DUKAN ON A BUDGET ...

Excellent. Thanks for that tip I've been looking for rhubarb everywhere! And I'm with waitrose on the essentialness of salmon lol

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Don't forget your local market!! I bought 15 eggs for £1.80 this morning and they are lovely, especially hard boiled,peeled,then wrapped in herby turkey mince and dry baked in a stonewear dish!! Yummy!!

I'm a bit rubbish and forgot to check out the ASDA prices. I know there's the usual 3 for £10 (chicken, mince, salmon are included) and we have fairly big packs or rump steak for £5. Always look in the reduced chiller as well. You can get bargins that will be fine in the freezer. 4 salmon fillets last week for £1.60!

Mrs wood....what's on offer this week at asda x

Youngs crabsticks are 79p for a packet of 16 in Tesco atm.
They're great for snacking on and if you make each one last about 4 bites and chew conciously, I find I can only manage a couple at a time.

Izzysmum....like the sound of those, I could eat them cold for my lunch at work, Thank you another packed luck idea x

I think I've read that Monsieur Dukan suggests no more than 4 crab sticks in a day as they are starchy ? Think that's the reason but it may be something else. Of course i read that after eating a whole pack lol

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi, if you are in wales you can buy very cheap fruit and veg (and other items sometimes meat depending on what each area offers) Its called rural regeneration its a food co-op run by volunteers and I think (not sure) it is sponsored or subsidised by the welsh government. Anyway anyone can go along, just find your nearest one,or one close to your work, you order one week and collect the next, I have a bag of veg with potatoes for £2.50 every week, also I have a stir fry and fruit bag all £2.50 each, they also do a stock bag for £1 and aa salad bag also they do eggs.
I believe each area offers different things, some of the ones in west or north wales offer cheap meat and fresh bread, mine is handy not only for my pv days but to feed my family so cheaply!
Here is the link just enter your area, it does have england on there but nothing happens when you click on it.
Rural Regeneration Unit

oh dear kerensa70!! ive eaten almost 2 packets myself in the last 5 days. not to worry :-/

Rural regeneration sound a fantastic idea, I've never heard of anything like it.

Farmfoods are doing 750g bag of frozen sliced rhubarb for £1 at the minute, great for adding to muffins and of course great as you can have it on PP!

Jack Fultons have 4x Youngs Salmon fillets for £1.49 - none left in my local store though beacuse I bought the lot hehe
Also Aldi tinned pink salom in brine 99p.

Got the rhubarb from Farmfoods 3 for the price of 2 works, out a pound a bag. Got a huge bag of drumsticks, think they were about £3 and crab sticks (29p per pack) Cx

Salmon half price in Morrisons atm- £6.49 per kg.

Mornflake 500g bags 50p in Home Bargains!!

Mornflake 500g bags 50p in Home Bargains!!

I saw this this morning, but is it oatbran or just oat flakes....is there a difference? It was very big flakes compared to the oatbran I've had from morrisons or H&B.

I buy all my meat at the halal butcher. They sell their chicken meat skinles, even the chicken wings. I pay around £4-£5 per kilo for skinless and boneless chicken. I also chose beef with no visible fat on it and ask the butcher to mince it for me. The extra lean beef mince is only £5-£6 per kilo. Really worth it!

Back