Consolidation Dukandebut's Trying to Stay the Same Diary

What recipe do you use for the creme au choc?

What recipe do you use for the creme au choc?

It's the one in the Dukan book, Topaz. I enjoy them quite a bit now, but I think that I'm the only one! (Those I've heard who've tried the recipe don't seem to have had much success with it.)

Although the recipe states 4 servings, I get 3 decent-sized ramekins from it. I do freeze it to save time, but it tends to separate at bit and is much nicer not frozen. I also increase the cornflour to 1 tsp, but only have a maximum of 1 crème per day (1/3 tsp in each). Of course, cornflour and cocoa are both restricted items so bear that it mind.

Finally, it's a good idea to make sure that they are very cold before serving. Tastes so much better that way, I find.

To save you looking it up, here it is:

Café, Chocolate or Vanilla Crème

3 eggs, separated
1/8 tsp cornflour
225ml skimmed milk
Flavouring (choose one): 1 tsp instant coffee, 1 tsp non-fat cocoat powder dissolved in water or 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise, insides removed and mixed with a few drips of vanilla extract
Aspartame to taste

First make the "crème anglaise": in a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the cornflour and beat until you have a smooth mousse. Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the flavouring of our choice. Warm over a low heat. Remove from the heat. Add the warmed milk mixture to the egg yolks. Put back on a low heat and stir well until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture sticks to the spatula. Aspartame may be added to sweeten. Pour into a large soufflé dish or individual ramekins. Allow to set in the refrigerator. Serve very cold. This can also be put into an ice cream maker (follow manufacturer's instructions).

Another good STS weigh in this morning.

Although I'm not much of a fruit fan, I do enjoy melon, so I suppose I should start buying them soon for my daily fruit ration. Trouble is, I'm enjoying my fruit juice too much and will surely miss it.

Anyway, since it's such a sunny day, I thought I'd make a nice, warm, filling mince and dumplings with mash for dinner tonight. One of the pitfalls of planning menus a couple of weeks ahead. :rolleyes: Still, both my husband and I are not salad-lovers and prefer a bit of stodge any day. :D

PV with gala meal 1 Brownie Day:

B Yoghurt with oatbran, apple juice
L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette, yoghurt
D (Gala 1) Mince and dumplings with root veg mash, followed by chocolate brownie and probably a glass of cider

Blurgh, I ate far too much last night and felt sick. Such a stupid thing to do and all stems from being trained to clear your plate. I must remember that it's okay to leave something next time!

PV Piggy Day today:

L Cheese, spring onion and mushroom omelette, yoghurt
D Pork fillet in a tomato with a bit of red wine sauce, crème au chocolate (finally remembered to make them!)

It sometimes feels like every day's a piggy day to me :)
Got my maxi dress in M&S - very nice. Had ordered a smaller size and it was a bit shorter :)

Yes, that's another good thing about losing weight - the dresses and skirts tend to be shorter, which is great when you're not very tall!

I never thought I'd take to maxi dresses but am definitely becoming more keen on them. (Plus it means that I don't have to fake tan my milk bottle legs!) I shall pop to the M&S site and take a look!

DD - I just copied your creme au chocolat recipe down (not that I need any more desserts, but...) and I've been trying to figure out what you do with the egg whites? (Use them for something else? Or do they get used somewhere in the creme dessert?).

Leave food??? Gosh! I wonder whether I'll ever get there... I won't hold my breath!

DD - I just copied your creme au chocolat recipe down (not that I need any more desserts, but...) and I've been trying to figure out what you do with the egg whites? (Use them for something else? Or do they get used somewhere in the creme dessert?).

Leave food??? Gosh! I wonder whether I'll ever get there... I won't hold my breath!

Please let me know whether you like them if you do decide to give them a try, Jo. I've never heard of anyone else who enjoys them! :eek: :D

As for the egg whites, I'm often very wasteful, I hate to admit. If, like last time I made them, I'm eating an eggy dish such as omelette within a day afterwards, then I'll save the whites and use them in that. Otherwise, I'm afraid that they are thrown away. :eek:

PV with Carb meal day for me today:

L Cheese and spring onion toasted sandwich, yoghurt
D (Carb 1) Spicy Swedish meatballs with shredded cabbage and wholemeal noodles, followed by crème au chocolat

I'll let you know if I try them. Perhaps some meringue on the top might be nice!!

I've never tried an egg white only omelette but have an American friend who regular eats them when looking to shed a few pounds. (Just the thought though! I expect they're all pale and pasty looking like airplane omelettes cooked in the microwave, ugh!)

I've never tried an egg white only omelette but have an American friend who regular eats them when looking to shed a few pounds. (Just the thought though! I expect they're all pale and pasty looking like airplane omelettes cooked in the microwave, ugh!)

I make sure that there's at least 1 yolk in mine. Mind you, I might consider whites-only omelette for the horribly boring strict Stab PP days. I love yolks, especially runny ones, and have been known to eat all around the outside of a poached or fried egg, leaving the whole yolk to pop in my mouth all at once, so that I get a hit of that gorgeously rich texture and flavour. :eek:

I'm having to wait in for a delivery today so will miss my dance class. I was tempted to try out my Zumba Fitness Wii game, but decided not to as you can guarantee that the delivery man would arrive just in time to see me jumping around like a demented flea in a bowl of Rice Krispies. So I shall probably opt for a more sedate session of Pilates instead.

PV with Gala meal 2 today:

L Ham and tomato sandwich, yoghurt
D (Gala 2) Creamy vegetable soup (creamy as in contains skimmed milk) with garlic cheese pizza, followed by chocolate truffle torte

but decided not to as you can guarantee that the delivery man would arrive just in time to see me jumping around like a demented flea in a bowl of Rice Krispies.

I'd go for it, if I were you... (or at least feign.) We both know he'll turn up as soon as you start so... at least you'd then have the remainder of your day to yourself!

I hate waiting for deliveries!

I'd go for it, if I were you... (or at least feign.) We both know he'll turn up as soon as you start so... at least you'd then have the remainder of your day to yourself!

I hate waiting for deliveries!

Hmmm...making Sod's Law work for me - not a bad idea! :D

I am getting a bit fed up of waiting. Might well take your advice. I just hope it's a one-off delivery man and not a regular (far less embarrassing that way).

DD, you could have your choc pud in the evening and meringue (with greek yogurt/quark/something) for lunch...And next chapter will be, 'pudding for breakfast, doable on Dukan':D.

(Stab Thursdays - I have hardboiled eggs on Thursdays, I don't like hardboiled yolk, so fine. This Thursday is green PV, which means I get spinach with my hardboiled egg white - the excitement!)

Has your delivery turned up yet?

DD, you could have your choc pud in the evening and meringue (with greek yogurt/quark/something) for lunch...And next chapter will be, 'pudding for breakfast, doable on Dukan':D.

(Stab Thursdays - I have hardboiled eggs on Thursdays, I don't like hardboiled yolk, so fine. This Thursday is green PV, which means I get spinach with my hardboiled egg white - the excitement!)

Has your delivery turned up yet?

Don't tempt me - or else I'll end up just eating Dukan puddings all day long and nothing else! (Damn my sweet tooth.) ;):D

I'm now rather fancying the idea of making a meringue and having it with sweetened Quark, though.

The Stab PP sounds extremely horrible, so I think adding a bit of greenery is a fantastic idea. In fact, I very much like your adapted PPs. If I don't get along with "white" PPs, I may well copy you.

As for the delivery - no, still not turned up. I made myself look like a demented flea for nothing. Sod's Law had obviously sussed me out and decided to call my bluff by preventing the delivery man from arriving mid-Zumba. :(

There's only one thing for it DD... face mask on, cucumber on eyes, and get in the bath!

There's only one thing for it DD... face mask on, cucumber on eyes, and get in the bath!

Ah, yes, that's the other very popular time for delivery men to arrive. Or, even worse, a certain face mask that I use overnight once a week - by the next morning, it looks like something unspeakable has happened to my face. So I always get up extra early to wash it off! :eek::eek:

Thankfully, it did arrive before I was forced to take drastic measures. I was fully dressed and everything, for a change. :D

yogurt cake for breakfast mmmmmmmm

Back