Dukan Live Chats in a Nutshell

Anjuschka, I know nothing about the bread as I haven't really read that far in the book but I too have been ambigious with quantities - since I'm American when someone tells me a tablespoon I automatically have my trusted measuring spoon set but it can never be accurate this way - a tablespoon of oatbran, a tablespoon of wheatbran, a tablespoon of white sugar, a tablespoon of brown sugar - they all weigh differently in grams. My soup spoon is maybe smaller or larger than yours so that's out as a rule of thumb too. If they had just given us grams to begin with... :)

Joodlebob, you a lawyer? Just reading your disclaimer there :D
I love you're doing this, I read the chats regularly but it's nice to be able to share our awe at the absurdity of some of the questions (and answers, for that matter). But for the sake of not seeming weird I'm off to eat 2 slices of bread now :)

Haha, no, not a lawyer, just worried someone might get the wrong idea and think I'm some kind of authority and take the points too seriously!! Do no harm, that's my motto!

Was just thinking you were a bit weird, but now you've gone to eat bread, I realise you are completely normal, thank goodness for that.

;)

Thanks for the clarifications Anjuschka. I always thought he was probably referring to slices of French baguette rather than our doorsteps, but much more useful for us to know what they mean with weights.

I weighed my tablespoons when I first started and 15g was a great big heaping scoop, basically as much oatbran as fitted on the spoon. But now some of the moderators are saying it's 12.5g which would be not quite so heaping.

However I'm sticking to a newly made up rule (well, a lot of us are playing by it already) that if something's worked so far, it's ok to keep going and just review it in case of stalling or weight gain. So my 15g tablespoons are staying, Ceri's keeping her two slices of medium cut bread and Sid's got her G&Ts. (Or not as the case may be now new, strict Sid has emerged, sorry for any defamation of character Sid!!)

Why is bread so darn tricky though? In fact, why is moderation so much harder than abstinence?! Oh dear, am starting to sound like an undergraduate philosophy student, will stop now....

Jx

Can't believe I've been on this site for over a week now, and only just found this thread!! It's hilarious!!!!

Many thanks Joodle for doing this, it's now going to be the highlight of my day!!

Hi Carole, welcome to the boards and Dukan, hope you're enjoying the diet - you're doing great so far! Glad you like the thread - try to find another daily highlight though, as I can't always manage it every day! ;)

Hi Carole, welcome to the boards and Dukan, hope you're enjoying the diet - you're doing great so far! Glad you like the thread - try to find another daily highlight though, as I can't always manage it every day! ;)

Thanks Joodle. No problem, as another of my daily highlights is reading the Amazon reviews for Veet for Men. Whoever thought men could be so descriptive!!!!

If anyone hasn't discovered these reviews yet, check them out. Will keep you chuckling for hours!!

And an average slice used to weigh about 30g...don't know if they still do LOL.

Thanks re swede, I actually still went ahead and bought one today. Whilst in Asda I actually stood and looked at the swede and turnip. I've always called them the other way round, so now I know. Thanks for info re parsnips. Rarely use them, only ever did when I did mash potato.

I use 1 cal equivalent that I bought in Aldi. I spray about 5 sprays around the pan....LOL.

well i have since learnt in cornwall both a swede and a turnip are refered to as a turnip!! sometime the old ladies call parsnips turnips too so when i am in the shop and they ask "do you have any turnips" well i just say ..."dunno have a lil look in the fridge"!!! strange! xx

Just checked my bread, and each slice is 33g, so only 6g over! I might get the thin sliced bread next time, but definitely not resorting to one slice a day as I'm loving my toasted sandwiches at the moment :D

I don't know about anyone else's tablespoons but mine are 15ml not grams. I always measure it flat as that's the size of the spoon.

Good idea re the bread and the types of things in the range. It never would have occurred to me. Will look forward to wraps etc.

I think the loaves you can get in the bakery at supermarket and can them get sliced are quite thin. I wonder if that would be the right grams.

I don't know about anyone else's tablespoons but mine are 15ml not grams. I always measure it flat as that's the size of the spoon.

Good idea re the bread and the types of things in the range. It never would have occurred to me. Will look forward to wraps etc.

I think the loaves you can get in the bakery at supermarket and can them get sliced are quite thin. I wonder if that would be the right grams.

Oh I heap my TBs :) and have always done - I like the "if it's worked for you so far" rule! I've definitely been living by that one (exceeding my milk allowance on a regular basis but I have managed to shift over a kilo of summer holiday gain in the last 10 days)

Once in conso I'd suggest you just weigh your usual bread a couple of times, and the cheese portion too (a babybel is 20gr) and thereafter you've kind of got a feel for what's okay and 'in range' and no more weighing and measuring or counting, after all it's the 'not counting' element which attracted me to this diet (or now: lifestyle) in the first place.

But I think we've hijacked Joodles brilliant official Dukan chat thread!

Sorry Jood, hmm I like the idea of heaped tablespoons, my porridge might be a bit bigger then LOL. Although I don't count the 2tbsp religiously now, if i make muffins some days i might have an extra one which is about 1/3rd tbs other days I might have a bit less. I'm sure it all balances out in the week.

I'm loving these chats and disclaimers that keep popping up :)

Thought I'd copy something from today's live dukan chat, just for a good laugh and to make you thank your lucky stars you didn't pay for coaching :p

Q: I've been craving sweet food and had a Nestle Strawberry Yoghurt this morning. it's 0.4g Fat, 6.2g carbs,(2.4g sugars) and 1.4g protein per container.
A: The yoghurt you are requesting is too fatty unfortunately. There are some out there that have fruit bites in them and are low in fat that you should go for. Remember all dairy products have to have up to 2% of fat and 7% of sugar.

That is all.

Back