Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

I am having a chicken and salmon day today :D

- but think I might try and make some kind of scotch egg type affair with some minced chicken.

Oooh, intriguing! You must post the recipe if it works out, Mouse. Would love to try that. I'd probably go for beef mince, though, as I find chicken/turkey mince very dry.

Would be nice with a boiled egg which still has a tiny bit of softness in the yolk.

Well, nothing nearly as exciting as Em's fantastic red wedding outfit trying on session to report, but am chuffed to bits that I now have a couple of properly fitting gorgeous bra and knickers sets and have just ordered a couple more.

I can't tell you how good it is to feel supported again, even though there's not much left to support. Had to move down a whole cup size, sob!

sorry to hear you've lost a cup size dd, but yay for being properly supported. am looking forward to getting in a new bra on saturday - think i'm going to drop at least one more cup size too...

sorry to hear you've lost a cup size dd, but yay for being properly supported. am looking forward to getting in a new bra on saturday - think i'm going to drop at least one more cup size too...

Good luck with your fitting, Em. At least you still have a bit of oomph left in your chest - unlike me, you lucky thing! :cry:;)

It does feel ever so much more comfortable to be in the correct sized bra.

I'm up 1lb, which is not unexpected as I have TOTM at the moment and I've been a bit naughty. I need to confess to having eaten a box of chocolates which my neighbour gave me as a thank you present. I obviously need to work on my willpower!

Today is normally a gala meal day, but I shall be switching it to tomorrow. We'll be visiting my family as my aunt was rushed to hospital (yet again, poor thing). She's out again now, but I want to make sure that she's okay.

So today will be a PV with carb meal day instead:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, orange juice
L Meatloaf, cheese and gherkin sandwich, yoghurt
D (Carb 1) Lamb steaks with roast veg (including beetroot and a couple of potatoes), followed by crème au chocolat

great news on the weight, but sorry about your aunt too dd.

i shouldn't worry about the chocs - you've a little wiggle room there at the moment!

jaqys - Unfortunately, they were delicious. The problem is that I find it all too easy to demolish a whole box of chocs and I really don't want to go back to my old ways - they are what got me Dukanning in the first place! I must strengthen my willpower.

Thanks for your kind wishes re my aunt. She actually looked better than she has for ages, I was relieved to see! She's due to have more tests this week, but at least it's nothing to do with her heart and I'm pretty hopeful that it's probably nothing to do with the cancer.

It was so lovely to see my family yesterday. Really enjoyed it, as well as our gala meal out.

Sunday:
L (gala 1) Roast beef, 1.65 Yorkshire puddings, gravy, roast potatoes, baby turnips, mashed swede, cabbage, carrots and peas, followed by chocolate cheesecake with a small scoop of chocolate ice cream. Washed down with half a pint of cider
D Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette with bread

Today is PV with carb meal 1:
L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette with bread, yoghurt
D (carb 1) Turkey casserole (includes butternut squash, leeks, small amount of Puy lentils and tarragon) with couple of new potatoes and broccoli, followed by crème au chocolat

argh will you stop with the cider talk lol ;p........ as for the chocs your just being normal ....i bet it does not harm you xx

argh will you stop with the cider talk lol ;p........ as for the chocs your just being normal ....i bet it does not harm you xx

Sorry, Scrumps. You know how much I loves me cider, though! :D

I'm not so much worried about this one box of chocs in particular - but all of the other ones which I'll now be tempted to scoff! I have the willpower of a slug when it comes to chocolate, sadly.

i do love your menus lol

Agreed on loving the menus.
I know its still conso not stab but they do seem like real life again, not diet, despite the lack of carbs on non carb/gala days. I hope I can maintain on similar when the time comes.

Agreed on loving the menus.
I know its still conso not stab but they do seem like real life again, not diet, despite the lack of carbs on non carb/gala days. I hope I can maintain on similar when the time comes.

jaqys - I think that's why I'm loving being on Conso so much. It really doesn't feel too different from real life. I certainly don't feel deprived - although I'd be even happier if they could find a way to allow you to eat box after box of chocs and not put on a single pound.

Come on, Dr D, you laggard - get working on a chocolate diet! ;)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll probably feel the same way that I do - the new variety of lovely things you're allowed to eat on Conso makes it much easier to stick to it (with the exception of evil chocolate binges, of course).

thing about conso that worries me is pigging out !! i mean ive eaten more chickens and cows than i could imagine bringing in conso do i still eat more protein and get away with it ? sounds confusing that but I know what i mean lol

Your meals def sound lovely! I can't wait to get on conso, I'll feel almost 'normal' again haha

thing about conso that worries me is pigging out !! i mean ive eaten more chickens and cows than i could imagine bringing in conso do i still eat more protein and get away with it ? sounds confusing that but I know what i mean lol

I know exactly what you mean, Scrumps. In some ways, the temptation can be greater because the rules are less strict and more variety is available to you, plus cravings can start to rear their ugly head again.

I haven't consciously set out to eat a specific ratio of protein to carbs to fat, etc. Judging by Myfitnesspal, I'm still eating much more protein that I did pre-Dukan. Perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to eat a whole chicken in one go, but I'm sure you could still get away with a decent amount of it.

Mind you, everyone is different and, as we've seen on here, some people can get away with eating things that others struggle with. So I think it's a question of trying Conso and seeing what works for you.

You'll be fine, though, and we're all here to help you through it. :)

Your meals def sound lovely! I can't wait to get on conso, I'll feel almost 'normal' again haha

Thanks, Charlie. It's definitely worth all of the restrictions and waiting time! :)

PV with gala meal 2 today:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (gala 2) Beetroot and tomato soup, cheese and garlic pizza followed by chocolate truffle torte with single cream

Don't tell scrumps, but I've just got back from Morrisons where they had cider on special offer so I stocked up on some Westons and Thatcher's, including some lovely scrumpy.

Today is PV with carb meal 2:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Beetroot and tomato soup, ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (carb 2) Red pepper beef wholemeal pasta with Parmesan cheese, followed by crème au chocolat

PV with carbs

Back