Dukan ? hope so!

is it soft or hard? :) sorry I'm giving this way to much thought but the front door I could snap off in a heartbeat and munch...:D lucky you're not nearby lol xxx

It seems like its quite hard and crunchy biscuit like, but i havent tasted it yet, was going to try and keep it for xmas but im struggling storing it in anything may have to wrap it up in parchment

Today we sang in John Lewis in Chester and collected for the Alzheimer's society, we were placed right by the front door attracting people as they came in. It was lovely watching people come in looking miserable then they smiled when they saw us and some even joined in the singing. Deffo got us the christmas spirit.

Went and had a look around TK Max and got a few presents so ive made a start so i feel a bit better now. x

Alright Collette :) this is totally from my memory banks (which are getting old and somewhat addled....) but I wonder if storing it in an airtight container with an opened tub of baking soda would help, it's used as a dehumidifier (don't quote me on this) I think. and is safe to have near biscuits, also wrapping it in kitchen roll would draw off any moisture that builds up, change that every couple of days and it "should" (as i said don't quote me on it) keep for a while...whether it'd keep for a month or not...not sure...it's not like store bought stuff that's packed with chemicals to "keep" for longer....

hope this helps hun x

The stuff ive read on line is all about keeping it airtight or wrapped up in foil/grease proof paper not heard of the putting the baking soda in but it makes sense to. May have to let it go, maybe take it into work, and make another nearer the time, i could lacquer it and it will last a year but totally inedible. I going to wrap it up for a few days and see how it goes, if its not looking good then its going to have to go at least i got some pics before the demolition lol.
Thanks for the advice hun x

Helllloooooo you, how u doing? Love that u are singing to the miserable shoppers an making them smile. 5lbs gone crikey well done hunny xx

oh what a week!!

So update with the gingerbread house, my niece and nephew came to visit for Steve's birthday so i got them to demolish it, it looked good even tho it was derelict!! lol Gave them a load of it to take home but got to admit i did have some and it was really good, but its all gone now Steve and Connor have eaten it all.

Made a cake for steves birthday on Monday, t looked heavenly but did manage to restrain myself, he was so pleased with his cake he took slices to work.

So its been a difficult week, work and food wise to be honest, i suppose ive been following the 20/80 rule which doesnt really work i know, if i stay the same this week ill be happy. Im a comfort eater, especially when m stressed.

We are having visitors tomorrow as its my birthday and know there will be booze and chocolate involved, people know i love chocolates, can take or leave the booze to be honest, but its going to be challenging to say the least.

Hope u have a lovely Birthday, enjoy it!! Life happens when u are busy making other plans so dont worry, u know what to do after and u will do it. I love making cakes and still bake for family but i would love to make summin for myself (not muffins!) I am not tempted now (good ole dukan) but sometimes i want summin normal not a cuppa and muffin or cuppa and chicken lol

Collette Happy Birthday have a wonderful day. I was a comfort eater so how ive stopped i dont know????? Do your best 80/20 better than nothing. xxx

Thanks i have had a good day lots of cards and prezzies including Nigellisama and some cookery books from some friends. My colleagues bought an enormous chocolate cake to have a lunch time, so to be honest ive ate loads of kak today but there is always tomorrow, have got another 3 boxes of chocs that are going to be put away for xmas.
Dukan book is out ready to read and try to sort out my head to get back on track. Planner is ready to be completed for next week, gonna try to get to 12 7 for xmas.

Im going to have to get Davina and the Wii fit out of retirement and get jiggy in the conservatory, that seemed to help with the weight loss. I wish i could just go for a run but i cant because of my dodgy foot.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend xx

love you jiggy in the conservatory lol.......non Dukan what heating do you have in your conservatory Col?

glad u had a lovely bday, u are back on track cos i hear u planning and a plan is always good news xx lol at u getting jiggy!

Back