Dukan Newby - hello

wow lyonsie- im well impressed!! go you!! i would love to be at that point where i felt near my ideal weight but i still feel so far from it. any tips (on particular foods you eat)? im struggling to avoid snacking atm cuz im studying for exams in 3 weeks- so i think it might be affecting my weight loss :( i need motivation! lol :)

Well, thebestme,

I am fairly strict but not 100%.... I don't eat anything 'full fat', but very few things 'fat free' have any flavour/taste so I look at the labels and take great care to see how much fat is there and make a personal judgement. (I only have myself to answer to... and my OH, who by the way is almost down 1 stone).

I went to 'Holland & Barrett' today and got some of their oat bran and it is much finer than the one I was using, so I think it will be much easier to consume (I might even try some more muffins with it)... I gave up making them as they were like sawdust made from the oatbran I was using.

I think the secret it to eat the foods you 'love' (not just like) often, so long as they are part of the allowed foods, of course. Use a little oil if needed or flour, just enough to save it from being tasteless. Yesterday was a PP day, this is what we had,

Breakfast... Onken fat free Mango & Apple yoghurt with oatbran.
Lunch... Sliced lambs liver (shaken in a little seasoned flour) and 'almost' dry fried.
Dinner... Pot Roast (Brisket) with fantastic gravy (slightly thickened with cornflour).
Snack... M&S fat free yoghurt (rhubarb)
Water.... 1 litre.. (need to up that...)

Today I had the same for breakfast. lunch was a massive prawn salad (prawns, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, Marie Rose Sauce made with half fat fromage frais with splash of tomato sauce and squeeze of lemon... Dinner will be Hake (lightly floured) and 'almost' dry fried, with either salad or veg or both.

Keep going though, any loss is a loss in the right direction....

I'm back again... Thinking of you studying etc. have you tried 'low fat' or 'fat free' yoghurt with some sugar free jelly powder mixed in? Lots of flavours and tastes like 'Angels Delight', so if you like this it would be good to snack on, especially on a PP day. On a PV day why don't you cut some nice fresh veggies and make a dip and munch on them (crudités). I think a Marie Rose or sweet chilli? Or balsamic vinegar ( if you boil it for a while it reduces and you get more of a syrup) or get someone going to France to pick some up in the supermarket for you.

Ah thanks for all the tips Lyonsie- and pass on the congrats to your OH, sounds like he's cashing in on this weight loss too which is great for both you and him!!! I've been drinking quite a lot of skimmed milk recently, like heating it up and using splenda to sweeten it. But I've just realised that I think I've been trying to avoid eating too much yogart cuz i always feel a tinge of guilt like im not really meant to be eating it- like I know you are allow to eat some but I dont feel as guilty when I eat loads of turkey or tuna cuz i feel thats the point of this diet. are there any restrictions on fat free yogart or skimmed milk?

I cheated a bit on thursday too cuz it was my birthday so had cake and some drinks and, although I didnt feel too guity for that part, i did find that yesterday and today are a bit harder cuz of carb cravings. makes you realise how much carbs have an effect on your mood. I just want to get back into the swing of this again cuz today i still weigh 9.13 so i need to start shifting more pounds (going on holiday in 2 weeks after these exams!). Any suggestions for a PP dinner for tonight?

Sorry for getting back too late for your last pp meal. For my pp I usually (if 4 weeks can set a pattern) have Sirloin Steak or Salmon Steamed with two scallops or a few King Prawns, Roast Chicken with gravy or some nice fresh fish from the fishmonger (which I buy in bulk and freeze). I am not working so its easy to organise, if I was working I think I would be having some omelettes (very quick)!!!

Back