Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Hello me luvvlies! Great to be back x

OH found an apartment for us to rent just before heading back here, so luckily we have a place to go to right away. Good thing because the cats are on the same flight as us and they will be howling by the time we pick them up at the Heathrow quarantine center! Just crossing fingers they make it over ok :-(

For the rest, we will take it as it comes. Lots of job interviews in the coming weeks and hopefully work will be sorted soon so I can crash the party in feb :)

Onward and downward, 2013!

great to hear from you New year new chapter good luck xxx

I'd been wondering how you were getting on, Caro! Thanks for thinking of us and welcome to London! Whereabouts are you living? I hope the journey was as painless as a flight from one side of the world to the other can be and that 2013 brings you much success and happiness - good luck with the job interviews. xx

PS Are you still in touch with Joodle-Bob? She disappeared off the boards about the same time as you, probably a bit before actually.

welcome back xx

Wow, I made it! Finally on the same island - and time zone - as most of you!

Can't believe it's only been a week since I arrived. Cats made it over safely with minimal trauma or jetlag. OH and I have been running around buying up household supplies in the January sales. Unfortunately no discounts for dukan goodies, though :)

But I've been slowly getting back into things and filling the kitchen with oatbran, quark, Splenda and the rest. I'll be back soon to ask for advice on where to buy things!

Freezing weather, though... Just makes me want to stuff my face :)

Mid week hugs,

Cx

PS thanks for the welcome back, guys! We found a little flat in Putney which is a quick commute for my current job. Anyone around London, please pm me: it would be great to meet a few locals :)

Job interviews going well so far. Hopefully will know more by the end of the month.

I havent been in touch with joodlebob but will try and track her down. Not sure if she is responding to emails? And what happened to trinimaria?

Hey Sara, I have a cousin and some friends in islington so will definitely be up there soon!

Not sure about the weight... It went up a bit over Christmas of course and then I packed the scale in the shipment which will be arriving sometime in feb. so I'm having to guess where i am by how my clothes fit! My goal is to reach tw by the time the scales arrive.

I know I weigh more than when I started my 'conso' phase, but I'm easing back into healthy eating again now. It's very hard to jump back into dukan in a new environment: takes time to get a new kitchen organized, find out where to buy ingredients, where I can find healthy lunch options around my office, etc. all new brands so it takes a while to read labels again and work out what is allowed!

but I am getting back on track: made muffins this week and slowly stocking up on fat free dairy, eggs and tuna. Will have to start making my own lunch for work as I can't afford to eat out much here anyway :)

And I'm walking lots since no gym for now. When I get into my routine I will try and do some yoga or insanity before work, but it's a bit of a scramble right now in the mornings!

How are all of you doing after the holiday feasting?

Cxx

Your Doing fantastic even trying to keep Dukanning with the massive changes going on atm, finding your feet and settling in again. To answer your question ....loved xmas and just getting back to tw bloody Christmas lol comes along to ruin all our diiets lol

Morning Dukanista. Hows it going????? its been a week xxx

Hello girls, and sorry for the silence! But all is good so far although I'm sad I'm probably going to miss the dukan meet. Just too much going on... I'm still making my daily muffins and eating quite healthily: lots of soups, tuna and low fat dairy. And lots of walking. I'm looking forward to exploring other activities soon: can't wait to start horse riding again! But hubby is still job hunting so I'll stick to the free exercise for now :)

In short, I'm loving being here, loving the crazy, changeable weather - you should have seen the cats when the snow started! - loving good ol' british tv, and just loving life in general :)

Hope you're all having a wonderful day and I'll catch up on the diaries soon!

Cx

caro are you british or just moved hear???? dont know why I thouigh you just worked aboad and of couse your mam living in paradise xxx

Hi Sid,

Quick synopsis: I'm from South Africa, mum lives in Cape Town but we met up on a holiday to Bali a few months back. I was living in shanghai for 14 years and now we've moved to the UK: first time living here for me, although OH went to school and uni here (he's a skandihooligan). I should update all that on my profile as its hidden in miles of posts by now :)

Cx

Welcome Dukanista!

Thanks china! And I'd love to know the china connection, btw, after living there for 14 years :)

Dukanista, I'm half chinese but from Trinidad & my Dad was Irish. There are some family still living in China but most now live in the west Indies!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH now I know, xxx

Back