Dukan ? hope so!

Hope the scan goes ok x

xxx hugs & kisses xxx

Ahhh thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. I've had my scan this morning it will about a week to get the results from the GP. The technician read the referral from the GP to me, it said pains on right side and check for gallstones, she was a bit surprised when i told her that i had my gall bladder removed in 2009!! She did the scan, she couldn't see any stones lurking in the bile ducts so that's good as that can cause infections and can lead to pancreatitis, so that's good. During the scan she put the scanner thingy right over the place where it hurts the most, when i told her she said that was right over the bile ducts, but there are no stones, so god knows whats up with me!!

I deffo recommend going on a Sunday we were in and out in about 10 mins didnt even get a chance to sit in the waiting room!

Wasnt allowed to eat or drink before the scan, so me and the OH went to MacDonalds, hes got chronic toothache so only managed to have an orange juice and i had a black coffee, never thought that i could go to MacDonalds and not have at least a happy meal lol, the coffee and the scales this morning made me happy though!! Dropped another pound this morning which is fab!!

Went for a stroll around the local outlet village, just for a nosey really, not to buy anything in particular, i saw a gorgeous linen dress. Tried on an 18 and a 16 and they were too big!! I asked the assistant to get me a 14, she said oh they are generous sizes, aren't they!!?? The flaming cheek!! Anyway the 14 fit perfectly, and i dont care that they are "generous" sizes the label says 14 and im sticking with that!!

Had a bit of inspiration last night after reading about chicken liver pate, thanks Mon, made it last night but only had white wine, so put a bit of that in, blended it in the food processor with the quark and left over night in the fridge to set, OMG!! its wonderful, had some for lunch on Dukan garlic and mushroom bread.

Off out this afternoon for a singing rehearsal, the choir are singing at the Albert Hall in November, should be fun!!

Enjoy your Sunday!! Collette x

Hope they can tell you what's wrong hun. Well done for resisting the trip to Maccy D's !

Thanks Cheesy!! I know i couldnt believe she said that to me!! lol Anyway buying the dress put a smile on my face all day.

Today was such a busy day, the sun was shining but i was stuck in the office all day, had a minor panic over some lost keys but they turned up thank god! Been very creative in the kitchen again, Glad my OH put a telly in the kitchen im spending that much time in there. Prepared a batch of carrot and coriander soup for the OH who still cant eat solids because of toothache. He is loving all this cooking, ive even started to grow some herbs, the coriander was all my own! Rustled up a few scotch eggs, cooked a chicken, chocolate muffins, a sf jelly and a chicken fried rice for the boy, flaming knackered now!! Must have done a mountain of dishes and the dishwashers on its 2nd wash!!

B yogurt and rhubarb
L home made chicken and broccoli soup, dukan bread with chicken liver pate ff yogurt
D celeriac chips, scotch eggs (2 huge ones)

CPL you are cooking up a storm, I think i could do with a telly in my kitchen xx

Hi Colette, have been reading your diary and am getting much inspiration from your steady weekly loss. Sounds like you're not having a great time what with the pain you're in but at least the pounds are still coming off - you've almost lost 15% of your body weight - fantastic!

Will keep an eye out here as I'm hoping for good news from the scan i.e. something easy and quick to resolve.

Jx

I'm struggling with the wifi can't get on using the lap top. Boooooooo!!!

I feel I'm spending half my life in the kitchen but I'm quite enjoying it to be honest, the telly does help although I'm totally footied out! Need some catch up time for the soaps lol.

Must admit Jood hadn't noticed I've lost 15% whoop whoop!!! thanks!! I hope the pains go, got app coming up with gp to get results and probably more tests.

Menu today
B yogurt and rhubarb
S choc muffins
L 2 egg prawn omelette crab sticks
D chicken, prawns,

Sweet & sour chicken made for tomorrows lunch,

Yes the scan is Sunday morning
OH has taken himself to bed after a disastrous appointment with the dentist today, im going to have to put the nurses hat back on, dont think ill be sleeping much tonight. It gonna be great in our house this weekend!!

How is Mr & Mrs CPL OK I hope - Have you any results yet?

I will have every ounce of sympathy for MrCPL later (dreaded dentist later)

crossing fingers for your apt this week, Col. Stupid sales assistant - bet she has awful commission :D. What an awful thing to say to a customer!

Stupid sales assistant!! i don't think she realized what she had said to me lol,

No results back formally, they said about a week for the results, will give the surgery a call tomorrow to get an appointment.

menu for today
B from frais and rhubarb
L scotch egg, sweet and sour chicken (fanta style) ff yogurt
S slices of chicken
D salmon fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce ( new recipe gorgeous!!) Tinned salmon, finely chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce garlic and lemon herbs mix, salt and pepper, egg. Mix up ingredients make into patties and dry fry in a non stick pan. very nice!!
Yogurt is cooking, and ginger muffins are cooling!
Thats me done!

Ooh, great menu, those fishcakes are definitely getting tried this weekend, I'm desperate for some inspiration!

You're such a demon in the kitchen, it's exhausting to think! I've got some oat bran cookies cooling - the microwave ones. They look a bit dodgy mind you....!

Jx

me too copied the fishcakes, yum, sounds nice, I've got on tomorrows menu tuna patties, so I reckon they'll be similar.

ginger muffins sounds good too....hmm note to self, look for recipe LOL.

I know what you mean about always being in the kitchen. I've been making muffins and buns and freezing them so that helps. problem for me is that I end up having to make two different meals. Mine and then the families.

Ah well, it will be worth it in the end.

The fishcakes are really nice and only took a couple of minute to prepare, ive never made them before, ever!! always bought them lol. You can substitute with Tuna too.

I dont make separate meals they get what im having but i put potatoes rice or noodles with theirs. If they dont want it they make their own meal, which doesnt happen often.

Im not a whizz in the kitchen, in fact, ive only got into it since discovering Dukan, processed food isnt heard of in out house now, which cant be a bad thing. The recipes im using are the simple ones, although ive bought a piping bag to have ago at those choux pastry thingys, god im getting adventurous!!

Today is a good day, finished off the last portion of sweet and sour chicken for lunch with ff yogurt and some crabsticks for a snack this afternoon, porridge for breakfast for a change as i need to stew some more rhubarb, going to make tuna fishcakes and salad for tea tonight.

Work was so busy today and ive hurt my shoulder moving and handing, GP appointment going to be next week now. Cx

Back