Cruise PV Dukan Safe Indian?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Brownie_Earthquake, 8 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Just wondering about Indian restaurant/takeaway food:

How 'safe' are certain Indian dishes for Dukan?

I know all the curries are out of the question, but I was wondering about the following:

chicken Tikka
    Chicken Shashlick
    Tandoori Chicken

They're not cooked in any sauce - they're marinated in something, but I don't know what, so if anyone here has any advice, it's much appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lausanne

Lausanne I can if I think I can.

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Tandoori Chicken taken from Wikipedia......

The chicken is marinated in Yoghurt and seasoned with tandoori masala. It is moderately piquant in India, but the heat is reduced in most Western nations. Cayenne pepper, red chili powder or kashmiri red chili powder is used to give it a fiery red hue in the original version. A higher amount of turmeric produces an orange color. In milder versions, both red and yellow food coloring are used to achieve the color.[1] It is traditionally cooked at high temperatures in a tandoor (clay oven), but can also be prepared on a traditional barbecue grill.

Sounds quite dukan friendly. Hope you have a lovely meal. :)Xx

4. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan

Got a birthday coming up this week which is bound to be takeaway, and even though I could cook my own dinner I wondered how suitable the Indian dishes were.

I think it depends on the individual restaurant but I figured that yoghurt and oil were used, but thought they may be moderately Dukan-friendly, at least as far as takeaways go!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.