Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

Fabulous posts DD... and the advice to Mouse is spot on.

Topaz- I hear where you're coming from, but if you look at Mouse's signature, and see how long she's been doing this, that's why we're advising her to move onto Conso. You have picked up interesting information though on carbs which you could possibly help us with though. I for one suffer (in the mind) immediately I increase my carbs and usually fall head first into a bucket of food!

Increasing fat isn't something I'd be happy with - a little fair enough yes, but not to the levels some diets countenance.

Perhaps you can tell us more.

DD - if you want to stop the weight loss, perhaps dropping the soup might help as you've mentioned before that you like to start even a gala meal with soup to "fill you up". Having said that, I don't see soup in your recent menus.
x

Is it burger day again yet?

Fabulous posts DD... and the advice to Mouse is spot on.

DD - if you want to stop the weight loss, perhaps dropping the soup might help as you've mentioned before that you like to start even a gala meal with soup to "fill you up". Having said that, I don't see soup in your recent menus.
x

Thanks, Jo. I know that Mouse will get there in the end, especially with the inspiring amount of determination she's shown so far.

I'm also trying to get my thoughts on Conso down on record now, since I'll be moving onto Stab soon. I'll be reading that part of the book and formulating my plans, taking inspiration from the achievements of Anja and Laura, of course.

Interesting point you make about the soup. I did actually consider that - until I checked the calorie and nutritional points of those soup gala meals with myfitnesspal. Quite horrifyingly, last night's complete gala evening meal came to a total of 1,348 calories! So yesterday's total cals came to 1,985.

Soup for an evening meal is something we used to have once a week pre-Dukan, along with some lovely kind of garlicky bread/pizza so, in keeping with my desire to create as "normal" an eating plan for me as possible, this fits in well.

The filling-up bit comes in afterwards as I tend to use the left-overs on a couple of occasions afterwards in order to supplement my lunches. But the soup is actually in addition to what I would have for lunch in any case, even though it does wonderfully well to stop the slightest hunger pang.

The really weird thing is that I'm eating a crazy number of calories, way more than myfitnesspal suggests on most days. PP days are the exception, where I hover around the 1000-1200 mark. I have no idea how I'm managing to get away with this. In fact, it makes me feel pretty guilty when I read about the struggles which others are experiencing with losing weight.

Perhaps it's my weird metabolism or maybe this just goes to prove the fact that weight is not a simple equation of balancing calories in, calories out. Maybe it's because in my pre-Dukan days my diet was extremely carb-heavy, probably lacking in protein (I've never been a particular fan of meat), whereas it's now the other way around?

I have a feeling that I might put on a little more weight (which is fine by me) when I move onto Stab, but maybe this is the kind of weight my body wants me to be (if that doesn't sound too weird). So I'm trying not to stress about it, as long as I'm eating plenty and healthily (apart from those insane gala desserts! :eek: )

My height and very slight build seem fine at this weight and people who I trust to be completely straight with me aren't telling me that I look horribly skinny. The comments I'm getting are along the lines of, "You look really great at the moment - but just don't lose any more."

So I'm happy to go with the flow at the moment - unless, of course, I do start losing more weight (I'm not back to my lowest Conso weight level, thank goodness). And if I do put on a little more weight and reach the 8 stone level, then I'll be very happy with that.

Just a note that my lowest adult weight was 8-9lbs less than this - not that I want to go back to that at my age! :eek:

No need at all to feel guilty - you are an inspiration too and I love to read your menus - living my own fancies through your menus! My weight seems to fluctuate terribly so I have started recording a loss when I see one rather than on a set day - better for my moral I think!

You are doing amazingly on conso. I think that following Dukan makes us think about everything that goes in so we get to the point to where we are constantly making wise choices even if we don't think we are. You will continue to make those choices because you don't want to become a carb monster again! I don't think it is until you stop eating the carbs, that you realise what they do to you.

Whilst I am scared off conso, you must be similarly scared of stab - but you have plenty of inspiration on here!

DD, I would imagine (not being negative) that you will probably put on a little weight on stab (I have done;)) and your weight will eventually stabilise to what it 'should' be if you carry on eating the balanced way you currently are (plus the odd extra which is basically what stab is).

Have you got an official date when you 'move over'?

Oh and Manda, you'll probably continue to lose on conso when you make that step - experience on here so far seems to show that (although I put mine back on quickly enough when I ate more fruit). I am another 'lucky' person who stores fat round the middle (unfortunately, it's the most unhealthy place:() so I totally understand where you are coming from.

No need at all to feel guilty - you are an inspiration too and I love to read your menus - living my own fancies through your menus! My weight seems to fluctuate terribly so I have started recording a loss when I see one rather than on a set day - better for my moral I think!

You are doing amazingly on conso. I think that following Dukan makes us think about everything that goes in so we get to the point to where we are constantly making wise choices even if we don't think we are. You will continue to make those choices because you don't want to become a carb monster again! I don't think it is until you stop eating the carbs, that you realise what they do to you.

Whilst I am scared off conso, you must be similarly scared of stab - but you have plenty of inspiration on here!

Aw, thanks, Mouse. Those are kind words. :)

I think that it's a very good idea to record your weight in this new way because the thing is that you ARE still going in the right direction, even though it may feel slow in happening. I think at times like this, with so many fluctuations, it can be all too easy to forget how much you've actually achieved so far (and you've come a hell of a long way). Good on you, Mousie! :)

Your words on the Dukan way training us to make wise choices are so true. I'm thinking completely differently about food now (except perhaps for chocolate, unfortunately :eek: ). These days, I don't see a delicious, crusty-pastried, tender meated pork pie - I see a stonking wodge of fat that's going to play merry havoc with my skinny jeans! ;)

You're spot on about the carbs as well. I loved them so much and was conditioned to have them with every single meal - in fact, I didn't consider a meal to be a "proper" one unless it came with carbs. Now, I can take them or leave them - something to be enjoyed every now and again but not a necessary part of my life.

I feel like going into the heart of the Highlands, wearing a kilt, painting my face blue and putting on a Mel Gibson wig: "Carbs can never take our freeeeedooooomm!!!!!!" :D

Seriously, though, that's exactly what the Dukan Diet has given me: freedom. The freedom to be able to turn down carbs, to make better choices, to wear my flaming skinny jeans! :D

Finally - yes, I'm a bit apprehensive over Stab, just like you are with Conso. Every new stage of this diet is scary - until you take that leap of faith and do it.

I'll be fine on Stab and you'll be fine on Conso, Mouse. (But we're allowed to hide behind the sofa in the meantime until we have to face them. ;) )

I feel like going into the heart of the Highlands, wearing a kilt, painting my face blue and putting on a Mel Gibson wig: "Carbs can never take our freeeeedooooomm!!!!!!" :D

This I'd pay to see :eek:

DD, I would imagine (not being negative) that you will probably put on a little weight on stab (I have done;)) and your weight will eventually stabilise to what it 'should' be if you carry on eating the balanced way you currently are (plus the odd extra which is basically what stab is).

Have you got an official date when you 'move over'?

Oh and Manda, you'll probably continue to lose on conso when you make that step - experience on here so far seems to show that (although I put mine back on quickly enough when I ate more fruit). I am another 'lucky' person who stores fat round the middle (unfortunately, it's the most unhealthy place:() so I totally understand where you are coming from.

A little weight back on would by fine by me, Laura (as long as it's not all of it!) :) It's good to know to expect that possibility and be prepared for it. Your and Anja's diaries have been so useful to me throughout Conso, and I'm sure they'll continue to be when I reach Stab. I don't envy you being the first trailblazers, though - must have been pretty damn scary. :eek:

Looking back at my stats document, I've scheduled 2nd July as S Day. Eek! :eek:

Wish me luck! :D

I forgot to post my menu yesterday, so here's a double helping. Today, though, is Boring PP Day.

Yesterday - PV with carb meal 2:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, orange juice
L Leek, pepper and cabbage soup with ham and tomato sandwich, followed by yoghurt
D (carb 2) Fajita made with wholemeal tortilla, rump steak, onion, mushrooms, red pepper and fresh coriander, served with grated cheese and a fromage frais/chive dip. Followed by crème au choc

Today - Boring PP Day:

B Yoghurt with muffin
L Turkey rashers with chive cottage cheese, yoghurt, muffin
D Em's frittata, muffin
S Muffin

I tried a Wii Zumba lesson for the first time yesterday - very sweaty! Should be great cardio. I just wish I could get the movements right. There are no instructions so I'm just bouncing around and waving my arms in a vague imitation of what's onscreen, studiously pretending not to notice my neighbour from across the road trying not to laugh as he got into his car.

I was spectacularly rubbish at the Wii Zumba!!

Can't believe it's boring Thursday again - how am I meant to live my food fantasies through your diary when it's always bloody Thursday!!?? :)

I'm pleased it's not just me, Mouse! Mind you, I have practically no co-ordination whatsoever and can't tell my left from my right so I'm not a fantastic dancer at the best of times.

The animated woman you're supposed to follow on the Wii just seems to go for it, hell for leather, throwing flourishy bits about all over the place. I stand no chance of doing exactly what she does, so I just do my own enthusiastic crappy version. (No wonder my neighbour was trying not to laugh. I dread to think what I must look like.) :eek:

Still, all of that jumping around must be of some benefit, I think (and hope!) :D

Sorry about it being Boring Thursday. But don't worry, you can have your vicarious burger tomorrow - yum! And then it's Brownie Day the day after that! :D

lol i cant even do just dance I used to be great at jogging on wii fit and i hate jogging

Another one here with no co-ordination.

Keep the curtains closed;).

Alas, jogging sets off my asthma, so I'm afraid I'll have to stick to the embarrassing dancing. :eek:

As for closing the curtains - the neighbours might suspect that something even worse is going on! :eek::D

So it's Burger Day again - hurray!

PV:

B Yoghurt with orange juice
L Leek, pepper and something else (I can't remember) soup with leftover Em's frittata sandwich, yoghurt
D Galette, burger, HM ketchup, grilled onions, cheese, gherkin, followed by crème au choc

Back