Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Dinner sounds lovely DD, how are you doing those veg in creamy sauce?

Assuming celerial is grated, excess moisture squeezed out, bound with egg/quark and dry fried? Yum!

I was inspired by Mouse's recipe and am also using an adapation of a Weight Watcher's version.

The celeriac is indeed grated with excess moistured removed in the recipe book, but then mixed with potato (no egg or quark), then fried into cakes.

However, I'm obviously not going to be using potatoes. I'd planned on seeing how well the grated celeriac stands up to being rostified on its on, but will add an egg to bind if necessary. I also intend to add some fresh herbs.

I'll let you know how I get on! :)

The creamy roasted veg are from the same WW recipe. They're mixed with low-fat soft cheese and fresh herbs after roasting in order to make the sauce. Obviously, this is fine for Conso (except for me splitting my cheese ration in two today), but not for Cruise. I think that a nice fromage frais or quark, possibly garlic and fresh herb mixture would make a decent substitute, though.

The results are in on the celeriac rosti and I was quite pleased with it. I did find that it needed some binding. As I made one very large rosti, dividing it in half to serve two of us, I needed to add 1 egg and also some quark. In the end, there was far too much, though! It definitely tasted rosti-like and would make a nice change every now and again. (Although not very often as the grating was such a pain to do - quite literally as the tendons in my wrist are knackered at the moment).

The roasted veg were gorgeous. If anyone on Cruise tries it, then I'd recommend using quark, rather than fromage frais to mix into it after roasting - FF fromage frais has a tendency to separate when it's mixed with hot things, whereas quark works better. I'd also add either some fresh or dried herbs and some crushed garlic (or add the garlic to the veg before roasting). Very tasty!

Thankfully, it's cooled down a little today. This is just as well because I shall be attempting some more Wii Zumba.

PP with gala meal 2 today:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (Gala 2) Butternut squash soup with garlic and cheese pizza, followed by chocolate truffle torte with single cream

The Zumba Wii thing described me as a "Zumba Pro" yesterday! It can't have been paying too much attention to my pitiful attempts, that's all I can say.

PV with carb meal 2 today:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Squash and carrot soup with ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (Carb 2) Roast red pepper beef with WM pasta, followed by crème au choc

It's amazing what a bit of arm waving can convince the thing you are doing :)

It's amazing what a bit of arm waving can convince the thing you are doing :)

Well, next week I'll be moving onto the intermediate level. It's probably trying to lull me into a false sense of security so it can laugh its socks off at me when I make even more of an idiot of myself.

But yes, I'm not entirely sure of the accuracy! :D

I was just reading about a friend making chocolate oreo balls - omg they sounded divine - and I thought of you!!! I wonder how many one could get away with as a gala meal?

You're just putting me to shame because I only did it once!!

I must admit that after my first try, I almost only did it once - it was a bit daunting, to say the least! :eek::D

As for the Oreo balls, I'm imagining downing a good, big handful of them. Which is a pretty agonising thought since it's Boring Thursday today and I will now be fantasising about them. :(;)

(Must remember to look up that recipe when I'm on a gala meal day and not to do it today.)

Boring PP Day - but at least I remembered to bake my muffins this time, thank goodness:

B Yoghurt with muffin
L Turkey rashers with chive cottage cheese, muffin
D Oriental meatballs, muffin
S Muffin

I shouldn't have thanked you for torturing me with that recipe, but I just couldn't help myself. :D

I particularly like this bit of advice from it: "To make the Oreo Balls a little less unhealthy, substitute low-fat Oreo cookies and low-fat cream cheese." Not quite Dukan! :D

I just don't think I'd be able to stop scoffing them once I started!! It's quite scary - I was watching embarrassing bodies the other night and they said that if you overeat by 300 calories per day, you would put on 2 stones over a two year period!!! Easy to see how we all became overweight if you think of it like that!!

I just don't think I'd be able to stop scoffing them once I started!! It's quite scary - I was watching embarrassing bodies the other night and they said that if you overeat by 300 calories per day, you would put on 2 stones over a two year period!!! Easy to see how we all became overweight if you think of it like that!!

Yes, it's insidious, Mouse, and creeps up on you without you even realising. Scary stuff indeed!

That's why I guess it's worth still keeping an eye on the scales during Stab - although perhaps not quite so obsessively as is necessary during the previous phases. That way, we can catch any gains before they become too high and do something about them.

On a less scary note, it's PV Burger Day today:

B Yoghurt with apple juice
L Butternut squash soup with ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D Galette, burger, grilled onion, cheese, homemade ketchup, gherkins, followed by crème au choc

Morning gorgeous! Well I made the Oreo balls and they guys said they were gorgeous! There are still about 20 of them in the fridge, but I know that if I had one I wouldn't be able to stop at one so I have steered clear! I even dunked them in melted chocolate and got it all over my hands and didn't lick a single finger!

The guys said they are good, but I only let them have 4 each! They are going to scoff the rest tonight when I am not around to ration them :)

Worry not, she's on her holidays!

Hope consostab is going well, DD.:D

Back