettes. I will be trying them soon, as I came to make them last night and realised I'd run out of eggs. :sigh:

As for your weight loss, I would always say that it is a TOTM thingy. When I was doing Lighter Life Lite last year, I hardly lost anything on those particular weeks.

I've sometimes found that one day you weigh yourself and you haven't lost any, the very next day you weigh yourself you have lost 4lbs. There is no logic.

I would wait for a couple of weeks to see how things are then.

Home-made burgers - Recipe

Hi Everyone,

Last night I made some burgers, here's the recipe:

Makes 6 burgers

500g Lean minced beef or turkey mince
1 x stock cube
3 tbsp Oatbran
1-2 egg whites
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Basil
1 tbsp Sage
1/2 tbsp garlic powder

1. Put mince into a bowl and stir in the crushed stock cube and oatbran
2. Add the egg whites and mix together until all the egg has been absorbed (it should form into a compact mixture, not too sticky, if it is too sticky mix in a sprinkle of oatbran)
3. Then mix in the herbs
4. Take lumps of the mixture and with your hands make into 6 patties and grill on a medium heat for 10-20 minutes turning in between

I've also started a food diary as I didnt want to clog up this thread, here's the link
http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/149692-food-diary-dukan-diet-kb1979.html#post2505984

Hi I've just got my book and reading it can't wait to start! i'm on Cambridge at the minute but keep stopping and starting because i find it too restrictive. Do you think i will gain weight if i do it straight after cambridge? the recipes in the book are making my mouth water they sound fab, shame we cant have a bun with the burgers though lol x

Hi all

Hi all

I started Dukan on Sunday, so you can add another to the group :)

hello. this diet was brought to my attention last week and i'm currently reading the book with a view to start monday/tuesday.just a quick question about oat bran. where are you getting it from? and what's the brand? will i be the first bloke in the group?also how many people do you need before the group can have it's own ''DUKAN DIET'' section?

Hi

I can answer one question you asked lol

I get my Oat Bran from Tesco, just their own whole foods label.
I also got Jordan's wheat bran from there.
It's in the cereal/muesli aisle.

Then went to Holland and Barrett and got two BIG bags of wheat bran so will check them out for the oat bran also

hello. this diet was brought to my attention last week and i'm currently reading the book with a view to start monday/tuesday.just a quick question about oat bran. where are you getting it from? and what's the brand? will i be the first bloke in the group?also how many people do you need before the group can have it's own ''DUKAN DIET'' section?
Hi madeinengland, i'm using mornflake oatbran, got it from sainsburys.

I've lost 2lb so far this week! hoping it will be more by Sunday

My boyfriend did a protein + protein shakes diet last week and this week joined me on the Dukan diet and he's lost 7lb over two weeks!!

Anyone else lost weight this week?

I've lost almost 3 pounds, hoping for a little more by Sunday also

Back