Dukan Live Chats in a Nutshell

Lovely to hear how you 'stabilisers' are getting on. I think it's more that our minds have to get our heads round the fact that this is forever, not just the few weeks/months/years it takes us to get through cruise and conso. I'm not really trying to make sense of all the Dukan site's instructions, just reporting them for those interested and like you say Supertonic, it holds a bit of a light up to some of the vagaries.

Anjuschka, you're doing the main thing i.e. not straying too far from target. You'll be fine but even after just 2 weeks or so on conso, I can see how hard it is to keep things on any kind of even keel! Good luck - it's heartening to hear from people who have essentially stabilised for 2 years, it really is!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the radio silence – I’ve been crazy busy and then away without internet access.

Key points from live chat from 10[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2012 (watch out for some oat bran shockers)

• Muller light yoghurts are not allowed as although they’re low in fat, they contain a lot of added sugar. It’s very difficult to find yoghurts without added sugar so make your own by adding food flavouring and sweetener to low fat/fat free plain yoghurt.
  • Don’t forget to take your oat bran when you go on holiday
  • 1 tablespoon of oat bran = 12g
  • You should have 2 ½ tablespoons of oat bran in consolidation

Seitan is interesting. I'm a HUGE fan of seitan products as I don't eat meat, but although I've seen recipes for making your own with vital wheat gluten flour, it never occurred to me to use the flour separately for anything else. Did anyone experiment with it yet?

have they changed the conso oatbran allowance then ? in the book its 2tbsp

Oft I can't keep up with the dukan gods that be lol I can't mix all the info up it all differs from book to internet yo chats! I need stability so just follow the one (book) with limited tolerats but I like the strictness lol

It's interesting to read your thread very interesting but I'll just observe from afar than action it lol

A banana?! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that Haha it's good your taking the time to type it all up to give us a laugh at them at least :() do you pay for the live chats? Xxx

Key points from live chat from 10[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2012 (watch out for some oat bran shockers)

• Muller light yoghurts are not allowed as although they’re low in fat, they contain a lot of added sugar. It’s very difficult to find yoghurts without added sugar so make your own by adding food flavouring and sweetener to low fat/fat free plain yoghurt.

And yet on the chat of 11th July they say 'Muller light vanilla yoghurts are tolerated items so you can have up to 2 a day, from cruise onwards'

How can it change within a month, I reckon different people on the other end of the laptop tell their own rules.

Hear, hear xxx

hey i like this thread a lot love reading all the different comments on here, and think there are some interesting points. However dukan published his book and what was written in it worked didnt it??? so why fix something if it aint broke??? it would be lovely if we cld all eat goodies and dukan at the same time and still loose weight however its not like that or else we would all be slim already! read the book follow the book! if you fancy a treat be sensible for example after a work out how about a banana??? ha ha ha ... how ridiculous!!! lol might as well opt for a slice of chocolate fudge cake whilst we are at it!! lol xx but on the other hand there have been some very good things mentioned in here that i did not know about take the wheat gluten flour! never even heard of it before!! so gotta take the bad with the good. xx

Um, according to the chat they've got on there right now, lean pork is allowed, unlimited on both pp and pv :crazy:

Ah yes that caused much consternation (amongst us oldies) when the US edition of the book came out which seems to contain that 'local culture adaptation'. But then lean ham is pork too and that's even allowed by the 2010 uk book edition.

this a great thread but araid I am going to become totally confused! if swede is restricted what about parsnips?? Thyev got more starch than swede I think!

have they changed the conso oatbran allowance then ? in the book its 2tbsp

You know what...I have no idea if it's an official change or if it's just the different moderators getting muddled!!

Oft I can't keep up with the dukan gods that be lol I can't mix all the info up it all differs from book to internet yo chats! I need stability so just follow the one (book) with limited tolerats but I like the strictness lol

It's interesting to read your thread very interesting but I'll just observe from afar than action it lol

A banana?! I nearly fell off my chair when I read that Haha it's good your taking the time to type it all up to give us a laugh at them at least :() do you pay for the live chats? Xxx

I know! The banana thing really made me laugh. You're quite right too Jan, just to stick to the book if the strictness works. I just started this thread because it was throwing up some interesting bits and bobs. Am definitely not recommending people try to follow things to the letter! For me, it just shows that the best rules are the ones that work for you.

The live chats are free from their website - they post them every few days, and they disappear when the next one is published. Jx

this a great thread but araid I am going to become totally confused! if swede is restricted what about parsnips?? Thyev got more starch than swede I think!

Not sure Caz - I'm pretty sure parsnips aren't allowed as being far too starchy. In fact, I just checked on the nutritional data site (Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com - quite handy if you've not seen it yet) and parsnips have almost 3 times the carbs of swede, so that's presumably why they're banned. (This search also gave me a new fun fact. I couldn't find swede on their database, which is weird as it's really comprehensive. Wondered if it's called something else in the US and indeed it is - rutabaga. Weird or what?!)

Ok folks, sorry for neglecting this, my life has been pretty crazy lately. Here's the live chat from September 3rd.

(Would also just like to put out a wee reminder that all I'm doing here is summarising the key points from the chats. Am not recommending anything or suggesting we change what we do if it works for us - this is just for interest - make of it what you will!)

- Breadfruit powder is not allowed (sorry to break this to all you.....erm....breadfruit powder fans :D)
- Be good to yourself bacon from Sainsbury's is allowed

From an hour's worth of chat, that was all that is of any interest - here's hoping tomorrow's chat is juicier!

Jx

These crazy live chats give me a good giggle on the train!! Any comments from me are at the frustration at the mentors of these chats inconsistencies not aimed at you :) xxx

Joodle said:
Ok folks, sorry for neglecting this, my life has been pretty crazy lately. Here's the live chat from September 3rd.

(Would also just like to put out a wee reminder that all I'm doing here is summarising the key points from the chats. Am not recommending anything or suggesting we change what we do if it works for us - this is just for interest - make of it what you will!)

- Breadfruit powder is not allowed (sorry to break this to all you.....erm....breadfruit powder fans :D)
- Be good to yourself bacon from Sainsbury's is allowed

From an hour's worth of chat, that was all that is of any interest - here's hoping tomorrow's chat is juicier!

Jx

Seriously, what am I now meant to do with 5kgs of breadfruit powder .... ?! ;)

P x

Not sure Caz - I'm pretty sure parsnips aren't allowed as being far too starchy. In fact, I just checked on the nutritional data site (Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com - quite handy if you've not seen it yet) and parsnips have almost 3 times the carbs of swede, so that's presumably why they're banned. (This search also gave me a new fun fact. I couldn't find swede on their database, which is weird as it's really comprehensive. Wondered if it's called something else in the US and indeed it is - rutabaga. Weird or what?!)

Yeah, I had to look up swede a while back and to my surprise it is rutabaga. Of course, I've never had either one :D

Back