DUKAN ON A BUDGET ...

Jo, if you shop at Leclerc, they have 25% ticket Leclerc on packs of chicken just now. I'll be stocking the freezer. (Hopefully it's nationwide and not just regional otherwise of no interest to you:p).

Must get more at tesco when I'm at my sisters this weekend as I think I'm gonna be making loads more muffins lol asda did have them on offer at 30p but they are back up in price now :(

Jo, if you shop at Leclerc, they have 25% ticket Leclerc on packs of chicken just now. I'll be stocking the freezer. (Hopefully it's nationwide and not just regional otherwise of no interest to you:p).

No Leclerc in the vicinity... in country, it's Auchan only (or Intermarché but it's too crowded, and I'd only have trolley rage!)

In the city here, believe it or not, but we have NO hypermarkets so "make do" shopping in "proper shops"!

I shop in the reduced section in asda for meat & fish and put it in the freezer .... Best time is usually around teatime when they start reducing the fresh fish

The kindle version of the diet book is now 4.99.

Also, try Cornish Sardines which are in season now. I just bought 4 for £1.38 and two or three are plenty per person. I dry fry them with a bit of mustard, pepper and a dusting of chilipowder, and some mixed herbs inside. Or grill them. Nice on PV days with mashed parsnip.

Hi,

I just noticed that smoked salmon trimming are only £1 in sainsburys. They are lovely baked with an egg like a quiche :)

Hi,

I just noticed that smoked salmon trimming are only £1 in sainsburys. They are lovely baked with an egg like a quiche :)

The Sainsbury's ones are nice, but then I bought some from Asda the other day and they are not so good. Bits of skin and other "chewy" bits amongst them. I'm not a fusspot, but I didn't enjoy it and didn't really fancy the other half of the pack tbh.

Cue one happy cat!

Purchased 2 bags of the sainsbury salmon trimmings today - having them with scrambled egg tomorrow. Were 98p a packet so good value

I love tesco 4 packs for £12.00 - great value

I was pleasantly surprised with Lidl the other day. I haven't shopped there since I was a student but managed to get 2 large pieces of lean frying steak for £2.70 and a good-sized whole chicken for roasting for £2.99. Both tasted really good.

They had some good deals on frozen salmon and chicken too but my freezer is a bit too full for that at the moment.

I quite like the packs of bresaola (spicy cured beef) at Sainsburys, which are about £2.50 each. Sounds a lot but M & S packs are about £4 odd, although I have to say the flavour is better.
M&S also had some tasty squid rings as a sort of tapas which I really loved to nibble on - lovely chewy texture. They were on offer during the summer and I over did them so now I hate them!

Yup I just got the salmon and also they have a 120g pack of smoked salmon on offer for £1.79.

Last edited:
Can I resurrect this thread? It's a great idea! I work in ASDA so tomorrow I will have a look at what offers are one. Never been big on Farmfoods but I understand they are cheap. Does anyone know if their meat is any good? Also, are butchers cheaper than supermarkets? I will have to visit my local butcher on Friday and find out.

Oh, please DO resurrect this! Dukan isn't terribly purse friendly so, to quote a certain supermarket, 'every little helps'!

Chicken livers is my cheap and tasty standby - big packet for 99p from Sainsburys. And Aldi do free range chickens (happy chickens!) for a fiver.

P x

Oh, please DO resurrect this! Dukan isn't terribly purse friendly so, to quote a certain supermarket, 'every little helps'!

Chicken livers is my cheap and tasty standby - big packet for 99p from Sainsburys. And Aldi do free range chickens (happy chickens!) for a fiver.

P x
Thats good news Pauline, Dukan is a particular struggle for me at the moment. I'm really struggling financially at the moment and food from sources that are free range or where I know the welfare standards are acceptable is important to me. My local Asda (one of the local ones) doesn't even sell British ham or free range chicken!

I did find that Wiatrose do frozen free range chicken thighs for just over £5 (if my memory serves me correctly), there are 6 or 7 in them, very good.

Thanks Zakcat, LOVE chicken thighs .... bung them in the Actifry and they're lovely and juicy :D

15 free-range eggs from Aldi for £1.99 too ...... nowhere else compares with that price!

P x

Back